• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• beat rsx type s, and prelude si

tonight at the street races which turned oput awsome,

www.pastreetracing.org
    i raced an rsx type s, only had 1000 mile on it,
    beat it of the line, and got 2 car lenths, then just held it there till 130,

the prelude was a 94, si
    and i didn teven luanch on it, i started off at 1000 rpm,lol,
    i knew it would be an easy kill,
    it had i/e/ and stupid stuff,

beat it off the line too,
    then pulled each gear, then till 100 where i let off i probally had a 4 cars,.

On Sunday September 23, 2001 6:31 AM, 91PGT wrote:
    beat it of the line, and got 2 car lenths, then just held it there till 130,
    130? Sounds more like a marathon than a drag race.

1994 PGT (15.15@92.3mph 60'-2.46) R.I.P.
    2006 Mustang GT Whipple Supercharged @ 11 psi - Stock engine, stock trans, stock clutch
    11.69 @ 122.6 mph

Comment

Are you sure the RSX was a Type S??? They should run 14s stock (like 14.8, as fast as the old Type R). If your 1/4 time is right, than you couldn't have beaten a Type S, unless the driver sucked ass, or it wasn't the Type S.

Comment

well, those cars require a break in period, which 1 grand miles wouldnt suffice. but that wouldnt have much effect, id say that since he just got it he isnt as good driving it yet. its the most logical answer. but still, a win is a win, good race!
        *stealth twin turbo*(viper eater)
        * Lancer Evolution "Natalia" mods: greddy turbo timer, HKS boost gauge, greddy a/f & egt, bushure intake, 3" turbo-back exhaust HKS titanium, upper ic pipe, HKS SSQV, greddy profect e-01, greddy e-manage, 780cc delphi injectors, blitz V-spec front mount ic, spec stage 3 clutch, fidanza flywheel, 255 warboro intank &255 inline fuel pumps, HKS 272 cams, ARP head studs, HKS steel head gasket, ported/polished head & turbo manifold, port-matched turbin housing, clipped stock turbo, 3 angle valve job, extrude/hone intake manifold. direct port nitrous, intercooler spray

Comment

rtturbo--shut up fool, you don't know what you're talking about! And, your car sucks ass and is so slow, twin 13g turbos, HAH, big whoop! You suck so bad you can't even beat a civic dx base! Wuss!:smile::smile:
          Oh, and if you're a gangsta, then I'm fuc@in 2PAC!!:smile::smile:

Comment

Ha playin of course...I'll see your ass over fall break at home, that's when Brooke and her friends and I are coming home--get that beast ready!!:smile::smile:
            We have to rag on Piss now that we have 18s and he doesn't...as the kid from Simpsons would say...HA HA!!:smile:

Comment

Alot of RSX owners haven't learned theit cars.... driving a car w/ too much or too little torque is tough
              1998 GTP
              14.923@92.73 UNCORRECTED @ 5,800ft.
              ~13.9 altitude corrected
              Mods: Intake, lt. exhaust work, and pulley

Comment

My friend owns a Type R and he raced an RSX Type S on the highway. He had him by at least
                two car lengths and was pulling before they shut down. Afterwards the driver of the Type-S said "ohhh nobody can beat me top end"
                Yeah that makes sence, what is a highway race then? Either way a highway race has less
                to do about shifting then it does at a launch. If you beat that RSX on the highway chances are you were simply faster. Your mods seem to be working good for you.

Comment

the rsx is a chics car, and i drove it numerous times,
                  its a type s,

my friend with the civic si w/supercharger drove it when the rsced, [good driver]

and what happend was he wwas actaully racing a z24 and i was behind them,

i passed the z24 then got in his lane passed the rsx then stayed ahead,

Comment

My friend has the RSX-S. It is all stock except for Mugen 16": rims, light as hell. Anyhow, he ran a 16 at the track. Backed by a 18.7! Both races were against another RSX-S which had an intake. The 16.5 was good enogh to beat the other driver the first time because his 1st gear popped out. My friend's 18.7 was slower than the other guys 17.8 because both of their first gears popped out. Hmmm...smells like a Honda error with their trans. Recall?

My friend's previous cars were a B18 civic hb and a ls/vtec integra. Both of these cars were good for mid 14's second 1/4 miles, so he is familiar with the engines and is a pretty good driver with them. I have the races on video too. :smile:
                    2015 Audi Q3 - Stock |
                    2017 Audi TTS - 034, Magnaflow |

Comment

Wow, so it's looking from some of your posts that the RSX-S is overrated? Does that come in auto, or just the 6 speed? I saw that MT or one of those mags ran a 14.8 w/ it, but maybe someone slipped a tank of NOS in w/out letting them know!:smile::smile: Anyway, good race and win! Personally, I think those RSX's are pretty dumb looking, they just look funky to me in person.

Comment

it would take you rougly a minute of WOT to reach 130...where are these street races? do they end....
                        98 LS1 Camaro M6
                        sold 93 PGT MTX
                        "Yes, you can whine about its plasticky cargo area finish, marginal visibility, cramped back seating space, obnoxious hump in the floor to clear the catalytic converter, and annoying 1-4 skip-shift programming. If it's Good Housekeeping-style practicality you want, please, go buy a minivan. That'll mean more SSs for those of us who just wanna go."
                        -Matt Stone, Motortrend

Comment

ok from my experience the rsx type s is slow. i test drove one with my friend and i was not impressed at all. i dont believe it would run in the 14's.

Comment

On Monday September 24, 2001 3:08 PM, c-man wrote:
                            My friend's 18.7 was slower than the other guys 17.8 because both of their first gears popped out. Hmmm...smells like a Honda error with their trans. Recall?
                            How high are they launching? If I try to lauch at an extremely high rpm in my car, and I don't have my hand on the shifter, it will pop out.
                            Member # 258
                            '93PGT - SOLD(twice) '92PGT - parted, '90 MX-6 GT - SOLD
                            '18 Ford Super Duty SuperCrew 4x4

Comment

It was not extremely high, 3000/3500rpm at the highest. I just saw the SCC showdown of the rsx-s vs. the wrx...and they said the fastest they could manage was a 15.6 at the same track (ca. raceway/fontana)! This is with 200hp and a 6-speed. Waaay overrated.

Those 14.9/.7's in the early mags must have gotten one of those hand built versions to help promote sales.
                              2015 Audi Q3 - Stock |
                              2017 Audi TTS - 034, Magnaflow |

Comment

Working...
                              X