Advertise with ProbeTalk - click here to find out how!
Advertise with ProbeTalk - click here to find out how!

ProbeTalk.com Forums

Go Back   ProbeTalk.com Forums > Probe Owners Clubs > SCProbes

Notices

SCProbes Probing South Carolina in True Myrtle Fashion!

Old March 8th, 2015, 07:24 PM   #5251
ShadowSE
PT Guru

If any of the Columbia peeps are on here, I'm coming through around 2:00pm on Tuesday and can pick up anyone that wants to go (well, 3 more people to be exact)... Just let me know via text or posting on here.
ShadowSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2015, 05:50 AM   #5252
Snorb93GT
Donating User

I'm not going to be able to make the funeral but thanks for the offer to drive, R.

Sad news about Dorothy. I haven't talked to her in years and years but I can't believe it's been over a decade since we all started hanging out. Time passes so quick and half the time we don't even realize it.
Old March 9th, 2015, 06:41 AM   #5253
livingsacrifice
Donating Member

Right doesn't seem like 10+ years does it?

Lots of good memories of Dorothy, I remember MM9? where I stayed in the same room as Dorothy, Mark, and Mattie. Good times. Plus all the work Mark did on my old probe over the years so I had to drive to Garnett quite a few times.

I'll tell you one thing, she cared about the people that were in the car club. We used to chat quite a few times about where so-and-so from the club was now. I lost contact with her over the past few years, I think mostly because of her health, but we used to talk all the time. Last talked to her on fb, middle of January and she wasn't doing that well then. There was an incident with her blacking out and having to go to the hospital. It's a shame, a great friend.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
opensource tuned by CMP

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
GONE

livingsacrifice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2015, 10:47 AM   #5254
ShadowSE
PT Guru

I'll be there... Riding down with dale tomorrow.

Talked to Kareem and he is trying to make it.

Last edited by ShadowSE; March 9th, 2015 at 11:09 AM.
Old March 9th, 2015, 05:19 PM   #5255
livingsacrifice
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowSE View Post
I'll be there... Riding down with dale tomorrow.

Talked to Kareem and he is trying to make it.
That will be sweet I haven't seen Kareem in ages. Or Dale for that matter.

I've got off early so I'll be heading that way.

opensource tuned by CMP

GONE

Old March 9th, 2015, 08:12 PM   #5256
ShadowSE
PT Guru

Kareem is stuck and not able to make it. We will try to figure out a meet sometime for everyone though.

Daylin, did anyone post an address to the funeral? I googled a place but want to make sure...
Old March 9th, 2015, 08:27 PM   #5257
livingsacrifice
Donating Member

Quote:
Kareem is stuck and not able to make it. We will try to figure out a meet sometime for everyone though.

Daylin, did anyone post an address to the funeral? I googled a place but want to make sure...
Nope just said light house Church and I am assuming that one in Hampton. Google maps has it listed at
2435 Augusta Hwy, Hampton, South Carolina
There was no official announcement on her page besides what Mattie Lou said 2 days ago.

opensource tuned by CMP

GONE

Old March 9th, 2015, 09:05 PM   #5258
ShadowSE
PT Guru

Yea I have been searching for an obituary hoping to find the address for sure.

It's dale and I in the wilderness of Hampton. This could get interesting.

the only thing I remember about there is dirt roads and speed traps.
Old March 10th, 2015, 04:45 AM   #5259
livingsacrifice
Donating Member

Quote:
Yea I have been searching for an obituary hoping to find the address for sure.

It's dale and I in the wilderness of Hampton. This could get interesting.

the only thing I remember about there is dirt roads and speed traps.
I haven't been able to find one either. Honestly it seems really quick to already have a funeral planned out normally it takes a couple of days + making the obituary.

opensource tuned by CMP

GONE

Old March 10th, 2015, 08:06 PM   #5260
Eliza
Donating Member

Quote:
speed traps.
2 Highway patrol in Neeses had 2 people pulled. One was within sight of the 55mph sign...

Thanks to Robert for the ride. Was nice to see Daylin as well. I think it's been since Myrtle Madness X. It definitely doesn't feel like it's been that long.

Dorothy(Mark) had worked on multiple probes of mine and always helped me out on numerous occasions. I really hadn't talked to her much these past several years either
01 IS300 - Latest project
Eliza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2015, 04:34 AM   #5261
livingsacrifice
Donating Member

Yes nice seeing you guys, it's been forever and yes it doesn't feel that long ago since we met up. I didn't see too many police on the way back, maybe 1 in Walterboro.

Another meet needs to be planned soon.

I was reading through her old messages last night

http://i.imgur.com/HjOp6SL.png

Forgot she said this, back in 2012

opensource tuned by CMP

GONE

Old March 11th, 2015, 10:02 AM   #5262
ShadowSE
PT Guru

Yea I'm glad I could make it. Wish more people could have.

