Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Final versions of first gen o2 housing should be done this week!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Regardless, nothing is equal to just having it in a car and seeing how it fits. It's the difference between holding a shirt up to your body and trying it on.

Comment

Indeed - I still cannot find anyone who wants to test fit this yet. Grr! What's up with people not wanting free stuff!! Seriously!
      '00 Contour SVT - Stock and Reliable
      '93 Probe GT - Currently Grounded.

update your email address y0

Comment

I'll do it of course I'm no were near you but....

giving the fact that I have built my own supercharger set-up for a 2nd gen v6 I think giving you an accuracte explaintion of whats going on and what needs to be done if anything will be easy. I can also make adjustments (if needed, I'm a tool and die maker, with a full welding shop at my use as well)

as you know when I had the supercharger on my car I think me and rick were the only ones that were doing it. some 2 or so years ago, he was the first that I know of. but he is my stepdad and we shared alot of ideas, hell I machined the final intake piece of the supercharger inlet. (actually I made my own and he liked mine better then his and took it) it's all good though, I guess he liked the idea of full radius corners that I used on mine.
        03 frontier family car/dd
        93 mx6 tessa's car: ze and just about every bolt on.
        01 ws6 : 618/695 wrecked tell your kids to use a effing cross walk!!
        02 35th SS.. heads and cam

Comment

Originally posted by harvey93gt

giving the fact that I have built my own supercharger set-up for a 2nd gen v6 I think giving you an accuracte explaintion of whats going on and what needs to be done if anything will be easy. I can also make adjustments (if needed, I'm a tool and die maker, with a full welding shop at my use as well)

as you know when I had the supercharger on my car I think me and rick were the only ones that were doing it. some 2 or so years ago, he was the first that I know of. but he is my stepdad and we shared alot of ideas, hell I machined the final intake piece of the supercharger inlet. (actually I made my own and he liked mine better then his and took it) it's all good though, I guess he liked the idea of full radius corners that I used on mine.
          Actually if i was visiting my dad who lives in Mesa, you would be close!

I don't think i've ever seen your SC setup come to think of it..
          ~patrick

Comment

not trying to bust your guys balls or anything but why does the pic look alot like an O2 housing for a 1g dsm

Comment

well it was pretty much same thing as ricks, only a little dufferent. he said "you should sc'er your car" I said ok. then he said "look thats were it goes" so as much as it was his set-up I did all my own work as far as maching and getting everything lined up.I knew I had to remove the a/c and make it fit in there, but thats about all the help he gave me. I sold you my old charger it was probally good for only a core but...

there were slight changes between mine and his, I tried all kinds of different things to get more belt contact,different things with piping sizes, and yes me and rick both J.B. welded steel tubing to our vaf to hold them together. this was all before megasquirt.

with him being so old we would talk about different ways of making it better and then I would use my car to test things. probally why I changed motors so often that year. when I would prove something to work better I would make an extra one for him. but he is the man that came up with the idea to even use that charger in that spot. I was just the young guy that he could trust to do the work and not tell anybody till we knew it was good.
              Last edited by harvey93gt; June 11, 2006, 01:42 PM.

Comment

I vote that Mr Harvey test fit this sucker if he has a first gen. and take pictures of course so we all can see.

Adlorin do you have any pictures of the mock up so we can see. I think it would be great to see what the item may look like.
                95 PGT HOLSET HX35 AND 10PSI daily driver
                91 MX6GT built FE3N HX40 25PSI
                05 Subaru legacy GT family car

Comment

I have a 100% stock car, I do have mods waiting to go on. but I would want to try it on a stock car.

I have a highly modded ze 2nd gen but my first gen is stock complete with the broken 5th gear mod. ($500 dollar car)

Comment

I guess it doesnt matter if it has broken 1st-5th gears. As long as the motor is intact

Comment

well it was pretty much same thing as ricks, only a little dufferent. he said "you should sc'er your car" I said ok. then he said "look thats were it goes" so as much as it was his set-up I did all my own work as far as maching and getting everything lined up.I knew I had to remove the a/c and make it fit in there, but thats about all the help he gave me. I sold you my old charger it was probally good for only a core but...

there were slight changes between mine and his, I tried all kinds of different things to get more belt contact,different things with piping sizes, and yes me and rick both J.B. welded steel tubing to our vaf to hold them together. this was all before megasquirt.

with him being so old we would talk about different ways of making it better and then I would use my car to test things. probally why I changed motors so often that year. when I would prove something to work better I would make an extra one for him. but he is the man that came up with the idea to even use that charger in that spot. I was just the young guy that he could trust to do the work and not tell anybody till we knew it was good.
                      Ah okay, I had only seen one picture of his setup, with the discharge pipe going across the top of the engine bay. Interesting look but has limitations which prevent portability.

But yes, I still have your 'core' supercharger. It produces a whopping 4psi with a setup which creates 11psi on a good blower. muwaha! Perfect for fitments and stuff though.

~P

I have a 100% stock car, I do have mods waiting to go on. but I would want to try it on a stock car.

I have a highly modded ze 2nd gen but my first gen is stock complete with the broken 5th gear mod. ($500 dollar car)

Actually, I got spare gears from a 89PGT (5-speed of course) - if you need them let me know.

~P

Originally posted by ANDY_Z
                      not trying to bust your guys balls or anything but why does the pic look alot like an O2 housing for a 1g dsm
                      Good eye, that is indeed a DSM o2 housing - it even says that on the items description, fyi. It was just a generic image I had used to give people an idea of what it'll be like. Same concept, but mine will have an o2 bung and will properly fit an IHI turbo.

~Patrick
                      Last edited by Adlorin; June 11, 2006, 05:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

well yeah my last set-up it went to an intercooler so it didn't run up by the head.

I have a fifth gear assy. just have to put it in, I have a 6 month old daughter so I don;t have much free time.

thanks for the offer though, and if you want me to test fit one of those let me know. I'll even send you the money for shipping.

Comment

well yeah my last set-up it went to an intercooler so it didn't run up by the head.

I have a fifth gear assy. just have to put it in, I have a 6 month old daughter so I don;t have much free time.

thanks for the offer though, and if you want me to test fit one of those let me know. I'll even send you the money for shipping.
                          Heh, thanks man. I need someone here physically, if I have to modify i'm going to remove, weld and re-fit all in one shot and make sure everything is 100% right here/then/there. I can make final adjustments on cad, then produce them yesterday.

Atleast with the 5th gear you only have to remove the pan, dropping the transaxle completely isn't required.

~Patrick

Comment

Did you try posting in one of the forums for your location? I'm sure if you put it out there someone will be willing to get this thing test fitted.

Comment

Is there an estamated date for when this will be done. Seems like its in idle status right now.

Comment

It's been posted, someone is willing to test it out for me this week - finally!!

~Patrick

Comment

Working...
                                X