Advertise with ProbeTalk - click here to find out how!

ProbeTalk.com Forums

ProbeTalk.com Forums > Tech Section > Racing/Suspension

Racing/Suspension Drag Racing, AutoX, Road Racing and Suspension.

May 22nd, 2001, 05:59 AM   #1
Pulse
Juiced Member

: May 2000
: Savannah, GA
: 867
Turns out this is what I ended up with. I thought they were monroes (I talked to them in the morning when I dropped the car off but they were pretty much closed when I picked the car up so I didn't get to talk to the guy who did the ordering).

I know the ride is great on the road and on the track but I haven't heard of Gabriel Struts before.

Any ideas?

May 22nd, 2001, 09:46 AM   #2
dmark101
Obfuscatory & Abstruse Nomenclature

: Jan 2000
: Location: Location:
: 34,511
they're a brand that has been around a long time.

they were a big deal in the 70s. a direct competitor with monroe. their shocks are pretty good. i used to have a set of gabriel airshocks in my mustang. you could fill them up with air to get the stiffness you wanted, plus the air lift the rear end a bit, if you liked a raked car.

now i'll just stick to my tokicos.

May 22nd, 2001, 12:36 PM   #3
Pulse
Juiced Member

: May 2000
: Savannah, GA
: 867
I'm going to move to Tokico's and Ground Controls eventually, but for now I needed something and these work well.

Much better then the set of blown struts I had. :smile:

May 23rd, 2001, 05:51 AM   #4
Alex

: Mar 2000
: Royal Oak, Mi
: 290
Actually Gabriel is now owned by the same company that owns KYB. They probably aren't exactly the same part though.

« | »

ProbeTalk.com is not affiliated in any way with the Ford Motor Company, the Mazda Motor Corporation, or any subsidiaries of either company.
All views and opinions expressed on this message board are those of the author and not the owners of ProbeTalk.com.