Spark Plug Seats - Tapered or Flat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spark Plug Seats - Tapered or Flat?

I'm finding different information on what plugs fit a 1996 I-4.
    The factory manual shows plug pictures with tapered seats. I bought a set of NGK model BKR6EGP (7092) that have tapered seats with no gasket. Amazon lists Bosch FR8DPX plugs for the I-4, which have flat seats with gaskets. O'Reilly sold me the Bosch plugs, which ran poorly and appeared to overheat.
    Which is correct?

According to NGK tech support, the correct plugs (BKR6xxx) have a flat seat with gaskets. I must have been wrong remembering that the NGK supplied plugs with tapered seats. I'm really pleased at how much better the Probe runs now with NGK.
    Last edited by JCole; August 28, 2015, 10:22 PM. Reason: Contacted NGK for answer.

Ngk is just fine, Bosch.... enh!!
    It's all for multiple applications, use what feels best to you. Just stick with copper core whatever it is.
    Some people are living life and some people are just living.

Comment

I installed a set of the NGK's like those that came with the car & they seem to work the best. Seems to me they're tapered seats?
      Last edited by unionrdr; August 31, 2015, 11:18 AM.

'94 PROBE SE Middle-aged croozr

Comment

I have NGK Platniums and they work fine, smooth running besides the IAC that i need to replace whenever I get the money to do so.

As far as using Bosch electrical? That is sketchy these days, they used to be like Fram then became greedy and cheapened up.
        Last edited by Warrprobe; September 3, 2015, 04:41 AM. Reason: adding to post

Comment

Working...
        X