Advertise with ProbeTalk - click here to find out how!

ProbeTalk.com Forums

ProbeTalk.com Forums > Tech Section > 2nd Gen (93-97) I4 2.0L > 2nd Gen (93-97) I4 2.0L Archive

2nd Gen (93-97) I4 2.0L Archive Quality Archived Posts and FAQs

January 22nd, 2008, 02:31 PM   #26
4NIC8R
Slow Learner

: Jan 2008
: 25
:
If you plugs really are getting spark, it wouldn't be the distributor module.

Are you getting fuel?

Did you change anything prior to the problem?
i just bought the car in non running condition.. the guy who sold it to me had no idea what was wrong with it. I have fuel in the rail, but I haven't done a fuel pressure test, or an injector pulse width test. Just have found that all the injectors are getting voltage.

So since the SPOUT signal comes from the pcm, that would suggest that either the pcm is bad, or possibly the icm is bad. so the question becomes is there a way to test the icm?

January 30th, 2008, 08:09 PM   #27
cavic

: Jan 2005
: 69
: 118
You said that you have spark.

Is the rotor on right? The contact should be pointing in the same direction as the flat on the dist. shaft.

Are you even getting the engine to cough?

What do the plugs look like? Are they wet after you try and start?

February 17th, 2008, 08:29 PM   #28
fasfzr1
Donating User

: Indiana
: 12
i want to see

April 14th, 2008, 10:07 AM   #29
olbluechevy66

: Sep 2005
: kentucky
: 53
: 9
Does anyone have pics showing the way they mounted and tapped into the wiring when installing a chevy module?

April 19th, 2008, 12:11 PM   #30
olbluechevy66

: Sep 2005
: kentucky
: 53
: 9
neilh2o- where is the ground strap on a 93 2.0 atx i do not see it all there is under the module is the plate holding the coil in ???

April 20th, 2008, 06:09 PM   #31
4NIC8R
Slow Learner

: 25
:
You said that you have spark.

Is the rotor on right? The contact should be pointing in the same direction as the flat on the dist. shaft.

Are you even getting the engine to cough?

What do the plugs look like? Are they wet after you try and start?
The rotor is on correctly, the plugs have only been in for like 10 starting attempts, and already 3 of the 4 are black...

I took the valve cover off and the timing belt looks good, but i just can't find a diagram of how the timing marks are supposed to line up, this is my first car thats a twin cam..

The engine just cranks over and doesn't really make any sounds at all, it used to sputter and sounded like it was going to go, but now i've got nothing

« | »

ProbeTalk.com is not affiliated in any way with the Ford Motor Company, the Mazda Motor Corporation, or any subsidiaries of either company.
All views and opinions expressed on this message board are those of the author and not the owners of ProbeTalk.com.