Advertise with ProbeTalk - click here to find out how!

ProbeTalk.com Forums

ProbeTalk.com Forums > Probe Owners Clubs > Greater Pittsburgh Probe Owners Club

Greater Pittsburgh Probe Owners Club Serving the Greater Pittsburgh Area!

June 14th, 2014, 09:30 AM   #1
96pgtna

: Apr 2014
: Pa
: 8
Local grease monkey?

Any probe Know it alls out around never county? I been trying to get my car running forever and I think it's time to call for help. I don't have much money but I do have a case of beer. Just truly need help getting my pgt running. Pleading for help.

---------- Post added at 08:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:29 AM ----------

Beaver county••• sorry for double post

June 14th, 2014, 12:54 PM   #2
dukes193
Donating User

: Feb 2007
: Leesburg, VA
: 34
: 4,604
What exactly is wrong with your car. Might help get some responses.

in its prime

Stripped and gutted rebuild from ground up.
2000 Explorer XLS 2 inch lift 32 inch BFG's My Wifes Daily

June 14th, 2014, 04:05 PM   #3
96pgtna

Honestly i have no clue. I thought it was electrical / distributor but it's not, my the fuel pump, or ecu. I am just clueless right now. The problem I'm having is no spark. I have air, fuel, compression and battery, just no spark

June 14th, 2014, 07:00 PM   #4
mburec
Donating Member

: Feb 2008
: Jeff City, MO
: 53
: 922
:
Honestly i have no clue. I thought it was electrical / distributor but it's not, my the fuel pump, or ecu. I am just clueless right now. The problem I'm having is no spark. I have air, fuel, compression and battery, just no spark
crank position sensor?

)

- MTX - Present in 2008

June 14th, 2014, 07:48 PM   #5
96pgtna

It very well could be the CPS, will that cause it to not spark? Also, my year is 96, this is the year with only 1 CPS correct?

June 15th, 2014, 07:33 AM   #6
JoePGT5S
Donating Member

: Feb 2000
: Hopewell NJ
: 420
Triple check the CPS connector just under the thermostat housing. A harmless and free thing to try is to disconnect the connector and twist the male pins just a tiny bit, so they make a better connection when plugged back in.

June 15th, 2014, 01:00 PM   #7
96pgtna

:
Triple check the CPS connector just under the thermostat housing. A harmless and free thing to try is to disconnect the connector and twist the male pins just a tiny bit, so they make a better connection when plugged back in.
Just did your advice, nada. But I can see how that would be a quick test to see if connections are ok. Thanks brother

Still figuring out what's going on. Ordering a CPS and hoping for he best.

« | »

thread
My local area blowout sale! local pickup only 2 weeks only!! X_TheLegend_x Probes Northwest 5 April 13th, 2006 09:54 PM
Monkey ... Or anyone else ... fallenangel1 Indy Probes 7 November 2nd, 2005 11:36 AM
Monkey in a bar Dan_E_Hughes The Photo and Video Gallery 1 November 9th, 2004 12:52 PM
I'm a grease monkey! Snorb93GT Probe Lounge 20 July 25th, 2002 09:38 PM

ProbeTalk.com is not affiliated in any way with the Ford Motor Company, the Mazda Motor Corporation, or any subsidiaries of either company.
All views and opinions expressed on this message board are those of the author and not the owners of ProbeTalk.com.