Advertise with ProbeTalk - click here to find out how!

ProbeTalk.com Forums

ProbeTalk.com Forums > Vendor Support and Contact > Former Vendors > Mr. Speed

Mr. Speed Visit Mr. Speed for all of your boost needs!

October 7th, 2004, 04:44 PM   #26
Adlorin
Kompressed

: Aug 2001
: ZoomzooM
: 2,109
*nod* Begi (Bell Engineering group) has made several aftermarket kits, and they are CARB approved. I know it is possible but how much hassle and $ it will cost will be another story.

~Patrick

:
Even with a clutch to disengage the blower, the kit will not pass california required visual inspections. ANY modification to air or fuel must be CARB approved. This is despite whether it passes an actual emission measurement, which I have no doubt this would. Now if you bypassed the blower and ran a CARB approved wai (hks or K&N fipk) for your scheduled smog check, you should pass even the visual. But neither Carb-legal wai kit llooks like it will fit w/out removing the blower.

And new laws to tackle CA street racing has prompted all hoods to be popped if you are pulled over and cited for non-Carb'd items. Otherwise, I would have had this kit already.

update your email address y0

October 7th, 2004, 04:45 PM   #27
starr_719

: Jul 2001
: Sherman Oaks, CA
: 2,592
Chuck, as long as the components have CARB stickers or labels I can get mine passed and certified 'smog legal'. :wink:

it's all about who you know and how much they want...
Dual X-pipe conversion to Z06 HiFlow
Diablo Sport ECU/TCM Tuned

October 7th, 2004, 05:58 PM   #28
mazdapowered93

: Dec 2003
: Rouyn-Noranda PQ
: 372
I send you a email.

thank

October 8th, 2004, 12:49 PM   #29
Anakiris
Search Impaired

: Jan 2004
: Lake Orion
: 36
: 52
Thumbs up

Free bump for an amazing setup at a ridiculously cheap price . I had the fun and luck of working with Patrick this summer while he was designing the supercharger setup and in addition, have rode in his vehicle while it was boosted.
When he says you can beat on the transfer shaft, believe it. Both he and I yanked on that sucker after it was bolted in (engine running mind you with the belts attached) and the only thing that served to do was rock the car. The belt didn't shift a bit.
I also got to see the prototyping and some of the thought and work that went behind the design of the kit. This is as rock solid setup a setup as you are going to find anywhere people for an incredibly low price (especially compared to the likes of... other.. alternatives).
In addition, anyone who has ever met Patrick would agree with me when I say that if he backs this product with a warranty, that warranty is as good as gold (or another set of bearings if by some act of the devil you happen to bust one). It makes me wish I didn't have to sell my 96PGT . Ah well, I take comfort in knowing that the current owner of my former obsession is actually in the process of having one of these kits installed (Living vicariously through other probe owners, I am sure others can tell you about that ). Ok, end of sales pitch for a great product, back to trying to figure out who owns the black right hand side drive PGT that parks by my window in London.

October 9th, 2004, 06:01 AM   #30
malcom2073
Juiced Member

: Sep 2004
: 35
: 822
Man, I wish I'd have the money before this is out. Oh well, 2 grand is still a nice price to pay for this. I hope it gets CARB ceritfied.

October 10th, 2004, 06:27 AM   #31
superballs63
PT's Resident Asshole

: Oct 2001
: Somewhere Between NEPO and NPA!
: 37
: 6,770
Hmm, I may just have to switch from my turbo plans to this one. Its easier on the wallet After the bulk buy is over how much should we expect it to cost..or is this prettymuch a steady price? Also how easy/difficult is installation, cause I am not the most mechanically inclined person.

Thank You,
Dan

October 10th, 2004, 08:49 AM   #32
JHew84
PT Demi God

: Sep 2001
: /x\ichigan
: 8,522
this is a great kit, and if i ever get myself another PGT you can be samn sure i'll be picking one up patrick... i'm really glad to see this finished, and see the enthusiasm members are having about it, good luck with it all , i still need to stop by and check out the finished product first hand ...

