a buddy of mine beat a turbo cavi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a buddy of mine beat a turbo cavi

so me and my buddy ryan (static2k4) were cruising on our way home. we both have 93 probe gt's 5-speed. ryans has a stage 3 clutch with a 9lb. flywheel andi wasnt the one who raced him so my mods dont matter. so anyway, were trying to get lined up at a light so we could see who's car was faster from a stop (he beat me from a roll by a car) and we got lined up but couldnt go because a security gaurd pulled out in front of us. so we were messing around back and fourth untill this cavi comes out of no where and passes me and haules after ryan. well when he passed me i thought i heard something that sounds like turbo spool but i shrugged it off. so he is next to ryan and im waiting for them to take off and when they do i was a little surprised because the cavi didnt fall back like i had expected him to. then we all get caught at a light, ryan and the cavi were lined up and i was right behind ryan. the light turns green and we all go, i know ryan is faster than me so i could go without worrying about him being in the way or anything. so we all take off and ryan out launched him and pulled about half a car. by the time he was in second he pulled about a 1-2 car lead and held it till they stopped. so we turn left at the next lights and this cavi pulls up next to me and goes "turbo?" and i was like me or him and him and his 2 buddies shouted "him" and i was like "no, its pretty much stock" and he calls complete bullshit so i told him to pull over, he agreed. i called ryan and we all met up at taco bell (mmm.... taco bell) and we all started talking, the kid couldnt believe our cars were pretty much stock and that he got beat by a probe when he paid almost 3 grand for his turbo kit. it was a pretty nice cavi, clean, and a total sleeper. no loud exhaust or anything. he was boosting about 5 psi. but i guess it still wasnt enough to beat a probe, lol. so we sat there for a few and talked about random shit and listened to his buddies rag on him about how slow his car was for losing to a stock probe. ryan offered to go again without his friends in a car to even out the weight advantage ryan had but he didnt want to. i thought it was pretty awesome that he beat a turbo cavi. considering all the trouble he has had getting his car up and running.

edit: it was a newer cavi like 2002-05 2-door with a 2.2 eco-tech and a 5-speed
    Last edited by Josh Ehlert; June 11, 2006, 10:01 PM.
    2001 Grand Prix GT - Top Swap Ported and polished heads, 1.9 rocker arms, ls6 springs and retainers, 180* thermostat, ZZP 1.0 pcm, intake/exhaust, Aeroforce scan gauge
    1993 Ford Probe GT -Maf Conversion, Nitrous, Pretty much every bolt on other than cams
    2010 Toyota Corolla S -Slower than Dales car

Where's Cameron? He's in the truck section trying to suck the ball off a trailer hitch.

Good kill. I bet it wasnt tuned right, even if he said he was, I doubt it. But still, nice kill.
    Dan- ASE certified-A1, A4, A5, A8
    Life, Liberty and the Pursuit...
    R.I.P. Joe Mohr 10/3/06, Tom Major 2/17/08
    I dont do cars anymore, I have a type 03 FFL...

Comment

good kill

Comment

Anytime a FORD beats a CHEVY I'm Happy Great KILL
        http://www.cardomain.com/id/pgt93blue

Comment

how many people where in the cavi?

1994 Ford Probe Gt
          Ze. Kitted. Lowered. Turbo'ed. MSv3. Czt Tranny. Lsd. Shiny
          2008 BMW 335I 2JZ German style looks stock but not
          1995 Nissan 300zx With a fan symbol instead of a oil symbol

Comment

It was the driver and two of his friends... I asked him if he wasnted to race again without his friends in the car, and he said it wouldn't be worth it.
            New Daily 2011 Volkswagen Jetta SE
            New Project 98 Civic ek hatch B18B Soon to be Psst
            93 PGT - R.I.P.
            93 MX-6 - Modded... Sold...
            93 MX-3T- Gone

Comment

wait wait wait this is in Racine???? Where is this cavi. Excellent kill. Was it a silver one with a-pillar guages and rims or? What's up Josh. Good to hear your friend got his tranny.....where did you get it from static2k4? Man I can't wait to get this ze blowed! 7.4psi hear I come!

