Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Private Message (PM) access is locked for post counts below 15.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting and reading the posts and responding to the ones that you are educated on is the way that I started and then as I read more and more about the performance and random tech stuff, I was able to pick up more and more...also the fact that I had to fix a bunch of stuff right off the bat!

I like the new rules, it's a good filtering system!

Comment

Originally posted by hughes46
      The lounge is ok for some people to get their post count up, but most of it is useless dribble....
      agreed. in most forums, the general posting area is like that. it's no different on mx6.com, mustangworld, or any of the other places i've been to. there's a certain amount of goofiness that's allowed, but outright post whoring is generally discouraged.
      ProbeTalk is BACK! Once again, it's what you use the Internet for!

Let's get DANGEROUS!

Comment

I'M in the same boat! i need help with a MS but i can't send PM!
        Powered BYEXZODIA

Comment

akm...you could always START a thread in the engine electronics section to get your answers AFTER you do a thorough search of the information already posted. Your questions may have already been answered.
          '94 teal w/black int. some sort of sts, 65mm DE TB full KL31 ZE, CAI, Phenolyc spacers, mx3 flywheel, pacesetter headers, 2.5" exhaust, stainless brake lines, MS and LC-1. Charter member Club 15.2 - Mustang Dyno - 187/169 @the wheels
          '90 White GT "Pearl"....uh ohzzzz...I had turboz. Now with T3....now it's J-doggs
          '96 SE & '93 "Red-Eye" smashed and trashed. 97 GTS....crashed, not trashed yet

Comment

When did this chage? I joined in Feb 2007 and I was able to send PM back then?

Comment

When did this chage? I joined in Feb 2007 and I was able to send PM back then?

Comment

^Ditto

I think the measures were put into place to deter community leeches and one time registrations.
                WTB's are not allowed in signatures - Staff

Comment

What about donating members? Do they still need 15 post to pm and 25 to view sales?

Comment

Originally posted by 96GT4ever
                    What about donating members? Do they still need 15 post to pm and 25 to view sales?
                    this rules applies equally and without prejudice to everyone.

Let's get DANGEROUS!

Comment

I'm so sick of seeing people complain. I don't agree with some of the rules, but abide by them, your in someone else's house.

Andrew
                      1995 PSE 84k... many mods.. soon to be supercharged..
                      SPC Henry, US Army
                      Currently on my way to Iraq

Comment

i need to get to 25 posts to view cars for sale... so im posting everywere..

Comment

I'm just glad i wasn't in the middle of negotiating a sale via pm when the new rules were introduced. Maybe there was a warning thread somewhere saying it was going to happen in a certain number of days, but i missed it.

Comment

this happened because of the ever-growing number of people registering for the forums with the sole purpose of selling their things in the corner store. most of the time, these people do not want to be a part of the probe community and more than a few of them are here to scam members, which i really hate. these people also use the PM system, which is why the limit was placed there.

if anything, the new system was put in to encourage people to be more active and contribute to the board and the community. i'm glad that people use the resources here and take the time to register and search for what they need, but by the same token, if you do register why not get to know the people here and in your local club?

also, post whoring to increase your count will not be tolerated. violators will have the offending posts removed and they face the possible loss of their posting privileges.

Let's get DANGEROUS!

Comment

I have a lot of posts, but I don't think most people on here would conisder me a post whore.

some tips to productive posting.
                              the probe pic section.

if you like it, give a specific and a
                              if you don't like, give them a compliment sandwhich. and

lounge: only post in matters of interest, don't post whore it up.

POC sections: in most POC's moderate post whoring is tolerated, but don't make an ass of yourself.
                              POC sections are great places to find out when the next local meet is. be very active in your POC section

Tech sections: here posting is often unnecasary USE THE SEARCH.

Appearence section: give an opinion in a few threads, %80 of appearance section threads are just asking for opinions.

good luck and welcome to PT
                              2005 BMW r1200GS - fully dressed adv machine
                              2006 Suzuki SV650 - naked squid machine

Comment

Yeah, perfect timing too. I was contacting seller to buy a car and then I got screwed because of this. oh well

Comment

Working...
                                X