Rear wiper loose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear wiper loose

This may be a bit of a simple question, but I don't have a Haynes manual (yet) and I don't want to break anything. The rear wiper arm on the '95 GT I just bought is loose - I can easily move the wiper by hand. There is a cover on the base of the wiper arm that I assume hides a nut or bolt, but I can't see how the cover is attached and simply pulling on it did nothing. Am I correct that there is something to tighten under there and how do I remove it? I expect that is all that is needed, I've had to tighten ALL the wiper bolts on my 1st gen Probes.
    '91 LX ATX: stock(ish), barn restoration R.I.P.
    '95 GT MTX: modded intake and exhaust, front strut bar, mirror-tinted rear windows, leather, sun roof. Way too much fun to drive! summer DD/play car
    '99 Subaru Outback Ltd MTX: Stuff hauler, winter DD
    '92 GL MTX SOLD.

there is a nut under the cover, the cover rotates up...the pivot point is the same as the wiper arm.
    '94 teal w/black int. some sort of sts, 65mm DE TB full KL31 ZE, CAI, Phenolyc spacers, mx3 flywheel, pacesetter headers, 2.5" exhaust, stainless brake lines, MS and LC-1. Charter member Club 15.2 - Mustang Dyno - 187/169 @the wheels
    '90 White GT "Pearl"....uh ohzzzz...I had turboz. Now with T3....now it's J-doggs
    '96 SE & '93 "Red-Eye" smashed and trashed. 97 GTS....crashed, not trashed yet

Comment

Yea its just a simple nut.I used a crescent wrench to get it off then just pushed down on the screw that the nut goes on and it fell through my trunk, then took out the rubber piece that seals the hole and took off the whole rear wiper and threw it away.
      93 FSDE 2.0 Probe

Comment

If u need a new rear wiper motor u can have mine, just pay shipping.I don't need it and am gonna fill the hole in on my trunk.
        93 FSDE 2.0 Probe

Comment

in a place where condensation and rain doesn't happen often, the rear wiper is not of a lot of use....but in a climate where when you wake up to back out of your driveway and your windows are covered in water, it's very helpful to be able to see where you're going.
          '94 teal w/black int. some sort of sts, 65mm DE TB full KL31 ZE, CAI, Phenolyc spacers, mx3 flywheel, pacesetter headers, 2.5" exhaust, stainless brake lines, MS and LC-1. Charter member Club 15.2 - Mustang Dyno - 187/169 @the wheels
          '90 White GT "Pearl"....uh ohzzzz...I had turboz. Now with T3....now it's J-doggs
          '96 SE & '93 "Red-Eye" smashed and trashed. 97 GTS....crashed, not trashed yet

Comment

Fixed now, thanks! (And thanks for the offer!) It was just a loose nut. The cover was stuck pretty good, took me a couple minutes careful work with a screwdriver. And the nut itself was quite rusty (surprised it was loose). Almost the only bit of rust on the entire car though!

I can see deleting the rear wiper in a place like Arizona, but here in Alaska it's definitely useful. Whether it's rain or that 1/4" of snow that I'm too lazy/in a hurry to brush off, I wished for a rear wiper many times on my '92 GL.
            '91 LX ATX: stock(ish), barn restoration R.I.P.
            '95 GT MTX: modded intake and exhaust, front strut bar, mirror-tinted rear windows, leather, sun roof. Way too much fun to drive! summer DD/play car
            '99 Subaru Outback Ltd MTX: Stuff hauler, winter DD
            '92 GL MTX SOLD.

Comment

Working...
            X