ATX module connector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATX module connector

Can anyone help identify the ATX Control Module Connector - 16 pin - for 1994 Mazda MX-6?

It appears to be an AMP (Tyco) part but no PN visible.

I have intermittent ATX error 66 that comes and goes with movement of harness and connector.

Thank you.

Dang, 21 posts and you've been a member since 2008. Where the heck have you been dude? You won't be able to buy just the connector. You'll probably have to go to the junkyard. Post a pic of the connector and I will look to see if it's the same as the probe, I'm sure it is.
    Some people are living life and some people are just living.

Comment

Can' get to car. In shop locked up for weekend.

I assumed there are thousands of those connectors available through electronic distribution as it is clearly an AMP brand connector but donor car may be the route.

Perhaps you / someone might provide opinion about the ATX Error 66 and symptom?

We have been limping along getting it to work mostly by moving the 16 wire bundle / connector around, but finally got it in a garage for some discovery on the wire harness. Sadly, it is not realistic to get harness.

The odd thing is that Error 66 diagnosis (Line pressure solenoid) would seem to be isolated to the 20 pin connector going to the ATX Controller, yet moving the 16 wire bundle (two different bundles and connectors if you recall) seems to make the error come and go. The transmission symptom is a very hard shift between 1st and 2nd gear. All other shifting is normal.

Schematics would suggest all of the tranny solenoids run to the 20 pin connector. The 16 pin bundle might seem to handle higher level function and power. So my gut feel is conflicted because the symptom would seem to point to the 20 pin yet I seem to get some cause and effect from the 16 pin. Problem is, I can’t trace a wire to the 16 pin that explains the symptom to target.

Wife's car since 96, so it is a very well kept driver, not enthuiast car. That is why we don't post often. We have been fighting this problem for years - replacing solenoids and ATX controller. Getting worse and seems to be tied to wire bundle / connector. It would be a shame to walk away from this car if this can not be found and repaired.

Thanks all. Bob

Comment

Working...
      X