Advertise with ProbeTalk - click here to find out how!

ProbeTalk.com Forums

ProbeTalk.com Forums > General > Knowledge Base > Car Audio And Electronics > Car Audio and Electronics Archive

Car Audio and Electronics Archive Quality Archived Posts and FAQs

December 19th, 2002, 07:17 AM   #1
BarryG
Donating Member

: Mar 2000
: Tuscaloosa, Alabama
: 55
: 3,909
Okay, here goes. These are the three wires coming from the main amp to the sub amp ('94 shop manual):
GN/R Amplifier mute
GN/BK Subwoofer output (-)
GN Subwoofer output (+)

Barry
Registered Probetalk Member #392.
Co-founder of

. Formerly had '93 Rio Red GT, PRD STS-99, Bosch H4 lamps, Borla, Pilot 1055-c driving lamps. IT'S CRUNCHY!
'93 Teal PGT. '94 black PSE. '91 PLX, 300k+ miles.

December 21st, 2002, 08:42 AM   #2
BarryG
Donating Member

: Mar 2000
: Tuscaloosa, Alabama
: 55
: 3,909
I was thinking about this and decided to look it up.
  • The "Hot at all times" wires are BL/R from the interior fuse junction panel until a plug and socket just before the sub amp (It's one wire until a certain point and then two extra wires are spliced in). Then they become GN/W between the plug and sub amp.
  • The three ground wires are BK coming from the sub amp but at the same plug/socket they become BK/PK after which they merge (somewhere) into one wire.
  • We already know the three little wires previously discussed.
  • The remaining two wires GN/Y and GN/BL (later BL/W(-) and BL (+) respectively) are the speaker wires.
  • Therefore I'm guessing that the amplifier Mute wire is the on/off signal wire.
Since I've had the wiring loom from the kick panels all the way back completely untaped I can verify all those wires above. BTW, that was a huge mistake I'll never repeat. What a pain!
Cheers, Barry

***EDIT*** I've just added which is positive and negative coming from the sub amp. 07-30-04
Registered Probetalk Member #392.
Co-founder of

. Formerly had '93 Rio Red GT, PRD STS-99, Bosch H4 lamps, Borla, Pilot 1055-c driving lamps. IT'S CRUNCHY!
'93 Teal PGT. '94 black PSE. '91 PLX, 300k+ miles.

« | »

ProbeTalk.com is not affiliated in any way with the Ford Motor Company, the Mazda Motor Corporation, or any subsidiaries of either company.
All views and opinions expressed on this message board are those of the author and not the owners of ProbeTalk.com.