1995 Barn (Really Garage) Resto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1995 Barn (Really Garage) Resto

Dusting off the old car from years past (literally) to see if it's road worthy again. Pics for the voyeurs out there.

Day 1: Plugs look good, time to add some oil to the cylinders, and wait..
    Day 5: Motor is free !
    Day 6: Better check the brakes before we roll her out. Quick wipe down and it's off to the shop for fluids and spark

https://95pgt.shutterfly.com/pictures
    Borla Catback, Random Tech Cat

Nice! Signs that spring is here eh?
    Some people are living life and some people are just living.

Comment

Looks clean!!!!
      1994 Project PGT

M62 In Progress...

Comment

Thank you for the complement, Brizzy. Right yrob, Spring not far away (and there's room at the new garage to work!!)

Comment

How long has it been sitting there? It looks super clean, interior is mint, engine looks spotless. I guess the mileage on the dash is correct.

Comment

Spotless looking inside and out!

How long have you had it? How long was it sitting?
            1996 Probe GT - Bought April 2010, Boosted August 2014
            Fast FC04 18x9, Black Leather, King6, ADDCO, AWR, Yonaka, Quad J30s, AVC Pipes, Tial WG, Greddy BOV, Aeromotive AFPR, MS1v3
            1993 Probe GT - 110k, auto, parts car
            2011 Impreza Limited Hatchback - Daily, Lowered, WRX Wheels & Wing

Comment

Owned since '99. Driven regularly for a few years, then only occasionally. Put into storage back in '09 and been there ever since! Garage definitely saved the cosmetics (and the mileage is accurate) so hopefully the motor is still in great shape. Planning to get more done this w/e. Once the fluids are cleaned up I have brand new rotors (power slot & brembo) pads and lines that I never got to put on that'll finally see daylight

Comment

don't be surprised if you need to replace the brake slave cylinders now. i've had a couple of them get pitted by rust, then they start blowing fluid out.

agree, car looks very nice.

Comment

Originally posted by bob k. mando View Post
                  don't be surprised if you need to replace the brake slave cylinders now. i've had a couple of them get pitted by rust, then they start blowing fluid out.
                  Thank you very much. Brakes should be getting swapped Monday so I'll keep that in mind. What did new slave run you if you don't mind me asking?

Comment

Subscribed.
                    Ryan
                    '94 Mazda MX6 V-6
                    SMF Prep:
                    MFactory LSD [] TEIN [] 15x11's and 275 Hoosiers [] Hawk HP+ [] Sparco [] AWR [] HotShot [] Headers [] Magnaflow [] Side Exit []

Comment

What did new slave run you if you don't mind me asking?

*shrugs* been 10 years since i had the problem. even if i could remember, it wouldn't do you any good. assuming they're still stocked, they're not expensive.

it was a Fla car, so road salt was highly unlikely to be the issue.

Comment

Working...
                      X