-

1993 Mazda RX7, 35R swapped R1

October 10th, 2004, 09:07 AM   #33
Adlorin
Kompressed

Over all install, from a stock engine is less than 3 hours. This is taking your time and ejoying a cold beverage while doing this. One thing that makes this easier and nicer than a turbo setup, is that there is no need to tap the oil pan! The roots type blowers are all internally lubricated, which I really dig. :-)

The price will go up to $2,000 next month - better get in while you can for the cheap. Even at $2,000 - that's quite inexpensive compaired other forms of forced induction.

~Patrick

:
Hmm, I may just have to switch from my turbo plans to this one. Its easier on the wallet After the bulk buy is over how much should we expect it to cost..or is this prettymuch a steady price? Also how easy/difficult is installation, cause I am not the most mechanically inclined person.

Thank You,
Dan

October 10th, 2004, 09:10 AM   #34
Adlorin
Kompressed

Give me a call or aim, and you and Boomer can stop over this week and check it out.

~Patrick

:
this is a great kit, and if i ever get myself another PGT you can be samn sure i'll be picking one up patrick... i'm really glad to see this finished, and see the enthusiasm members are having about it, good luck with it all , i still need to stop by and check out the finished product first hand ...

October 10th, 2004, 07:52 PM   #35
volcomchester18

: Oct 2003
: CA
: 2,334
omg..i love this kit, im in for it for sure, im gonna buy it in about 3 months, but only concern is that i burn a little oil, my valve seals r kinda out, but its not that much, hopefully wont be bad. Oh yeah and about smog, i guess i would have to remove only the supercharger, cause from wat i heard it doesnt pass visual inspection, well i might be wrong, anyways, props to the kit its at a very good price. i heard a 107 trap speed on the website, wat 1/4 u think it would run? shoudl i buy the fuel pump and 2021 fmu right away or i can drive it for a while without it?...I LOVE THIS KIT

October 10th, 2004, 08:58 PM   #36
Adlorin
Kompressed

Cartech 2025 is the best FMU you can get, if you don't wish to do stand alone - get it. If you are considering stand alone, really look into MegaSquirt. Several members of Mipoc have it running quite well, and unlike SDS your car will idle correctly. Get the Walbro 255HP fuel pump too - http://mbxmotorsports.net. Mike's a good guy to deal with, and I've always recieved my items quickly. The fuel pump will have to be installed before you get the kit, the FMU you can do at the same time. If you try to drive the car with out these, you WILL lean out and bad things WILL happen.

I'm working on CARB and TuV - I have no idea when/if they will be passed but i'm working on it. From the looks of things, TuV approval may happen first, which is great for the Europeans, esp. those in Germany where it is most strict.

~Patrick

October 10th, 2004, 09:39 PM   #37
SUPERMX3

: Jul 2004
: Montgomery, WVa
: 1,364
that is most awsome, i think i will wait for your MX-3 kit

October 11th, 2004, 01:45 PM   #38
Adlorin
Kompressed

The mx3 will be beta tested very soon here. I have a friend with an mx3, KLZE. He took some messurements for me, it looks like this kit will indeed fit even with the stock radiator fans. We'll know very soon if this is for certain

October 11th, 2004, 02:03 PM   #39
volcomchester18

I was wondering where is the best place to buy the Cartech 2025? ebay?

October 11th, 2004, 02:50 PM   #40
Slammed6
Turbo Member

: Jul 2003
: Port Hueneme, California
: 1,721
one question

Will this fit the 2nd Gen MX-6?

October 11th, 2004, 05:37 PM   #41
SUPERMX3

:
The mx3 will be beta tested very soon here. I have a friend with an mx3, KLZE. He took some messurements for me, it looks like this kit will indeed fit even with the stock radiator fans. We'll know very soon if this is for certain

OOOOOOOOOO, ON A KLZE EVEN!

