Millennia-S Forged 4340 connecting rods for 2nd Gen. Probe GT's & Mazda MX-6's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SuriousCutt
    Also would these handle 100shot N20 wet?
    Lol...Stock KL rods will handle a 100 shot...and even more. And that is proven by me...for years..haha. I'm the nitrous Junky.

I'm very interested...thinking about building an engine.
    Last edited by Slammed6; November 7, 2006, 07:29 PM.

Comment

PM sent...
      "Its not over til FATS says its over"

Now playing with a Toyota 22ret 4X4 Pickup
      super 60-1 @ 25psi

Comment

if you still have any left in 2 weeks then i will take a set
        Current: Green Envy Fiesta ST e85 Tuned
        Project: Olive Green SAAB 9-3 HOT 19T Biopower
        Sold: BCM MS6, MSP,
        Sold:3L Full Oval Port Swapped 99 Cougar
        Hookers and Blow, LET'S GO.

Comment

so what happens if one of these fails or is flawed, i know very unlikly but...i take it there is no warrenty on these at all either. im planning on rebuilding the ze and boosting it hard, would like to get a little over 400 to the ground.

Comment

are these a direct drop in for the KL or do we need to modify the block to make them fit. I recall an issue with making them fit in the previous thread that discussed these rods.
            PhotoPOC(tm)
            MM9 MMX FF FF2 FF3 FF4 FF5
            93' PGT not stock
            91' PLX MTX stock

95' Jaguar XJR 155mph La-z-boy recliner

Comment

I didnt see it on there... are they regular millenium pins or floating wrist pins?

Comment

OMG this came at a bad time!! i have the money but ive been saving up for something else i woulda been in on this BB
                1998 integra < stock and staying stock! not into modding anymore just trying to get life straightened out!

Comment

Originally posted by dali
                  so what happens if one of these fails or is flawed, i know very unlikly but...i take it there is no warrenty on these at all either. im planning on rebuilding the ze and boosting it hard, would like to get a little over 400 to the ground.
                  This was covered a little in the long post that was going for the past several months before the BB if you happened to catch it. Due to these rods being a custom size they didn't offer any warranty. However I can say that when we were coming up with the blue print we exactly copied the main beam dimensions (cross section) of a H-Beam Ford 302 connecting rod that the company was mass producing. This was mainly done to insure they were strong as well as keeping the design simple for the shop to tool up. I also measured and hardness tested a few rods from the orignal batch they made last year and never found one out of print spec.

Originally posted by j-dogg
                  are these a direct drop in for the KL or do we need to modify the block to make them fit. I recall an issue with making them fit in the previous thread that discussed these rods.
                  I tested them in two blocks, one was given to me so I'm not sure what year it is, and the other was from a 94. The 94 seems to have a little more clearance while one or two cylinder skirts on the other block could use a touch up with a half round file or die grinder to make extra clearance for the beefier rod bolts. I do question what this block came from though; although its a 2.5L Mazda block it has some spots that look a little different than the one that I know came from a 94 Probe.

Originally posted by mesoungodlyfast
                  I didnt see it on there... are they regular millenium pins or floating wrist pins?
                  These rods are bushed for floating Millennia wrist pins. The stock Millennia pins are actually floating, unlike the Probe/MX6 wrist pins. The bushings are also left a few thousands undersized so they can be hand fit and allow for wrist pin variances.

Thanks for the questions, keep'em coming!
                  1994 PGT MS2 LC-1 370cc 190lph KLZE intake ported heads Turbonetics T4 2.5" Magnaflow STS MX3 flywheel ceramic clutch, 355fwhp ** sold
                  1980 Fairmont 4-door, S472, Megasquirt, 351C, 678rwhp.
                  2003 Mach 1, FR500 engine, 372rwhp w/out spray.
                  2003 Escape, slow.

