IAT mod (ATX)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IAT mod (ATX)

Can someone please link me a correct working link or post on how to do it for the ATX? They are all dead or not found.

Thanks
    1996 PGT ATX: Lvl 10 Torque Converter + Transgo Shift Kit, SS Headers, 2.5 Straight pipe with quad tips, Custom Intake, 3½ lowered with 18's
    No Longer have the Probe anymore has been sold.

You didn't look hard enough lol

Here is my answers in this link when I had done it to mine. Pretty sweet mod before she died

http://forums.probetalk.com/showthread.php?t=1701314338
    1994 MX-6 LS ATX/MTX Swap
    What have I done to it? Stuff...
    What will be done to it next? More Stuff...
    Build Thread - http://www.mx6.com/forums/gallery/24...ld-thread.html

Comment

Thanks man, WOW its that simple
      Oh do you get a CEL when its on? OBD1 (Btw)
      Id love to see how this works with the level 10 cant wait
      1996 PGT ATX: Lvl 10 Torque Converter + Transgo Shift Kit, SS Headers, 2.5 Straight pipe with quad tips, Custom Intake, 3½ lowered with 18's

Comment

Originally posted by JoeeyCuz View Post
        Thanks man, WOW its that simple
        Oh do you get a CEL when its on? OBD1 (Btw)
        Id love to see how this works with the level 10 cant wait
        Yes a CEL does come up. But when you use a switch and you turn it off, the CEL goes away.

Comment

Awesome mod man, wow it makes a big difference for something so simple as cutting the wire. Its so much fun after launching with the lvl 10 then feeling that shift as it pulls you.
          Is there any downfall driving with it all the time?

Comment

Awesome mod man, wow it makes a big difference for something so simple as cutting the wire. Its so much fun after launching with the lvl 10 then feeling that shift as it pulls you.
            Is there any downfall driving with it all the time?

The downfall is upon the condition of your atx hardware, fluid and cooling. I do hope you have an external tranny cooler. Other than that, treat your gear right and have fun!

Comment

Cooler as always!
              Oh 1 more thing, I noticed when I switch the IAT and start smashing the peddle the lvl 10 doesn't seem to launch flat out. Is this something too do with the line pressure the IAT raises? when I put the IAT off and smash the peddle it takes off quick (with wheel spin).
              It doesn't concern me as I just have to brake torque instead of flooring it from a dead stop.

Comment

Cooler as always!
                Oh 1 more thing, I noticed when I switch the IAT and start smashing the peddle the lvl 10 doesn't seem to launch flat out. Is this something too do with the line pressure the IAT raises? when I put the IAT off and smash the peddle it takes off quick (with wheel spin).
                It doesn't concern me as I just have to brake torque instead of flooring it from a dead stop.
                Can't comment on the level 10 side of things, but I've never had an atx in my life that would take off with smash on the peddle

I've always found that fluttering it 3/4 was the sweet spot for me with or without the iat mod.

Once I had the iat mod in place, it was a noticeable difference.

Comment

I see btw, did you use synthetic tranny fluid or just regular?

Comment

I see btw, did you use synthetic tranny fluid or just regular?
                    I don't remember any more. what ever the stock says. I've read it would be safe to switch to RP synth. I believe they have a dex II that you can use.

At this point I am all mtx The auto was good and it died shortly after I came home from a 5500KM road trip (in 5 days) I drove with the IAT mod on pretty much the whole time. Lots of hot weather driving. It was a fitting end to the old tranny

Comment

Thx =).
                      You went out with a good one atleast . I'm on my second box but with all the fancy stuff
                      haven't got around to adding the external filter. But the fluid always looks healthy I keep dibs on it every month. I admire you actually swapped to an mtx, would of taken some serious work. Getting the ATX out never forget that pain.

Comment

Working...
                      X