X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civic Type R gets beat and coulda got someone killed

Cars

89' Ford Probe
    I was carrying two other guys, including neuspeed mafia and boosted sleeper. Both weighing in at about 320+lbs. I also had hockey gear. and 4 12 packs of Mountain Dew(I was thirsty)

My rival

A 98' Civic Type R(supposedly)
    he had a skinny as bitch w/him

I was going on 65 north towards Opry Mills to try out the Nascar Simulator. I was driving by exit 69 (seriously) and coming off of the on ramp was a black civic with Type R on the back of his ride. Now I was so stoked for a few seconds that I didn't know whether it really was or not. So I pulled next to him and looked over, didn't need to rev. He looked back instantly and gunned it. I did the same. From a 70 mph roll I instantly gained back on him. I was like "WTF?". Then I knew that it wasn't a Type R. The thing that really surprised me about this driver was that he had balls. When we were at about 100 mph, maybe 95 mph, he started passing peiople on the shoulder. boosted sleeper looked back and saw his Girlfriend grabbing the front dash. I slowed down because I thought he needed space to get over instead of almost killing someone. But no, he kept going shoulder racing. After his little picking up nails off of the side of the road race he strolled next to me again. He punched it one more time. This time I let him get in front of me so I can get on the right side. I passes him going 105 mph and waved goodbye and got off on my exit. Some people need to learn to drive.

Civic Type R, in Tenessee? My ass....I have never seen one in my life, except for all the trolls driving around in normal Civics or normal Si's trying to claim their car is an SiR.....I would say that unless you live close to Canada, fly to Japan, or meet someone who has illegally imported one, you're never going to see a real SiR

Comment

On Tuesday December 4, 2001 12:46 AM, StreetStyleProbe wrote:
      Cars

89' Ford Probe
      I was carrying two other guys, including neuspeed mafia and boosted sleeper. Both weighing in at about 320+lbs. I also had hockey gear. and 4 12 packs of Mountain Dew(I was thirsty)

My rival

A 98' Civic Type R(supposedly)
      he had a skinny as bitch w/him

I was going on 65 north towards Opry Mills to try out the Nascar Simulator. I was driving by exit 69 (seriously) and coming off of the on ramp was a black civic with Type R on the back of his ride. Now I was so stoked for a few seconds that I didn't know whether it really was or not. So I pulled next to him and looked over, didn't need to rev. He looked back instantly and gunned it. I did the same. From a 70 mph roll I instantly gained back on him. I was like "WTF?". Then I knew that it wasn't a Type R. The thing that really surprised me about this driver was that he had balls. When we were at about 100 mph, maybe 95 mph, he started passing peiople on the shoulder. boosted sleeper looked back and saw his Girlfriend grabbing the front dash. I slowed down because I thought he needed space to get over instead of almost killing someone. But no, he kept going shoulder racing. After his little picking up nails off of the side of the road race he strolled next to me again. He punched it one more time. This time I let him get in front of me so I can get on the right side. I passes him going 105 mph and waved goodbye and got off on my exit. Some people need to learn to drive.

Yeah it seems as though TN needs to toughen its driving test a little. There are so many people tha cant drive here in Kingsport.

Where is Franklin anyhow?

Comment

On Monday December 3, 2001 8:14 PM, Hans[93GT] wrote:
        Civic Type R, in Tenessee? My ass....I have never seen one in my life, except for all the trolls driving around in normal Civics or normal Si's trying to claim their car is an SiR.....I would say that unless you live close to Canada, fly to Japan, or meet someone who has illegally imported one, you're never going to see a real SiR
        an siR is a regular ol' civic si...

A civic Type R is just that a Civic type R it's not an si or the canadian version siR it's a Type R....