October 11th, 2004, 07:41 PM   #42
diablovt6o
Donating Member

: May 2003
: NPA!
: 5,094
:
one question

Will this fit the 2nd Gen MX-6?
Exactly what I was thinking

1993 Mazda

LS-T~
Stock

1991 Honda CRX SI ~ Not stock

2001 Subaru Impreza 2.5rs ~ The tank
2009 Honda Ruckus ~ 49cc's of fury!

October 11th, 2004, 11:30 PM   #43
deyan
PT Master

: Aug 2003
: Royal Oak, MI
: 34
: 5,476
:
Exactly what I was thinking
I dont see why not, its exactly the same under the hood

96 Probe GT (Sold)
93 KLZE Base Probe (Sold)

October 12th, 2004, 08:51 AM   #44
diablovt6o
Donating Member

: NPA!
: 5,094
:
I dont see why not, its exactly the same under the hood
Actually we have alot less space in the front

1993 Mazda

LS-T~
Stock

1991 Honda CRX SI ~ Not stock

2001 Subaru Impreza 2.5rs ~ The tank
2009 Honda Ruckus ~ 49cc's of fury!

October 12th, 2004, 11:07 AM   #45
MJShogun23
Supercharged Member

: Jul 2002
: Pennsylvania
: 33
: 1,353
pictures? for sure numbers yet (dyno/track)?

-Rich

October 12th, 2004, 11:56 AM   #46
volcomchester18

wat would the 1/4 mile be? any ideas?

October 12th, 2004, 02:08 PM   #47
Slammed6
Turbo Member

: Jul 2003
: Port Hueneme, California
: 1,721
the problem with the MX-6 would be the Front valve cover is closer to the fans...thats y i was asking that question, probes have about 3 inches more....something like that

October 12th, 2004, 02:26 PM   #48
SUPERMX3

the MX-3 is the same way and he said that everything should fit with not changing of the fan based on the measurments he has right now, i got about 2 7/8 inches from the lip where the valve cover meets the head to the rad fan

October 12th, 2004, 03:00 PM   #49
mac1
Probe has-been

: Jun 2001
: Phoenix
: 13,957
yah but then look at your car and look at my car. which is most likely to get pulled over. i'm definetly gonna consider this option.

:
Even with a clutch to disengage the blower, the kit will not pass california required visual inspections. ANY modification to air or fuel must be CARB approved. This is despite whether it passes an actual emission measurement, which I have no doubt this would. Now if you bypassed the blower and ran a CARB approved wai (hks or K&N fipk) for your scheduled smog check, you should pass even the visual. But neither Carb-legal wai kit llooks like it will fit w/out removing the blower.

And new laws to tackle CA street racing has prompted all hoods to be popped if you are pulled over and cited for non-Carb'd items. Otherwise, I would have had this kit already.
1993 Mercury tRacer :Vitara & mFactory: was my #1
1994 Mercury TrAcer Wagon : '02 SPI swap : the loaner
2001 Hyundai Accent 2.0L-T3 swaphas flat pots
2014 Factory Five 818s EJ255t :it's adorable
2000 Lotus esprit v8TT : under the knife 2018
2003 Pathfinder 200k miles : The daily
No I do not Uber any of these

October 12th, 2004, 04:03 PM   #50
rabove
this r serios

: Sonoma County
: 1,525
:
wat would the 1/4 mile be? any ideas?
With an estimated 107 trap...I'd say around 13.5 give or take depending on conditions and driver.

- Sold *sigh*
Former (

) BABlackPGTPOC member. Represent.

Nicole - 2005 Black SRT-4 -

« | »

ProbeTalk.com is not affiliated in any way with the Ford Motor Company, the Mazda Motor Corporation, or any subsidiaries of either company.
All views and opinions expressed on this message board are those of the author and not the owners of ProbeTalk.com.