Advertise with ProbeTalk - click here to find out how!

ProbeTalk.com Forums

ProbeTalk.com Forums > General > Knowledge Base > Car Audio And Electronics > Car Audio and Electronics Archive

Car Audio and Electronics Archive Quality Archived Posts and FAQs

September 23rd, 2001, 10:00 AM   #1
ksprober
Search Impaired

: Sep 2001
: Topeka,Kansas
: 81
I can't find enuff information on removing the factory stereo from my 95 pgt..it's just the ford factory casset player..I can remove the center consoul and piece surounding the stereo and heater controls but need help on just removing the stereo..
thanks

September 23rd, 2001, 10:30 AM   #2
93MNGT
Supercharged Member

: Mar 2000
: Fargo ND USA
: 36
: 1,406
Well if its like my 94 there will be little holes on each side, you can buy a tool for this or you can stick small nails or a coat hanger etc. etc. in there and move them around just right and it will slide out

September 23rd, 2001, 11:32 PM   #3
mayo10
Search Impaired

: Jun 2001
: Richmond, BC
: 67
yeah, the easiest way is to bend a wire coat hanger so that it's ends will fit into the two holes on both sides. You will need two of these wire hanger setups. Just poke them in the holes and wiggle the deck out. It should slide out with ease.

September 24th, 2001, 09:10 AM   #4
Antwon2000
Donating Member

: Aug 2000
: Long Island, New York
: 39
: 1,894
The tool is called a "DIN tool" it is a "U" shapped tool that goes into the two holes on each end. You need two of them, and they snap right in and you pull out.

1994 Red Probe GT 5 speed - still got it

« | »

ProbeTalk.com is not affiliated in any way with the Ford Motor Company, the Mazda Motor Corporation, or any subsidiaries of either company.
All views and opinions expressed on this message board are those of the author and not the owners of ProbeTalk.com.