PRM's cold air intake Bulk Buy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Grand Tourismo View Post
    in reality it is a warm air intake its in fact sitting right next to the headers and right in front of the radiator fans which blow some nice hot air. unless its bellow the splash guard its not really sucking in cool air
    not true, if you take a look its angled off to the right under the battery and its not an open element filter so any air going through will be from under the car while having zero chance of getting hydrolocked because of the filter design which also has been featured at SEMA!

Originally posted by 1993-PGT View Post
    Just bought a CAI or I would go for it, maybe after i see some feed-back from people who bought your intake system I might purchase one... It looks tight though, good work..
    i have one an its a great intake, an ive had the ebay cai junk before. its quality and your supporting someone who actually cares about his customers and is always there for feedback and support. if we are lucky MAYBE Gerry might bring in some other products for our cars as well. also, youd be buying an intake off the guy who has the worlds fastest N/A pgt.......... nuff said!

http://www.putfile.com/pic/8409765
    http://www.putfile.com/pic/8409764
    Last edited by bdmpgt; July 18, 2008, 09:52 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

ambient air indeed

the filter draws air from about 4 to 5 inches above the splash gaurd
      under the battery towards the fender.the location is the best spot we have
      for cold ? ambient air.

yes i was talking about the pcv hose.
      the kit also comes with a vacuum nipple on the silicone bend for your vacuum line.
      some klze owners may not need this vacuum nipple, please inquire!!

gerry

Comment

What's the word on that bracket Gerry. I can't wait to look at it since I won't be able to use it yet haha.
        2001.5 Pearl White Audi S4 2.7T Quattro 6-Speed
        GIAC-X Stage I
        AWE Drivetrain Stabilizer / AWE Electronic Boost Gauge / AWE S-Flo Intake / AWE Side-Mount Intercoolers

Comment

Looks awsome I may get when I go ZE
          92 MX6 GT

1st Gens are like the lyrics of Crazy Bi$%H "You F#@% so good I'm on top of it!" Thats why we keep comming back for more!!

Comment

Let me know in thread when the klze bracketed ones are ready to ship and I will buy one.
            ¡Renewed Vigor!

Comment

Well everyone I talked to Gerry Sica today on the phone. Let me start off by saying he is a very cool guy to talk to. Anyway, he gave me an update on the Intake for the KLZE (J-Spec Jet Stream Intake).

Apparently the first guy he sent the Intake to, which I believe to be RoadRage, got his and it was pressing against his Battery, but was apparently fine with it. That was with a 90 Degree Bend. He then changed it to 100 Degrees and the second person said it was touching the battery, barely, but still touching. He said he had a few 100 Degree Kits made up but told me to wait because he had his Bender create a 110 Degree Kit and he tried it on some KLZE equipped Probe GT and was where he felt to be the sweet spot.

On to the bracket... He was having a problem locating where to place the bracket so he decided he is going to have the bracket bolt on to one of the bolts for the Starter, thus creating the braced point lower on the Intake. This way the top and bottom of the intake it pretty sturdy and is able to move with the motor and not fight against it.

I talked to him and he asked if I wanted to tell you guys about this because, while he can do a decent amount on the computer and a hell of a lot on his car's computer, he doesn't have a lot of time and isn't completely computer literate when it comes to creating pictures and using the internet. He wants to show our community more of his car so I think he said someone is coming up to take pictures so he can show us more.

Anyway, I hope this provided peace of mind to those getting a KLZE Intake. Also, he just worked up an MX3 Kit, for all you MX3ers.

Brett
              GIAC-X Stage I
              AWE Drivetrain Stabilizer / AWE Electronic Boost Gauge / AWE S-Flo Intake / AWE Side-Mount Intercoolers

Comment

Soons as he drops a line in thread. I'll buy two. Hell I should just call him tomorrow.
                ¡Renewed Vigor!

Comment

Originally posted by KaedenKy View Post
                  Soons as he drops a line in thread. I'll buy two. Hell I should just call him tomorrow.
                  You should probably just call him. I talked to him today and he thanked me for updating you guys so he probably won't be coming on to update anything for a while. Call him, he answered my phone first try both times.
                  GIAC-X Stage I

Comment

what if you just want the filter???? lol i was acutally thinkin about putting it on the end of my turbo....
                    Good judgement comes from experience.
                    Experience comes from bad judgement.

Comment

Will CAI made for the V6 fit properly on the 4banger?
                      Fact: Truth has so much game..... He once talked Lucky out of all his charms!

Comment

Originally posted by Truth View Post
                        Will CAI made for the V6 fit properly on the 4banger?
                        I'm going to say no because of the MAF.
                        GIAC-X Stage I

Comment

im in for a red one!!

Comment

for a curve neck

do you make a kit for the curve neck KLZE if so I might be interested in one "Indiana= Rain" lol
                            2000 F-150 33x12.50x17's Pro Comp Exteme At's, cold air intake, 4:10's, programmer
                            1994 PGT- just average stuff KLZE with colt turbo cams,some odds and ends for better oiling and cooling,fidanza flywheel, stage 5 dxd clutch,3 in. exhaust,awr mounts(88),turbo and MS with coil pack oh and a fuel pump somewhere in that tank time for some fun

Comment

Originally posted by PRM View Post
                              cars with klze motors or manifolds will have to remove the cruise control
                              unit. which is probably not working anyway.

Really? I'm going to refrain from a vent here, but offering products to a community then assuming that they are all pieces with shit that doesn't work kinda hit me in the wrong spot. For the record I have a ZE Turbo and I still have cruise, and AC. Anyway I'm sure you didn't mean anything by it, but there are people on here that take care of there car and still have things in good condition.

Back on topic.....Nice product, and good price.
                              "I come from a very big family, nine parents."

"Never let the truth stand in the way of a good story"

Comment

absolutely, didn't mean to offend, the few people i talked too
                                with klze motors, not one of them had the cruise control unit working,
                                it's the only way the kit will fit on that motor.
                                i know your turbo & have no use for my kit, but if there are any customers
                                that have a klze with criuse control, you could run a half kit, from the MAF down, that would be the silicone bend & filter, you would use your stock
                                elbow at the throttle body.

thanks for bring that up!!

gerry

Comment

Working...
                                X