speed limiter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• speed limiter

so I hit my speed limiter on the hwy today, tops out at 110 around 3800rpm (swear my rpm gauge is broke and horribly inaccurate)
    is there any way to remove the limiter without going off and buying a fmu or chip?
    if not anyone have any good suggestions for a chip/fmu?
    normally I wouldn't ask this but the car still has some get-up-n-go left in her when its smashes the limiter.
    91 PLX- "my baby" light weight flywheel, cross drilled rotors, new clutch, K&N filter. (sadly its gone now.... )

94 PSE- my absolute piece of shit, no mods, no exhaust from the downpipe back.

Hmm weird...on my 93 se i've hit over 110 without any problems.u have no exhaust after the downpipe?how's that sound man?loud?
    93 FSDE 2.0 Probe

Comment

I remember having the same experience at a similar speed/rpm combo. Maybe a little bit higher rpm now that I think about it, but nowhere near the limiter.
      1990 Miata - Purpose built autocross machine / Summer DD...wait, that doesn't seem right
      2000 Focus ZX3 - Winter DD
      1992 Miata - Winter beater / parts car
      1991 Probe LX - Exactly as reliable as it needed to be - Sold
      1997 Probe 2.0 - DD / mildly under-prepared autox car - Officially dead at 230k

Comment

My old s10 acted that same way, although it was more like the speedo only goes to 100 and the cutoff happened at 97. Had enough umpf left in her at 97 to throw you back in the seat when the governor cutoff. Only bring that up because I imagine the cutoff would be somewhere 115 or so (never owned an SE so don't know) and if your speedo is off a bit then.......
        Last edited by Pgt9420; December 10, 2014, 03:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X