problem with seat back positioner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problem with seat back positioner

I laid my seat back rest as far down as it would go waiting for my wife and when I tried to re-position it to drive, it wouldn't latch, just goes all the way forward. I suspect a pawl spring broke or likesuch. Is it possible to get to the ratchet to repair it? I have to push back against the spring to a plastic box to position it now. At least the box pushes through the backrest and gives better lumbar support. LOL

my passenger seat did that but going forward just keep messing with it mine finally caught sometimes it just gets stuck maybe spray some wd 40 in there
    95 PGT white dd klze / mtx fidanza,maf swapped obx headers 2 1/2" mandrel bent 14.3 sec 1/4mile time
    94 PGT blue toy de/ze/g4 hybrid/ mtx turbo 5- 10 psi maf swapped aem piggy back, fidanza mandrel bent exaust
    93 PGT red klde/mtx klg4 intake,wild orchid interior
    97&94&93 PGT gone
    DALE

Comment

seat positioner won't catch

tried WD-40 and that didn't work .

Comment

take off the trim see if its broke or just jammed up
        95 PGT white dd klze / mtx fidanza,maf swapped obx headers 2 1/2" mandrel bent 14.3 sec 1/4mile time
        94 PGT blue toy de/ze/g4 hybrid/ mtx turbo 5- 10 psi maf swapped aem piggy back, fidanza mandrel bent exaust
        93 PGT red klde/mtx klg4 intake,wild orchid interior
        97&94&93 PGT gone
        DALE

Comment

that happened to me too. drove for like 3 days with it loose behind me because it wanted to come forward. i slammed it super hard backwards like twice and boom it latched. i tryed taking the plate off and examining the wheel and stuff and nothing
          93 silver PGT-T----> Turbo parted. Car sold as of 5/4/12

2009 Mazdaspeed3 GT--> Metro grey metallic, SRI, short shift plate.

Comment

Working...
          X