Advertise with ProbeTalk - click here to find out how!

ProbeTalk.com Forums

ProbeTalk.com Forums > Vendor Support and Contact > Former Vendors > Cyborgzero Racing Technologies

Cyborgzero Racing Technologies Cyborgzero Racing Technologies

August 9th, 2005, 08:34 AM   #1
boosted2g

: Oct 2002
: Nebraska
: 204
czt engine kit?

I have the czt internals. I had a horrible knock in the motor. Took it apart after only 1500 miles, and all the bearings were destroyed. Both rod bearing and main bearings. I need to know if these guys are still around? Also if anyone else has this kit what are the changes that need to be made to the block to get everything to fit? (I cant find any old email's) Anyone with some information please let me know.

August 9th, 2005, 09:44 AM   #2
babyblueMX3
Supercharged Member

: Jul 2003
: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada
: 37
: 1,015
I have it in my car and no problem what so ever..THe main concern we had when machined/assembled the engine was to ifnd proper rod bearings to fit the cranks. the 0.030" undersize he sent with the kit was too big.
0.040" under fit but didn't have enough clearence. so we machine down the crank in order to fit the 0.050" undersize

You did check the clearence between bearing and crank right? I hope you did and not installed the first of bearings you got.

I got the clevite 0.050 bearings for rod paired with toga high performance main bearings...0 knock

01 Golf GTI 1.8T

August 9th, 2005, 10:10 AM   #3
janz99
Turbo Member

: Winnipeg
: 1,626
I also have this kit, and we had to machine the crank as well!! If you didnt machine the crank chances are this is why you have chewed up all the bearings!! He told me specificly that i would have to machine the crank.

CZT is still around, its just hard to get ahold of him!! Ive talked to him several times!

Ryan

August 9th, 2005, 01:37 PM   #4
deejayarse
Supercharged Member

: Oct 2000
: Arctic Circle
: 43
: 1,369
Same here. I have czt kit in my engine and the machine shop was having hard time with having it all machined up. I'd remember they had to machine the crank too. There were some issues with the bearings but I really can't remember what it was.

Mici

Audi TT-R 1.8TQ

Toyota MR2 Spyder

Aprilia RSV1000RR Factory

August 9th, 2005, 01:46 PM   #5
boosted2g

:
Same here. I have czt kit in my engine and the machine shop was having hard time with having it all machined up. I'd remember they had to machine the crank too. There were some issues with the bearings but I really can't remember what it was.

Mici
I know that the bearings that were in there were the .040. The main bearings were the ones that failed. The knock came alive when we were making 21psi. When I took everything apart the mains were destroyed (toga high perf.) the rod bearings werent as bad, but not reusable(sp)

Also when you mach. the crank don't you lose some strenght?
Thanks for the help!

August 9th, 2005, 02:21 PM   #6
mx6gt04
Turbo Member

: Nov 2002
: 1,807
You do lose some strength, but i highly doubt youll ever break it.

You sure you had good oil pressure? Sounds like an oil delivery problem to me, if the clearanced were right.

August 9th, 2005, 02:51 PM   #7
boosted2g

:
You do lose some strength, but i highly doubt youll ever break it.

You sure you had good oil pressure? Sounds like an oil delivery problem to me, if the clearanced were right.
I have a brand new high volume toga oil pump. Pressure seemed normal. Around 50psi. what oil psi do you run?

August 9th, 2005, 03:39 PM   #8
gus 93pgt
Donating Member

: Jan 2003
: ILL
: 38
: 3,345
Did the motor tick or make noise from the get-go?can you get some pictures?usually you can tell if it was oil or clearence issues.is the bearing worn out evenly?or are they just destroyed?
"(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)--------------~['(@)***(@)_'\

August 9th, 2005, 04:05 PM   #9
TRWeiss1
Donating Member

: Jul 2002
: Squirting all over Binghamton, NY!
: 16,018
At 21 psi, are you sure the knock you were hearing wasn't detonation? What kind of timing/fuel delivery are you running?