Comment

Yup it was in racine, on the north side... Not silver, it was a burnt orange color, and it was a total sleeper, stock everything, exhaust was bigger, but REALLY quiet, had no idea it was turbo until he popped the hood. He said he put the everything on himself, bought a 3,000.00 kit, and none of the pipes lined up or fit, so he had to use different pipping, and make his own shit. But it was nice.
                93 PGT - R.I.P.
                93 MX-3T- Gone

Comment

How come i dont see any of you at wispoc meets?
                  1993 Probe GT Rio Red "Mach1" DE/ZE Hybrid SOLD
                  2006 WRX Limited SRR
                  2013 STi Limited PBP

Comment

never been invited....
                    I tend to not go where I am not invited.

:duh nobody wants to play with me:

Of course at least on this site I tend to be a prick. It's the PT way....which I learned about 1400 posts ago...

Anyways static2k4 where did you source the tranny you put in your gt? Just curious where and how much in case I end up having to get one. I can't recall where Josh said he had been looking. blah I gotta sleep. peace

Comment

a friend of mine had a red turbo cavi and he didnt drop times like i was expecting.....his best was a 14.someting (modified 2.2l not the ecotek) he roasted the rods and the trans in a pass at GLD and went out and did it right and bought a cobalt SS
                      01 IS300 - 05 Mazda3

Comment

Originally posted by Sebastian
                        never been invited....
                        I tend to not go where I am not invited.

:duh nobody wants to play with me:

Of course at least on this site I tend to be a prick. It's the PT way....which I learned about 1400 posts ago...

Anyways static2k4 where did you source the tranny you put in your gt? Just curious where and how much in case I end up having to get one. I can't recall where Josh said he had been looking. blah I gotta sleep. peace
                        Well I've never been to any because I just got my Probe up and running again, and I didn't see the point in going to a Probe meet without a probe. And as far as where I got the tranny, I got it from another wispocer. 200 bucks. Which is a really good deal, but I def got what I payed for. second isn't the greatest, and my car feels a great deal slower with this tranny compared to my other one. But my car is running again so I am happy.

I really wish I knew what my car ran at the strip, the closest I can come to guessing an et is based off races that I've been in. josh's old probe ran 15.0 and beat that, and his new probe runs 15.4 and I beat it, but I can't really say beyond that... I so wish I knew. Oh, and thank you everyone for your posts.
                        93 PGT - R.I.P.
                        93 MX-3T- Gone

Comment

I raced my co-workers 1997 Cavy Z24 5-Speed that is boosted and running 9-10Psi on the dohc 2.4L in my 89PGT. Mods I had were Cone filter, No cat, catback, Zombie ss Chip, mbc@ 15Psi. It was from 40Mph rolls and he pulled me by about 2-3 cars by 110Mph.

So I would assume that a SLIGHTLY modded 2G PGT would get rpaed by a turbo Cavy. Those 2.2 EcoTec's are nothing to sneeze at when modded or boosted. Maybe he needs a tune... BADLY. Nice run
                          Last edited by phatnucca; June 16, 2006, 03:27 AM.
                          1992 Taurus SHO MODS: SHOshop Y-Pipe, 2.5" Magnaflow Catback, K&N
                          2007 Subaru WRX TR MODS: SPT Intake, Invidia 4"-3" catless DP, Invidia 3" street exhaust, Open Source Tune, Big Top Mount
                          Best 1/4- 12.7@ 106mph on a 1.78 60'

Comment

I was only running 10 psi and raced a turbo cavi. I won by like 1 1/2 to 2 CL.

Comment

Originally posted by phatnucca
                              I raced my co-workers 1997 Cavy Z24 5-Speed that is boosted and running 9-10Psi on the dohc 2.4L in my 89PGT. Mods I had were Cone filter, No cat, catback, Zombie ss Chip, mbc@ 15Psi. It was from 40Mph rolls and he pulled me by about 2-3 cars by 110Mph.

So I would assume that a SLIGHTLY modded 2G PGT would get rpaed by a turbo Cavy. Those 2.2 EcoTec's are nothing to sneeze at when modded or boosted. Maybe he needs a tune... BADLY. Nice run
                              Im with you, those cars EASILY run high 15s n/a with a bolt on or two, so a boosted one unless running like 2PSI should beat either of these PGT's, but oh well, nice kill.
                              John Kessler - 'The Original Mayonnaise'
                              '95 Probe GT- Blurple-ish, SSR Integral A2s, D2 Coilovers, Renault Laguna Lip SOLD
                              '96 Probe GT-Bolt-Ons, MS1 v3.0, Custom Suspension, The original Tri-Flow Turbo Cams, etc..Sold, and missed

New? From Missouri/S. Illinois/Kansas area? Let me know!
                              '95 M3/2/5-S366 2J Swap in progress

Comment

Working...
                              X