This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by probepimp
    how do you know exactly when it's about to shift? and do you only turn it off through the 1st shift, then spray through the rest?
    you'll get used to your car shift points at WOT if you just do a few runs at the track or do some WOT runs on the street through the gears. in first mine shifts at about 6800-6900, 6600-6700 in 2nd, and 6600 or so from 3rd into overdrive. Just fip it off at around 6500 rpm's and you'll be good. The timing is more important in the lower gears because the rpm's shoot by much quicker there obviously.

Yes I usually spray through the 2-3... and if you're still spraying through the 3-4 shift then you're going 110+ mph so dont worry about it
    1993 Ford Probe GT - KLDE + N2O
    228 whp 241 wtq - 2340 lb race weight
    ATX - 13.44@105.1 MTX - 13.35@106.1

Comment

im also new at this, quick question. To actually spray are you just useing the mircoswitch to start spraying or are you using a push button and holding it? Sorry if it sounds liek a dumb question..

Comment

the microswitch is on the back of the throttle body, that just ensures that the car won't engage the nitrous at any point below 100% throttle. I arm it by actually flipping a toggle switch, although you can use pretty much any type of switch/button/etc that you want.

Comment

<------- getting n2o soon...very soon
          hey howlett...any ideas on my VRIS prob??

Comment

his VRIS #1 selenoid is dead..

i'd try testing it with a multimeter first, then if you're sure its gone try to get a replacement out of a junkyard if you can. otherwise look in the for sale/wanted forum for someone parting out a wrecked probe, that's an easy way to get one. Or you could just pull the #1 VRIS plate out and forget about it

Comment

so mike, as soon as you hit the toggle switch is sprays? and that's it?
              '93 Electric Red PGT SOLD
              Sponsored By: Dunlop Tires, Acci-Dent, Extreme Parts, Street Graphix, S3 Magazine, Great Lakes Dragaway
              2006 Infiniti G35 Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by probepimp
                so mike, as soon as you hit the toggle switch is sprays? and that's it?
                if the toggle switch is armed, AND the microswitch is pushed (only goes on at Wide Open Throttle) the N2O is sprayin.
                www.probe-gt.com
                Minnesota Probe Owners Club
                15.443@90.44

Comment

the microswitch works automatically at WOT?

sorry for all the questions. i'm just trying to gain as much knowledge as possible before i get it.
                  '93 Electric Red PGT SOLD
                  Sponsored By: Dunlop Tires, Acci-Dent, Extreme Parts, Street Graphix, S3 Magazine, Great Lakes Dragaway
                  2006 Infiniti G35 Sedan

Comment

yes. what it does is it only physically completes the electrical circuit to give the selenoid power when the throttle is all the way open.

Comment

wow 50% of the info i now know about nitrous came from here

Comment

hey howlett,
                        me and a friend of mine are building his ZE. we are putting forged pistons, rods, and pins. we are also getting shot pinged and coldfired crank, cold fire tranny internals, major head work, ported and knife edged intake, 65 mm TB, 550 cc injectors, walbro 255, malory FPR... i think thats all, i could be missing somehing. but anyways, we want o oput a 150 wet shot on it do you think the motor will handle it?

Comment

wow, that's some serious fuel delivery there.

As long as the forged internals can handle it, the primary concern is going to be the transaxle and traction from that point on. Are you planning on running lower compression than the standard 10:1 of the ZE? You should seriously consider an aftermarket ignition system at that point as well. Where are you getting these internals from? Sounds like a nice project you've got going there, give us some more details. I'm more than happy to offer advice where I can help.

Comment

Try spraying the amount of juice in a probe that i put throught the MENTALSTANG RUUUTTTT OHHHHH piston melt down nitrous rookies

Comment

try cutting the displacement of your cylinders down in half and spraying that shot

Comment

Originally posted by HowLeTT
                                try cutting the displacement of your cylinders down in half and spraying that shot
                                NEVER ENOUGH NOS SPRAY IT TILL IT BLOWS

Comment

Working...
                                X