Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Diamond Piston Buyers... Please read!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rick_96PGT
    Great catch!
    A MOD should make this a sticky until its resolved?

Comment

not cool at all my motor is already built give me call 336 669-2910
      frank
      93 mazda mx6 turbo 650whp

Comment

yah, mine would have been built as well if i didnt have problems with a parts supplier.

Comment

What "offset marks" are you referring to? This may not be pertinant to this thread but my pistons were 8.7:1 and I had mine made before you guys did the BB. I know all 6 of my pistons were the same on offset. Diamond told me that they were so close that it didnt matter. Which I'd have to agree with since I have 2500 miles on the motor. Now I know some of you cats had a different setup than what I had made but all 6 of mine were identical and I put them where they needed to go based on balance, not the offset. Are you positive that they wont work as is? My combo was S-rods with the flat top ZE piston design but with deeper valve pockets and all 6 were the same. Just thought I'd share that.
          Dan Brown - 1995 Turbo PGT ~ SOLD ~
          287whp & 307lb-ft. @ 10.5psi & 12* Timing

Comment

UPDATE:

I spoke with Diamond Racing today.

The end result of installing the pistons with the incorrect offset will wear down the skirt and cause rattling.

I have submitted all addresses to Diamond for the remakes. I was told they should be complete in a week.

Any questions... Please post here
            DE/ZE Hybrid 189 WHP 165 WTQ <--- SPUN #6
            Motor #3 184 WHP 159 WTQ pulled from junkyard... DE PISTONS/HEADS 125,000 miles
            BACK TO MOTOR #1 REBUILT, NO NUMBERS YET

Comment

so r we going to have 3 extra pistons? or do we need to send them back? If we need to sent them back how will we know which ones to send back??

Comment

sorry double post.. my computer mouse takes alot of abuse lol
                Last edited by josh751; May 7, 2007, 02:51 PM.

Comment

so this is for all set's made ?
                  93 mazda mx6 turbo 650whp

Comment

Yes, it's all sets made except for ausloki whos are in production right now. Diamond confirmed all sets are like mine and they will have the remakes done in about a week.

Yes, you will have 3 extra pistons when this is all done.

Comment

kool so if everybody else's are going to be done in a week, that must mean mine will be finsihed this week

Comment

looks like mine are wrong as well.

Comment

so, it's confirmed that all the ones made are incorrect?
                          New Ride - '03 Berlina Black S2K - A Few Mods........... Sold
                          1994 RioRed PGT, 1997 Black GTS - Gettin' Some Rest.......
                          1999 Black SHO - Intake, 3rd Cat. Delete, MagnaFlow Exhaust, Cams Welded, Tranny Cooler, FPS Tuned........ Sold

Comment

I doubt the one week remake is correct. They've got to research each job and make all those sets. It would be nice but I'm not expecting them to be done in a week but we'll see.

The last set being made for ausloki may be done by then.

this is the email i got this morning...

Jason,
                            Keith Venekamp's, Terry de Graauws, orders we will not have to remake,
                            they
                            were made with both left and right offsets. The rest of the orders have
                            been put in and should ship with in a weeks time. Sorry about this
                            train
                            wreck, I just hope your customers understand its being taking care of as
                            fast as possible.

Best Regards,

Mike Panetta
                            Last edited by jmmdm2; May 8, 2007, 08:55 AM. Reason: Automerged Double Post

Comment

I am fixing to order a set of Diamond .20 over pistons for my ZE rebuild next week. What exactly should i tell them? Bec. I really dont have time for any mess-ups.

Comment

any updates on when Diamond is going to have the remakes done?
                                New Ride - '03 Berlina Black S2K - A Few Mods........... Sold
                                1994 RioRed PGT, 1997 Black GTS - Gettin' Some Rest.......
                                1999 Black SHO - Intake, 3rd Cat. Delete, MagnaFlow Exhaust, Cams Welded, Tranny Cooler, FPS Tuned........ Sold

Comment

Working...
                                X