regular MAF to '93 3-wire MAF conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• regular MAF to '93 3-wire MAF conversion

Does anyone have any info on this? I picked up one of these 3-wire (the round type with VASTLY SUPERIOR air flow) as opposed to restrictive ones basically everyone else has at the junkyard yesterday. Would such a swap even result in a power gain if done correctly? A wiring diagram of a '93 with such a MAF would be very helpful. If you have no idea what I'm talking about I'll try to get some pics of both MAFs.
    my email address is NOT working!

I dunno I'd like to know as well though, I used to have a brand new in box 93 one but the round plug didn't fit my rectangle plug in my 97 so I was stuck.

2016 Subaru WRX Premium

04 Subaru Impreza WRX WRB sold to smurphsprobe

97 Probe 2.0L GONE

Comment

The MAF in my '93 has a rectangular plug.

-phreak
      Official: KYPO - LexPOC :: Honorary: TNPOC - NYPOC - NEPO / NPA! - OHIO PROBES
      Major Meets Attended: MM7 - TNPOC/KYPO 2K4 - HH2K5 - OCMD2K5 - MM8 - StM2006 - HH2K6
      Yeah, I'm still alive...

Comment

Originally posted by phreakintheroom
        The MAF in my '93 has a rectangular plug.

-phreak
        Some of the '93s have the regular MAF sensor all the rest of the years have. Very few have the circular one that I found in the junkyard. My question is whether the two are compatable with a lil bit of creative wiring.

Comment

no they are not. the round one is for a Mecs (mitisui) ecu system, the bolt on type is for a ford ecu system. the mitisu is only found in 2nd gens, in the 93 atx.
          MMX BEST ROLLIN WERCK
          1991 accord wagon..20's, ear bleeding system..storm trooper style /08 CRV black/tan sunroof...stock /1965 thunderbird landau/

Comment

Originally posted by soufkackicustom
            no they are not. the round one is for a Mecs (mitisui) ecu system, the bolt on type is for a ford ecu system. the mitisu is only found in 2nd gens, in the 93 atx.
            Poop. Ok well I thought it was worth a try. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by soufkackicustom
              ditto
              ~ PSE driver - James
              1996 Turbo'd 2.0 Zoom Zoom...
              1993 Mazda MX-6 LS

Comment

Working...
              X