This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I beat my buddy's....

This forum is for actual kill stories only. Stories being retold about actual racing experiences at the track or on the street. I don't mind if you make a story up, as long as it's relatively believable and enjoyable. In fact, some of the best kill stories ever posted here have been 100% fictional.

This type of post is not allowed, and I ask that you not post this type of thing, because it will be closed if you do.

'My friend has this 92 accord DX that he thinks is so fast, and it's slow! It's an atx too. I have a 94 probe base model automatic but it has lots of stuff done to it like intake, exhaust, removed spare & jack. I'll smoke him so bad but he always makes fun of my car and says how he wants to race me! HAHA! I'll beat him.... right?'

Note the uncertainty at the ending. That type of post is far too common. In reality, they might as well have just posted the specs on the two cars and said- hey, which car do you think will win?.. instead of feigning an air of confidence the whole time and then finally asking what they really want to know. If you want to ask a question like that, you can either include it in an on-topic post in one of the tech or performance forums, or try your luck in the zoo known as the probe lounge. 0-60 and 1/4 mile times for most production cars are posted in the racing/suspension forum by Dan[Sac], so check the post out here if that's what you're interested in knowing.

I'm asking for your cooperation in making this forum enjoyable as well as a useful resource for people interested in hearing about how certain cars perform with various modifications. So if you're going to make something up, please let us know that somewhere along the line.

Flaming will not be tolerated under any circumstances. Don't even waste your time, because it's either going to get edited or deleted if you try.

PS- Posts like- I just smoked a Lamborghini in my 91 GL! ... just kidding! ... are Not funny.

Thanks everyone, happy posting
    1993 Ford Probe GT - KLDE + N2O
    228 whp 241 wtq - 2340 lb race weight
    ATX - 13.44@105.1 MTX - 13.35@106.1
Working...
X