This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont think that is the type of cell I meant..lo
    if you scrole down the page on the lik above it explains them ...aparently one side gets very cool and the other very hot...l
    Turbo time..

Comment

thanks so much for all the info. I was thinking about boosting my car, but that was gonna be way too expensive, and every minute nitrous just seems more practical, cheaper, and just THE SH*T! I'm now very serious about getting nitrous, EXCELLENT POST! Lately when I sleep at night, visions of nitrous dance in my head...:grin:

Comment

Nitrous on an automatic trans? God knows you've heard this one before, searched a bit and im dumb so still cant find a good solid answer other then the occasional "you'll be fine" to the dramatic "your manifold will be blown to 20 pieces on the first spray"

Comment

I am planning on getting a Zex kit. I was wondering could I put a NOS bottle warmer on that (i like that the NOS one turns on/off acording to pressure and the zex doesnt) and could I put a NOS purge switch/valve on a zex kit (zex doesnt seem to have purge switchs/valves). Also you said that Zex is all wet kits....I thought they were all dry kits. Thank you.

-Nathan

Comment

Originally posted by n1465
            I am planning on getting a Zex kit. I was wondering could I put a NOS bottle warmer on that (i like that the NOS one turns on/off acording to pressure and the zex doesnt) and could I put a NOS purge switch/valve on a zex kit (zex doesnt seem to have purge switchs/valves). Also you said that Zex is all wet kits....I thought they were all dry kits. Thank you.

-Nathan
            Yes thats no problem, actually though it turns it self on and off by temp. But it will work fine!
            WAGS

Comment

you said that the zex one turns itself on and off by temp? having it turn on and off by pressure it better right? And what about the zex kits.....they are dry kits right?

Comment

all the thermostat controlled bottle heaters are deactivated when they reach a certain temperature, that's just to ensure that the heater doesnt turn on when it's really hot in the car or when the heater is already heated up sufficiently.

afaik, yes, all ZEX kits are dry. I'd go back and edit my original post in this thread, but then I'd have to shorten it since there's a 5000 character limit on posts now.
                1993 Ford Probe GT - KLDE + N2O
                228 whp 241 wtq - 2340 lb race weight
                ATX - 13.44@105.1 MTX - 13.35@106.1

Comment

mike did u get my PM? whats the deal?
                  -14 sec. all motor 94 GT, sold (still miss it)

- Black 97 mustang GT, 5spd, flowmaster 2 chamber catback, MAC offroad H pipe, Kirban shifter, MAC cai, pulleys, SPEC clutch & some other tranny work
                  NEXT: P&P 99+ heads, 3.90 gears, subframe connectors, NOVI 1000 charger

Comment

Also I want to know something else to.....like I stated before I want a Zex kit (the new ones) and also I have the v6 engine (mx6). I want to try to get one from ebay (lack of money) so how could I tell which one to get when buying on ebay? The zex site doesnt say a product number or anything....thanks. Or are all nitrous kits universal?

Comment

Originally posted by n1465
                      Also I want to know something else to.....like I stated before I want a Zex kit (the new ones) and also I have the v6 engine (mx6). I want to try to get one from ebay (lack of money) so how could I tell which one to get when buying on ebay? The zex site doesnt say a product number or anything....thanks. Or are all nitrous kits universal?
                      Zex kits use the TPS voltage the car puts out at wide open throttle to trigger the nitrous electronically. Each car has a different voltage amount. The old Zex systems were made specifically for each car and had pre-set/non-adjustable TPS votage settings. This is why many probe owners had early difficulties getting the ZEX system to work. They had to just use a microswitch like the NOS kits and it took away some of the simplicity of the ZEX system install.

The new ZEX kits are universal. The TPS voltage setting is adjustable and there is a step-by-step that allows the box to learn the amount of voltage given off for each car. This allows the ability to use one adjustable kit for all cars.

Make sure you get the newer ZEX box. There should be (if I remember right) 2 led lights on the newer adjustable boxes and only 1 l.e.d. on the old ones.
                      2015 Audi Q3 - Stock |
                      2017 Audi TTS - 034, Magnaflow |

Comment

So...am I to understand this right? If you installed a 45 shot nitrous kit...wet or dry.....you don't need to bulk up the engine at all? or get a better fuel pump? I mean...nothing needs to be done? lets just say from a stock engine, what needs to be done? Thanx for any replies...and, incredible post!!! I searched and searched, and then just went to the N2O forum and there was the shining answer to my questions right at the top! Thanx HowLeTT

Comment

Originally posted by racer_b
                          wow, you just brought me into n20 puberty, thnx for the info.
                          I think i just hit early childhood Thanks for the post! It actually got me interested in n20..

couple questions tho, how many times can you squeeze before the bottle is empty? Is it a one shot one bottle type thing?

Where can you get bottles filled?
                          How much dose it cost for a fill?

I live in a pretty remote location, and i dont really wana drive 2 hours every time i push a button.

If there is no place nearby to fill a bottle, would it be legaly possible to get a large tank and refill the nos bottle myself?
                          '95 Probe SE ATX->MTX

Comment

Originally posted by Serric
                            I think i just hit early childhood Thanks for the post! It actually got me interested in n20..

couple questions tho, how many times can you squeeze before the bottle is empty? Is it a one shot one bottle type thing?

Where can you get bottles filled?
                            How much dose it cost for a fill?

I live in a pretty remote location, and i dont really wana drive 2 hours every time i push a button.

If there is no place nearby to fill a bottle, would it be legaly possible to get a large tank and refill the nos bottle myself?
                            it depends on the size of the shot. in general though, you should be able to get off at least a dozen quarter mile passes with good pressure. when it starts getting low on pressure a bottle heater helps squeeze out another pass or two out of it. it's not a one shot per bottle thing, unless you get a really really small tank (sneaky pete systems). The most common tank size is a 10 lb bottle, that's what most of us use. you can bring it to any speed shop that refills bottles... you can get the list of them online from www.nosnitrous.com (holley's website) and there's a list of authorized NOS refill stations available on that site somewhere, you'll find it. it's generally about $4/lb to refill the bottle. That's like once a month or so with average street use for most people, so $40/month for refills. It varies, and it also adds up quickly, but you'll love the feeling of a full bottle. I'm typing a lot right now. As for filling it yourself... not worth it unless you want to start selling it too.

Comment

Thanks for the info =)

One more question -
                              How safe is it to have in your vehicle if in an accedent? Can the bottle explode? If there is a spark or a lit ciggarette or something will it ignite?

Just trying to get some more info before i start seriously pursueing the possiblity of buying a bottle.
                              '95 Probe SE ATX->MTX

Comment

I can think of safer things to have in a car in case of an accident, but it's nothing to really be that worried about. Nitrous itself is actually non-flammable. It's an oxidizer. It even says right on the bottle, 'non-flammable'. Dont worry about it igniting. If the bottle does ever become over-pressurized it will release the contents either right into the cabin or out through a blow-down tube if you have one installed. MX6 jon's bottle almost got owned when his car got rear-ended . Just be careful with where you mount it. It'd take a pretty serious accident to hit a bottle hard enough to crack it or anything like that. Spare tires actually have a function in the rear of the car in reducing the crumpling effect in a rear-end collision. Keep all this in mind when you go to mount your bottle.

Heh. That's like... wayyy more thought into nitrous/safety related things than I ever actually considered with my own car.

Comment

Working...
                                X