Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the Wheel decoder/time based cranking with the 6-1 wheel can be iffy with startup. Try cranking through it...there should still be no kickback from the starter though. If you have that, you have other issues.

Also, make sure that the wheel decoder is on the 24s9 style and NOT the 25 style. That seems to change on its own...regardless if it is saved or not.
    I believe in moderation and that includes moderation.
    92 Lexus SC300 - 780whp/700tq 36+ psi

Comment

I'll try cranking for 30sec and see what happens...

Comment

Your engine may also be a little flooded from the cranking before. Try flood clear mode (via going wide open throttle and cranking).

Comment

its soo close to starting... ahhhh this is fustrating

Maybe I have something funky in my MSQ file???
          Last edited by Lineskiier04; May 1, 2006, 11:52 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

double check that wheel decoder mode I just mentioned....

Also...pull a plug and make sure it isn't fouled up.

Comment

The wheel decoder is set properly.....

I pulled all the plugs and they are soaked with gas....

Comment

dry them off with a torch or something. Try again.

Comment

I'll give it another try. Also I noticed many people using a 65 degree trigger, shouldn't it be 60 degrees?

Comment

No 65 for the crank sensor. There is a slight offset

Comment

Tried again...no luck...Its so close to starting. Do you have any other ideas???

My required fuel is set at 12.7

I just realized something that might be the problem... I'm using the stock R4 and R7 resistors. Should these be calibrated with easy therm?
                      Last edited by Lineskiier04; May 1, 2006, 12:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

What do you mean by stock resistors? Are the blue resistors that came with MS installed?

Your MSQ looks good. How are the grounds for your coilpack? The EDIS packs use the backplate as a ground. Make sure that is good....you could even run an extra ground via a small eyelet on one of the corners.

Datalog the startup attemps and post that as well. Did you try startin it in floodclear mode?

Also...are you sure the coilpack is good?
                        Last edited by shaodome; May 1, 2006, 01:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by shaodome
                          No 65 for the crank sensor. There is a slight offset
                          65 for the angle?? is that at falling edge or rising edge of the tooth?
                          Because my wheel decoder signal comes on when the tooth falls sharply, not when it's on the rise sharply.. there is a few degrees difference between those two places.
                          96 PGT - Vroom vroom =||= 01 Honda Odyssey - Family and bicycle hauler =||= 08 Toyota Prius - Commuter =||= 08 Suzuki LS650 - Widow-maker
                          11 Trek Madone 5.9 - Racer =||= 09 Pedal Force CX1 Dura Ace/FSA SLK - Crosser/Tourer/Long distance =||= 73 Schwinn Continental - Fixie =||= 09 Dahon Mu XL Sport - Commuter

Comment

Both R4 and R7 are installed and my coil pack has a good ground...its mounted directly to the engine

I believe that the coil pack is functioning fine...I'll datalog the startup and post the results.

Here is a datalog from an attempted setup: DATALOG

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!!
                            Last edited by Lineskiier04; May 1, 2006, 02:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

good lord mate....look at your MAP readings...it never chagnes during cranking. Is it hooked up? Your injector PW is VERY high and thus flooding.

Comment

Holy bajesus... i second that notion... happens to the best of us... I had that a few times after i modified my MS and forgot to hook up the vacuum line... it makes the car sputter like nuts.

Thomas
                                96 PGT - Vroom vroom =||= 01 Honda Odyssey - Family and bicycle hauler =||= 08 Toyota Prius - Commuter =||= 08 Suzuki LS650 - Widow-maker
                                11 Trek Madone 5.9 - Racer =||= 09 Pedal Force CX1 Dura Ace/FSA SLK - Crosser/Tourer/Long distance =||= 73 Schwinn Continental - Fixie =||= 09 Dahon Mu XL Sport - Commuter

Comment

Working...
                                X