Comment

I missed out the first time these came around, I'm in for sure this time. pm me your paypal. I will be paying with paypal of course and it won't be a echeck.
                    03 frontier family car/dd
                    93 mx6 tessa's car: ze and just about every bolt on.
                    01 ws6 : 618/695 wrecked tell your kids to use a effing cross walk!!
                    02 35th SS.. heads and cam

Comment

You said you hardness tested these rods?? Im assuming it was either a brinel or Rockwell hardness tester? Do you recall the hardness??? Not that its a big deal because to most ppl on here the number wont mean squat, but i am intrested to see what they came out to!

Ryan

Comment

Mark me down as in - after myrtle lol.
                        [x] Turbo (T3/s-60@10 psi) [x] Big Brakes [x] Jspec headlights [x] HID [x] K-Sport Coilovers [x] phantom grip LSD
                        [x] liquid/air intercooling [x] erebuni vented hood [x] type 44 kit [x] rare oem lip decklid spoiler [x] extras & misc
                        [ ] done....

My complete mods list

Comment

Originally posted by janz99
                          You said you hardness tested these rods?? Im assuming it was either a brinel or Rockwell hardness tester? Do you recall the hardness??? Not that its a big deal because to most ppl on here the number wont mean squat, but i am intrested to see what they came out to!

Ryan
                          hopefully it's rockwell, cause I can test that at work. I'm hoping there atleast 30-35c. being that there 4340 they should be atleast that, cause 4140 you can get pre-hard and it's already 35c so.... I was thinking about it today and would it be to much for you to give me a copy of the specs so I can have to check them myself. I'm not doubting you at all, but being that this is the first step in a major build I want to make sure I have everything in writing. what there should weigh,distance between wrisp pin C-Line and crank journal C-Line. I plan on having all that info for the pistions I choose, the wrist pins,rings,valve train ect.

thanks
                          03 frontier family car/dd
                          93 mx6 tessa's car: ze and just about every bolt on.
                          01 ws6 : 618/695 wrecked tell your kids to use a effing cross walk!!
                          02 35th SS.. heads and cam

Comment

If i had to guess, i would say they are in the higher end of the 40c. If avalible id also like to have any specs you have on the rods as well, expecially the torque spec they gave out for the rod bolts. The last time i did a build with the czt kit, it was a nightmare trying to get a torque spec for them, with the new arp bolts.

Ryan
                            Last edited by janz99; November 9, 2006, 05:50 PM.

Comment

Mark me down on one of these sets. Payment has been sent!

Thanks

Comment

Just made it through the PM's I received today, now to the posts.

Unfortunately all of the information I had from testing was in the older thread, I'll bring one to work tomorrow and see what I get. As far as overall dimensions I was able to get the following information from corporate Mazda after much much much effort. I will also spot check some of the dimensions at work tomorrow.

Crankshaft Bearing Bore Diameter 2.2047-2.2053in
                                Wrist Pin End Diameter 0.8255-0.8258in
                                Length (Center to Center) 5.426-5.429 in
                                Out of Round Limit 0.002in
                                Taper Limit 0.002in
                                Width of Crankshaft End 0.8360-0.8340in

Hardness is in the 36C range, I am not sure of the tolerance off the top of my head.

Rod bolt torque was suggested at 55-60lbs since they are ARP bolts (non torque-to-yield like the stock bolts.) The torque sounds extremely high compared to the 17.5lbs+90&#176;+7&#176;+90&#176;+7&#176; of the stock rods, but keep in mind these are 8740 material and 7/16" diameter... very stout.

* Edit, please read above and below.

Some of the H-Beam rod dimensions are intentionally skewed one direction or the other to allow for hand fitting wrist pins, allowing for engine wear (assuming no one will be installing these on a brand new crankshaft) etcetera.
                                Last edited by rurockn; November 9, 2006, 07:08 PM.
                                1994 PGT MS2 LC-1 370cc 190lph KLZE intake ported heads Turbonetics T4 2.5" Magnaflow STS MX3 flywheel ceramic clutch, 355fwhp ** sold
                                1980 Fairmont 4-door, S472, Megasquirt, 351C, 678rwhp.
                                2003 Mach 1, FR500 engine, 372rwhp w/out spray.
                                2003 Escape, slow.

Comment

Working...
                                X