93 Probe GT no start?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 93 Probe GT no start?

So I was driving home tonight and my car decided it wanted to go ice skating. After a graceful slide across 2 lanes of traffic and a magnificent parking job on the other side of the road, it wouldn't start back up. Fuel cutoff wasn't tripped (although the fuel cutoff light was on). It cranks, everything is fine. I didn't jolt anything, just slid across the road in a 180 degree rotation. Aside from being jarred myself, the car is perfectly fine. But it won't start and that's what is worrying me. Never had a no starting problem before. Any ideas?

Originally posted by cmichael818 View Post
    So I was driving home tonight and my car decided it wanted to go ice skating. After a graceful slide across 2 lanes of traffic and a magnificent parking job on the other side of the road, it wouldn't start back up. Fuel cutoff wasn't tripped (although the fuel cutoff light was on). It cranks, everything is fine. I didn't jolt anything, just slid across the road in a 180 degree rotation. Aside from being jarred myself, the car is perfectly fine. But it won't start and that's what is worrying me. Never had a no starting problem before. Any ideas?
    Remember the fuel cut off light also doubles as a alternator light too. Possible electrical issue. Test the alternator first suggestion.
    Originally Posted by jasons96pgtze View Post
    there tends to be a lot of genius people here on PT.. Thats why we own probes lol

Comment

You sure? Even though I had zero problems with it before? I don't see how spinning could cause a problem with the alternator. On a side note, it has thrown the alternator belt before and it ran just fine.

Comment

if it's turning over the battery isn't dead....the alternator is fine.

Did you go and push the fuel cut out button in the back of the hatch?
        '94 teal w/black int. some sort of sts, 65mm DE TB full KL31 ZE, CAI, Phenolyc spacers, mx3 flywheel, pacesetter headers, 2.5" exhaust, stainless brake lines, MS and LC-1. Charter member Club 15.2 - Mustang Dyno - 187/169 @the wheels
        '90 White GT "Pearl"....uh ohzzzz...I had turboz. Now with T3....now it's J-doggs
        '96 SE & '93 "Red-Eye" smashed and trashed. 97 GTS....crashed, not trashed yet

Comment

Even though it wasn't tripped, I did push it. No luck. Then I tried bypassing it (I have a spare on a parts car that I'm putting in it when it's fixed) and that didn't help either.

Comment

I have traced the problem to no spark. Fuel system is fine, I just don't have the other half to make explosions. Does that help at all? All sensors and wires are connected, free of corrosion, so no issues with any connections themselves.

Comment

Working...
            X