Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Attention: Painters And Experienced Body People Needed!!!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

its called fisheye eliminator!

Comment

but fisheye eliminator is not as good as it sounds and could screw with paint.. just a warning
      u should have died in that wreck. natural selection just isnt what it used to be...
      http://www.cardomain.com/id/sunsetprobe

shoot down a ufo.. they have a sweet drivetrain

Comment

dont use too much, I have used it everytime and have never seen any problems
        Got boost?
        2003 Mazdaspeed Protege #695
        Few tweaks but effectively stock. Going over two weeks without repairs... so amazing.

Comment

another trick is to dry spray the fish eyes, and do an extra coat. Saves having to go buy extra product.

fisheye eliminator dose work but effects the quility of the paint.

Ive never had to use it yet... knock on wood! But that is probally cause i clean the car 7 times before paint and tack cloth between coats.

Comment

this is some good stuff.
            anyone have any words about chipped paint?
            like if the tip of a fender is bent in at a 90 degree angle and the paint has cracked off it?

how would you "feather?" it to blend with new paint, or would you have to repaint the whole fender?
            96 PGT
            Gettin' there.....slowly

Comment

well, if you can reform it s it looks good, then i would sand the whole fender down and just start over. But for the price of a fender at a junkyard its probably not worth your time.
              Got boost?
              2003 Mazdaspeed Protege #695
              Few tweaks but effectively stock. Going over two weeks without repairs... so amazing.

Comment

i straightened the fender out. just didn't know if i can "touch up" the corner or not.
                took me forever to find a good black fender.
                lol
                96 PGT
                Gettin' there.....slowly

Comment

Just prime the spot where the chip was, after you smooth it out. Scuff the whole fender, and paint JUst where the primer is. After the primer is covered, go out around the whole are 2-4 inches and blend in the paint si its not noticable. You DON NOT have to PAINT teh whole fender. after that CLEAR the whole fender, let dry, wet sand, buff, beautiful!!

Comment

ok, now what about paint chipped off a bumper?
                    the bottom of my bumper has paint chipped off. im gonna be primering the car within the next couple days.

im using Eclipse writeup about filling the door dings.

another question, before i primer the whole car, what should i sand the car in?
                    96 PGT
                    Gettin' there.....slowly

Comment

I am purchasing my paint today, how much paint is required to paint a probe?
                      Artist, Writer, Photographer, Video Producer, Daddy!

Official Facebook page for Me, Myself and I

Comment

hey. i'm new to this site but i saw that you said you do alot of work with probes and I had a question you might can answer for me. have you or do you know of anyone that ordered a body kit off ebay and if so, how was your/their experience? also, do you know about what it would cost to get the parts installed on a probe? doesn't have to be an exact # jus round about. thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by CrimSon_ReD
                          I am purchasing my paint today, how much paint is required to paint a probe?
                          How many coats?

Comment

Ok, how is painting with a gun comparable to painting with a rattle can? I painted a bunch of my interior parts with rattle can, and did fairly well, but the coat would be too thin for being exposed to 60 mph winds. Is it really comperable, or would I have to learn a new technique?

Comment

Rattle can paint won't atomize well and it will not be as smooth. But if you put enough work into it it can look very nice. Just make sure not to get a whole lot of dirt nibs in the paint and make sure you put a good 3 wet coats of clear on after the color and then wet sand with 1200 or 1500 to start and then bring it up to 2000 grit and then buff it. It will look great if you put enough work into it. If you have any other specific questions you can PM me. I am a auto body technician from Iowa and have a degree in collison repair. I myself am a painter. Id be glad to help with any questions you have.
                              93 PGT MtX Red with black insides
                              Coilover springs, B&M short throw, PA CAI
                              Strut braces F&R, Headers, Custom built 2.5'' Dual Exhaust, IAC delete, EGR delete, Black 5 stars

Comment

i have a dvd thats like 3hrs long that go through it step by step if you want one ill mail it to you
                                http://www.importmodifications.com/i...allprobe11.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X