Comment

what are you talkin about, SiR's cost only 11.95 at autozone.
          http://64.226.64.239/images/%5BH%5Da...udeLewVTEC.jpg

93 Prelude Si
          i/e/h
          ZEX 50 shot
          Shogun body kit

Comment

On Monday December 3, 2001 7:34 PM, DJ_ISDAZED wrote:

A civic Type R is just that a Civic type R it's not an si or the canadian version siR it's a Type R....
            Sorry, I should have kept saying Type R throughout my post....anyone who claims they have a Civic Type R over here is bs

Comment

On Tuesday December 4, 2001 4:58 AM, Hans[93GT] wrote:
              On Monday December 3, 2001 7:34 PM, DJ_ISDAZED wrote:

Sorry, I should have kept saying Type R throughout my post....anyone who claims they have a Civic Type R over here is bs
              hey, it's cool

civic typ r's are only in hatchback form :shrug;(I think anyway) and I have only seen 1 of them ... There where not that many brought over and if you are the person who has one you are a guy who had notice before hand when they where coming over~ there kinda cool, I guess...l8ta

keith~

Comment

Some people need to use their balls and their brains, it is possible to use them both at the same time...
                SHIFT_RB26DETT

1992 Nissan 240sx coupe. RB26DET swap. Gutted. S13 conversion.

Don't ask how it runs or how fast it is, because I'm prolly about $7-10k away from knowing.

Comment

On Tuesday December 4, 2001 1:14 AM, Hans[93GT] wrote:
                  In Canada, the model sold here in the US as the "Si" is called the "SiR".

yakkosmurf
                  '86 MR2 (245k miles and going)
                  '04 IS300 (Wife's car)
                  '00 Integra Type R (Sold to buy house)

Comment

On Tuesday December 4, 2001 1:53 AM, whteprobe93 wrote:

Yeah it seems as though TN needs to toughen its driving test a little. There are so many people tha cant drive here in Kingsport.

Dude I totally agree with that. I have been here in Cookeville for 4 years and has had 3 accidents with none of them being my fault. I've been rearended twice sitting at a stoplight and this idiot pulled out in front of me and i hit him head on a totaled my maxima. The worst part is none of them had insurance. I can't believe you don't need to have insurance down here.

Oh and about the SIR I know a guy here that has a Prelude SIR. Yes it's real cause i've seen all his papers and it is from canada. Haven't had a chance to race him yet because he's doing something with a wide body kit. I 'm sure i'll beat him though.

Mods: T3/T4 Turbo, Intercooler, Duel Feed Millenia S's, Walbro 255. ZE Manifold, Ported Heads(Intake track), Port&Polished (TB),Phenolic Spacer(I/TB), Mallory FPR, Custom 2.5inch exhaust, Fidanza, Southbend 4 Puck, B&M short shifter, Brembo Rotors(Slotted/Dimpled),EBC Pads, and PT Swaybar.

Comment

Franklin is about 20 miles South of Nashville in Tennessee. I did mention though that when it did pull next to me I ran him and noticed instantly that it wasn't b/c a Type R stock verse a stock GL Probe, I would get smoked.

Comment

On Tuesday December 4, 2001 1:46 PM, Ltsrunem wrote:
                        On Tuesday December 4, 2001 1:53 AM, whteprobe93 wrote:

Dude I totally agree with that. I have been here in Cookeville for 4 years and has had 3 accidents with none of them being my fault. I've been rearended twice sitting at a stoplight and this idiot pulled out in front of me and i hit him head on a totaled my maxima. The worst part is none of them had insurance. I can't believe you don't need to have insurance down here.

Oh and about the SIR I know a guy here that has a Prelude SIR. Yes it's real cause i've seen all his papers and it is from canada. Haven't had a chance to race him yet because he's doing something with a wide body kit. I 'm sure i'll beat him though.

same thing yet agian, the prelude si in the us is the same as the canadian/jap siR prelde... SHrug you will kill him~

Comment

Where's Johnny?

Greg Martin
                          2009 BMW 328i
                          2017 BMW X3
                          1990 Probe LX

Comment

I'm here, I'm here!

Check this one out...

Why bother going to try out the Nascar simulator???
                            You're already driving a Probe for God's sake!!!
                            *cha ching boom*

Thank you, thank you... I'm here all week.
                            banned user

Comment

yet another valiant post by mr. stanford himself...

Comment

Working...
                              X