-

(w/ old rotary setup)
89 DTM PGT -

miles! -

- Sold

04 Subaru WRX STi - Perrin FMIC, Greddy 3.5" catback, K&N intake -

- Mustang Dyno

(past rotary setup)

August 9th, 2005, 04:39 PM   #10
boosted2g

:
Did the motor tick or make noise from the get-go?can you get some pictures?usually you can tell if it was oil or clearence issues.is the bearing worn out evenly?or are they just destroyed?
Main bearings were destroyed (peices of them in the oil pan) Rod bearings were just worn. The motor had 1,500 miles.

August 9th, 2005, 04:47 PM   #11
boosted2g

:
At 21 psi, are you sure the knock you were hearing wasn't detonation? What kind of timing/fuel delivery are you running?
Megasquirt, 65lb injectors.

August 9th, 2005, 10:51 PM   #12
janz99
Turbo Member

Who did all the machine work, clearancing the bearings etc??? We had a hell of a time with EVERY bearing on this engine. Were the main bearings sat, the hole was actually to large, so we had to machine down the main girdle then re-line hone were the main bearings sit. Then the crank had to be machined to fit the over sized bearings!!

ALSO VERY BIG!!!! My scat rods were OUT OF ROUND!!!! Oval if you will, the large end. We had to machine the caps of the rods, then re-hone the rods to get them perfectly round!!

I am going to say that the machine shop that put your engine together over looked a few things and now this is why you are having difficulty with it!!

Let us know how it turns out!

Ryan

August 10th, 2005, 06:20 AM   #13
93GTSR
Donating Member

: Mar 2001
: Independence, KY
: 6,357
wow, sucks to hear this guys. Makes me glad that i have moved on to cars with actual aftermarket performance, and being able to buy things that have been tested many many many times, and i know they work

August 10th, 2005, 07:02 AM   #14
boosted2g

:
Who did all the machine work, clearancing the bearings etc??? We had a hell of a time with EVERY bearing on this engine. Were the main bearings sat, the hole was actually to large, so we had to machine down the main girdle then re-line hone were the main bearings sit. Then the crank had to be machined to fit the over sized bearings!!

ALSO VERY BIG!!!! My scat rods were OUT OF ROUND!!!! Oval if you will, the large end. We had to machine the caps of the rods, then re-hone the rods to get them perfectly round!!

I am going to say that the machine shop that put your engine together over looked a few things and now this is why you are having difficulty with it!!

Let us know how it turns out!

Ryan
I think that you are correct. The machine shop broke it off in me!

August 10th, 2005, 10:56 AM   #15
charger758
PT Guru

: Dec 2000
: Jon's mom's box.
: 6,323
What a nightmare, I hope you get this straightened out, thanks for posting too. Before I buy an engine kit it will help with my research.

August 10th, 2005, 11:00 AM   #16
Probesport
20 years of Probin'

: Feb 2000
: Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams.
: 18,720
:
wow, sucks to hear this guys. Makes me glad that i have moved on to cars with actual aftermarket performance, and being able to buy things that have been tested many many many times, and i know they work
Following is always easier than leading

|

|

|

| 2005 VW Touareg V8

August 10th, 2005, 11:11 AM   #17
TRWeiss1
Donating Member

: Jul 2002
: Squirting all over Binghamton, NY!
: 16,018
:
What a nightmare, I hope you get this straightened out, thanks for posting too. Before I buy an engine kit it will help with my research.
Glad to see you got your intake temps down man!

-

(w/ old rotary setup)
89 DTM PGT -

miles! -

- Sold

04 Subaru WRX STi - Perrin FMIC, Greddy 3.5" catback, K&N intake -

- Mustang Dyno

(past rotary setup)

August 10th, 2005, 03:40 PM   #18
93GTSR
Donating Member

: Mar 2001
: Independence, KY
: 6,357
:
Following is always easier than leading

Leading for years and years and going through 3 transmissions a summer takes it toll

So now ive moved on to cracking ringlands on 3sgte's

-Ty

August 11th, 2005, 06:02 PM   #19
twinturbo6
PT Regular

: Aug 2001
: Pooler, GA
: 484
probesport, ole friend, why don't you lead us into a piston/rod kit that genuinely works? I believe we would all be grateful....

