Hood won't pop up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hood won't pop up

96 SE. The cable releases the hood but you have to use a screwdriver to lift it up so you can grab it. Do I have a defective hood latch or is there supposed to be a spring somewhere to push it up a little?

Originally posted by griffer View Post
    96 SE. The cable releases the hood but you have to use a screwdriver to lift it up so you can grab it. Do I have a defective hood latch or is there supposed to be a spring somewhere to push it up a little?
    Is it possible that it is binding somewhere? Have you checked for clearance all around? If there is plenty of clearance and if you hear a distinct pop when you pull the lever -then I would say yes on the latch. There is a spring in it which does pop it up enough to grab it -assuming there is no binding anywhere.
    Success is a measure of determination!
    Bonneville Dreamer-(AKA Purple Pimp Mobile)
    $500 Gas-Electric-Gas Reconversion/Restoration
    Mini-me & 500k "Old Gal" RIP
    Restoration of a legend

Comment

I'll check.

Thanks for the reply. It doesn't seem to bind anywhere as it lifts easily once you can grab it. Definitely no "pop" heard when you pull the release. Probably the spring. I'll either replace the springs or get a new latch.

Comment

Fixed!

Scraped the mechanism then brake cleanered it. Sprayed lube. Now she pops up like its supposed to.

Comment

Working...
        X