CZT IM and N2O?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CZT IM and N2O?

Bad? OK? Good? Great? I'm getting their manifold when I get back from basic and I just want to find out what everyone thinks about this. I know the VRIS on the stock IM's can damper the effects of the N2O so I'm thinking no VRIS would be a BIG plus for N2O.

Anyway, lets get some discussion going.

-Jon
    oUTLAW eNGINEERING pHENOLIC sPACERS ||tEST pIPE ||rED prd iGNITION wIRES ||mONZA cATBACK ||ur udp||jmuSPIKE7 gROUNDING kIT ||zex 65 wET sHOT||zex pURGE kIT||spec sTAGE iii cLUTCH||hOTSHOT sTYLE cai||tOKICO iLLUMINAS||dROPzONE cOILOVERS||sAND pAPER rESURFACED fLYWHEEL

Originally posted by stupafly22
    Bad? OK? Good? Great? I'm getting their manifold when I get back from basic and I just want to find out what everyone thinks about this. I know the VRIS on the stock IM's can damper the effects of the N2O so I'm thinking no VRIS would be a BIG plus for N2O.

Anyway, lets get some discussion going.

-Jon
    VRIS can only damper the effects of N2O if you're an idiot and spray with them closed. Tie them open and no worries.

Not saying this CTZ manifold won't show better gains, because it probably would. I'm interested to see how that IM performs on juice.
    '93 Electric Red PGT SOLD
    Sponsored By: Dunlop Tires, Acci-Dent, Extreme Parts, Street Graphix, S3 Magazine, Great Lakes Dragaway
    2006 Infiniti G35 Sedan

Comment

or boosted

Comment

i love all these threads that ask about gains from the czt im, no one has it, no one has dyno'd it, end of story.
        Chris Rose

Comment

I love Chris Rose
          I've owned the Same Probe for 10 years.

Comment

Judging purely by the design of the IM.. I would be worried about the location of the N2O jet.

Since there is just a direct view of the runners from the TB, I would be afraid of the nozzle being turned slightly one way or the other and overloading one bank or the other with N2O.

Yes, I know that the output should be fogged, but the majority still goes where aimed. This is why I pose this thought... not everyone puts their fogger 6" away as directed (pretty much because most of us have a VAF at about 6").
            Jeff (member #1404) 1995 PGT - Reliable stock internal'd 10:1 300+whp ZE-T & highest horsepower of 275whp @ 5psi
            1991 PGT ----- 2003 Suzuki Hayabusa (GSX1300R) ~ 10.6@139mph ----- 1980 MGB

Comment

Originally posted by 93MX6er
              i love all these threads that ask about gains from the czt im, no one has it, no one has dyno'd it, end of story.
              friggin 4+ months of waiting and still nothin

Dan
              Left the probe scene, into the Corvette scene

Comment

Originally posted by probepimp
                VRIS can only damper the effects of N2O if you're an idiot and spray with them closed. Tie them open and no worries.

Not saying this CTZ manifold won't show better gains, because it probably would. I'm interested to see how that IM performs on juice.
                I ran 13.8s with a fully functional VRIS

And will be again, soon.
                Rick_96PGTâ„¢ #62
                "I never apologize.
                I'm sorry, but that's just the way I am."
                - Homer J. Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by Rick_96PGT
                  I ran 13.8s with a fully functional VRIS

And will be again, soon.
                  Yeah, easily.. no need to kill your low end.

Especially with a ZE IM, you don't spray right into a VRIS plate for VRIS 2... the plate's further back (that top elbow) so even tho it's not open at 4050 rpm when you might begin spraying, it'll not block the flow as much as on a DE IM with VRIS 2 sitting just behind the TB.
                  Jeff (member #1404) 1995 PGT - Reliable stock internal'd 10:1 300+whp ZE-T & highest horsepower of 275whp @ 5psi

Comment

Just do a direct port on the CZT IM... should be pretty easy.
                    -Chris C.
                    Cadillac ATS 3.6L AWD

Comment

Originally posted by Dans95PGT
                      friggin 4+ months of waiting and still nothin

Dan
                      MazdaSPEED6

Comment

Originally posted by Probe 2C
                        Just do a direct port on the CZT IM... should be pretty easy.
                        Why do you think it would be any easier on the CZT IM than a standard IM?

The whole "should be" means you probably haven't done a DP setup on either, and thus makes me doubt the entire comment.

Comment

i'd be worried about drilling holes in the fragile CZT IM u dunno how the metal n stuff is gonna react

Comment

Working...
                          X