August 12th, 2005, 04:58 AM   #20
babyblueMX3
Supercharged Member

: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada
: 1,015
:
probesport, ole friend, why don't you lead us into a piston/rod kit that genuinely works? I believe we would all be grateful....
why ? the czt kit is good enough. just a problem with the bearing size. depends on the wear you have on the crank

01 Golf GTI 1.8T

August 12th, 2005, 05:02 AM   #21
Fastest95PGT
Donating Member

: Near Worcester, MaPOC
: 40
: 4,427
:
why ? the czt kit is good enough. just a problem with the bearing size. depends on the wear you have on the crank
I think it was moreso because CZT's business habits have been questionable in the past so handing ~$1300 over might not be something people are willing to do . . . especially if CZT already has $400 of their cash for some .. other product.

I agree the bearing size isn't a real issue from the numerous people with this kit I have spoken to. Just bring a rod, bearing, and crank to the machine shop and say "make workie" and if the shop's decent, they can machine the crank ever so slightly to make it work.

(member #1404) 1995 PGT - Reliable stock internal'd 10:1 300+whp ZE-T & highest horsepower of 275whp @ 5psi
1991 PGT ----- 2003 Suzuki Hayabusa (GSX1300R) ~ 10.6@139mph ----- 1980 MGB

August 12th, 2005, 05:19 AM   #22
charger758
PT Guru

: Jon's mom's box.
: 6,323
:
Glad to see you got your intake temps down man!

Thanks, at the moment she is running better than ever.

August 12th, 2005, 06:52 AM   #23
janz99
Turbo Member

:
I think it was moreso because CZT's business habits have been questionable in the past so handing ~$1300 over might not be something people are willing to do . . . especially if CZT already has $400 of their cash for some .. other product.

I agree the bearing size isn't a real issue from the numerous people with this kit I have spoken to. Just bring a rod, bearing, and crank to the machine shop and say "make workie" and if the shop's decent, they can machine the crank ever so slightly to make it work.
Well if i was doing it, i would also have the shop measure the rods themselves, like i said earlier they were out of round by a big margin on my build!!

The rods, were not czt's fault in anyway, if anything, i would place the blame on scat for not checking to make sure they bored the rods out properly.

Ive talked to rob nemerous times, and he has always been upfront (with me anyways) on how long something was going to take to ship. He told me 3 and a half months on my engine kit, as he would have to wait for the pistons. It ended up taking him 4. Id do buisness with him again.

Ryan

August 18th, 2005, 06:38 PM   #24
bslav94pgt

: Jun 2005
: Lyons, Il
: 459
Hey this is gus 93pgt on a diff computer,anywho,destroyed bearings=machine shop error.They have to machine each bearing journal,and line hone the block/girdle and the balance the rotating assembly.Reason is the .040 is alot for the mains,it's expensive,but it has to be done,otherwise when the motor sees alot of stress the main bearings will just get demolished.I'm into DSMs now,but same machining process has to be taken.I would try and get sme money back off the machine shop.

August 18th, 2005, 07:34 PM   #25
janz99
Turbo Member

:
Hey this is gus 93pgt on a diff computer,anywho,destroyed bearings=machine shop error.They have to machine each bearing journal,and line hone the block/girdle and the balance the rotating assembly.Reason is the .040 is alot for the mains,it's expensive,but it has to be done,otherwise when the motor sees alot of stress the main bearings will just get demolished.I'm into DSMs now,but same machining process has to be taken.I would try and get sme money back off the machine shop.

You sir are correct. This is what was done with my block to ensure proper fitment of the 40 over bearings!

Ryan

« | »

ProbeTalk.com is not affiliated in any way with the Ford Motor Company, the Mazda Motor Corporation, or any subsidiaries of either company.
All views and opinions expressed on this message board are those of the author and not the owners of ProbeTalk.com.