X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CZT Flowbenched Heads

czt website:

FLOWBENCHED/PORTED HEADS!!

Heads are ported, polished, and flowbenched for maximum flow potential and by minimizing velocity loss and tq loss! You get ALL data on a printout of your flowed/ported/polished heads. These are DE heads and they can be kept oval port or portmatched for ZE ports, your choice.

These are heads/camcaps/valves/valvesprings/retainers/locks only: no cams, no hlas, no valvecovers. This is to avoid excess shipping weight and possible damage to valvecovers. You provide your HLAs, cams, and valvecovers. These will be shipped with stock valves and stock valvejob. They are pulled from running motors so a valvejob is at your choice but not required.

We recommend that you take them in for resurfacing before installation.

WE ONLY HAVE 5 SPARE SETS!

FOR THE PRICE OF FLOWBENCHING/PORTING/POLISHING YOU CAN HAVE A SPARE SET OF HEADS!

NO CORE CHARGE, YOU OWN THE HEADS!

GET A SET OF PORTED/POLISHED HEADS ON YOUR CAR AND HAVE NO DOWNTIME!!

$300 per pair: delivery time 1-2 weeks
    I was just wondering if this is what everyone has been talking about needing to be done for our cars. "The one thing that has been holding us back". Is there any more information on the heads. I have read it twice and I am somewhat confused. What has been done to make them so different if we still have to get them ported and polished? Can anyone help me out with this?

-Mike
    Last edited by SirMichael; November 18, 2004, 08:47 PM.
    farfegnugen-n., a speed-induced euphoric state in which the driver of an automobile believes he/she is moving at a sufficient rate of speed to leave all troubles behind.

Cardomain
    | MySpace

its obvious, to me anyway, that its saying they are already ported and polished

"GET A SET OF PORTED/POLISHED HEADS ON YOUR CAR AND HAVE NO DOWNTIME!!"

because there is no core you dont have to take the heads off your car and send them off
    asdf

Comment

But is it really any better than stock ZE heads? What does the flowbench change about them?
      farfegnugen-n., a speed-induced euphoric state in which the driver of an automobile believes he/she is moving at a sufficient rate of speed to leave all troubles behind.

Cardomain
      | MySpace

Comment

the flowbench allows you to see how well the heads flow. its a measuring instrument used while porting heads. sounds like a ripoff to me, cyborg posted here about a month ago that you only get like a 5% increase in flow from porting.
        Beautiful Beast- 1997 PGT in process of becoming an SC/NA Beast...
        Elo- 1990 BMW 325i weekend car
        Brunhilde- 2003 BMW Z4 3.0 6-speed daily driver
        The Beast- Sleeping in the junkyard...

Comment

the heads have never been the bottle neck to my knowledge, if your boosted or running 200 whp N/A or have every other bolt on, then maybe... and i would wanna know HOW MUCH ebtter flow these have...
          MazdaSPEED6

Comment

Originally posted by proboner
            cyborg posted here about a month ago that you only get like a 5% increase in flow from porting.
            That's exactly what I thought he said in that post.

Comment

I think its a great price!

Comment

How much do heads cost from a junk yard? They're just extra heads that Rob has and needs to get rid of....(he doesn't have 4 motors)

--Adam
                2004 Ford Mustang GT - 4.6L V8 AT - Tuned - 3.73s - CAI

Comment

Well in Sweden I got quoted some 500$ PER HEAD, but I know the american tags are more customer friendly... In my view, 300$ for two heads, that are already ported, is a steal! I'd buy a set if I hadnt so many unfinnished projects running (seen my latest PMs Adam?)

Comment

The idea is to balance the flowrates for all the ports so that each cyl is opperating at the same A/F ratio. It's not a bad idea.
                    Ask him what the maximum diffrence between the best and worst flowing ports on a set of heads he has seen.

Comment

As I understood it, Robs has these laying around as extras. Its good for people who are planning on building a set of heads. You already have them ported, polished and flowbenched for optimal flow, you would then only have to do the valvetrain, valve job and get a nice set of cams. Then you'd have built heads. If I had 300 bucks to spend Id be all over these.
                      '93 PGT praying for new paint with RR-Racing STS, Poly Stabilizer Bushings, CM 3, Fidanza Flywheel, AWR Rear Mount, Poly Inserts in the Front Mount, 2.5" CatBack, HD CAI, Tokico Illuminas, Pro Kit Springs, OBX Headers and Resonated test pipe courtesy of TWMotorsports...totaled as of August 2nd

Comment

Wouldnt it be more worth your time (And money) when upgrading to get a set of port and polished ZE heads?

Just a thought.

Comment

Originally posted by K Brice
                          The idea is to balance the flowrates for all the ports so that each cyl is opperating at the same A/F ratio. It's not a bad idea.
                          Ask him what the maximum diffrence between the best and worst flowing ports on a set of heads he has seen.
                          Seems to me minor variances would be rather moot to rectify on these heads. Why? Becuase the HLA's would all have to be 100% pumped up to ensure full valve lift. Since that probably won't happen, I'd say if they're close visually, they're good enough.

Comment

The heads are not even close to being a bottle neck on these engines. The ports on them are almost the same size as a big block Chev. It has been said again and again that ported heads will cause negligable gains.

An intake manifold is what we really need.
                            Kevin B - Former Probe-owner
                            06 Legacy GT
                            98 Legacy GT

Comment

Originally posted by ouch1011
                              The heads are not even close to being a bottle neck on these engines. The ports on them are almost the same size as a big block Chev. It has been said again and again that ported heads will cause negligable gains.

An intake manifold is what we really need.

Cams and intake manifold are the 2.5's bottle neck, for MAJOR power.
                              '14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
                              '16 Chrysler 300S

Comment

Working...
                              X