As said, we need to setup a meet sometime in the future.
Old March 11th, 2015, 01:32 PM   #5263
livingsacrifice
Donating Member

Well these next few months would be the best time to plan, before the weather gets crazy humid. Best idea would be just to make an event on fb and tag everyone to it, people seem to respond easier that way.

opensource tuned by CMP

GONE

Old March 21st, 2015, 06:41 PM   #5264
dshawnluv
PT Regular

Wow! it has been a long time since i have been in here!! I have no idea what prompted me to come back lol other than i remember Modding my first car and it being a probe. then I see the stuf about Dorothy! she used to live not even 35 mins from my parents. :\ i still remember some of you all though Snorb, Shadow, almost forgot living sacrifice. hmm Kareem too.. i think i met all of you in charleston years ago lol hell almost like 13 years now if i recall correctly

also 98 Eclipse GS-T .. getting full rebuild .. haha i blew it and the turbo

Last edited by dshawnluv; March 21st, 2015 at 06:43 PM.
dshawnluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2015, 06:23 AM   #5265
livingsacrifice
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dshawnluv View Post
Wow! it has been a long time since i have been in here!! I have no idea what prompted me to come back lol other than i remember Modding my first car and it being a probe. then I see the stuf about Dorothy! she used to live not even 35 mins from my parents. :\ i still remember some of you all though Snorb, Shadow, almost forgot living sacrifice. hmm Kareem too.. i think i met all of you in charleston years ago lol hell almost like 13 years now if i recall correctly
Your username sounds familiar but I can't remember who you are.

opensource tuned by CMP

GONE

Old March 23rd, 2015, 08:21 AM   #5266
dshawnluv
PT Regular

had the white PGT lol lol i showed up withgf and my friend lol in charleston.. i think the day before someone slit their finger open on a radiator fan lol working on a car. its ben hella long time. real name is Shawn

also 98 Eclipse GS-T .. getting full rebuild .. haha i blew it and the turbo

dshawnluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2015, 08:51 AM   #5267
livingsacrifice
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dshawnluv View Post
had the white PGT lol lol i showed up withgf and my friend lol in charleston.. i think the day before someone slit their finger open on a radiator fan lol working on a car. its ben hella long time. real name is Shawn
Sorta remember you.
The only Charleston meet I remember is the dyno meet. I ended up spilling a bunch of radiator fluid out and getting horrible numbers. Think I still have the sheet from it.

opensource tuned by CMP

GONE

Old March 23rd, 2015, 08:00 PM   #5268
ShadowSE
PT Guru

Didn't they have to check the dyno to make sure it was on after your pull? Haha

I remember seeing the puddle pics! And the backwards fan setup of the dyno if I remember correctly!
Old March 24th, 2015, 08:08 AM   #5269
livingsacrifice
Donating Member

Quote:
Didn't they have to check the dyno to make sure it was on after your pull? Haha

I remember seeing the puddle pics! And the backwards fan setup of the dyno if I remember correctly!
Wonder if that dyno is still there? It was right down the street from where I work. Yeah my car always had cooling issues, should have just upgraded to a better radiator.

opensource tuned by CMP

GONE

Old March 24th, 2015, 08:26 AM   #5270
ShadowSE
PT Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by livingsacrifice View Post
Wonder if that dyno is still there? It was right down the street from where I work. Yeah my car always had cooling issues, should have just upgraded to a better radiator.
I hope not haha.

I wonder if there is a AWD dyno in Columbia anywhere for a meet...
Old March 24th, 2015, 08:58 AM   #5271
livingsacrifice
Donating Member

Showzone has one here.... http://theshowzone.com/sz/?page_id=379

They are right down the street from where I live.

opensource tuned by CMP

GONE

Last edited by livingsacrifice; March 24th, 2015 at 10:05 AM.
Old March 24th, 2015, 02:37 PM   #5272
ShadowSE
PT Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by livingsacrifice View Post
Showzone has one here.... http://theshowzone.com/sz/?page_id=379

They are right down the street from where I live.
Wow. Isn't that the place that jacked up Charles's engine forever ago?
Old March 25th, 2015, 04:38 AM   #5273
livingsacrifice
Donating Member

So he says. They have been doing business for years around the area. I've never used them but they don't seem that bad.

opensource tuned by CMP

GONE

Old March 26th, 2015, 12:26 PM   #5274
livingsacrifice
Donating Member

Saw this for sale during a craigslist search earlier, decent price

http://charleston.craigslist.org/pts/4935082110.html

opensource tuned by CMP

GONE

Old March 27th, 2015, 06:19 PM   #5275
ShadowSE
PT Guru

Haha. When it comes to probes the only decent price is $Free.FidtyFree