Advertise with ProbeTalk - click here to find out how!

ProbeTalk.com Forums

ProbeTalk.com Forums > Probe Owners Clubs > Greater Pittsburgh Probe Owners Club

Greater Pittsburgh Probe Owners Club Serving the Greater Pittsburgh Area!

October 9th, 2005, 09:03 AM   #1
inside0ut
PT Regular

: Aug 2004
: Pittsburgh, Pa
: 749
WTB: Cylinder Head and piston

Hmmmm, why have I been MIA? I think I broke a freakin rod...ugh this sucks. Im looking for the front head and a oem piston and rod. If anyone has one, it would be appreciated!

October 9th, 2005, 01:08 PM   #2
Savage Messiah
POC Mod

: Jun 2004
: Pittsburgh, PA
: 38
: 525
Now that's not a WTB you see every day.... Your block isn't messed up at all, is it? I assume you've already torn the motor down to the cylinders....

How did you blow it? I hope it was in a race or something and didn't just crap out on the highway ....

Getting those parts might be tough - got no ideas where you'd get an OEM piston, etc. or if a used one would work well in your bore. If you were rich I'd say go with forged pistons.. haha Anyway I'll be interested to see what fix you come up with, just don't give up on the PGT!

Any gen/model Probe, K or F-series Mazda owners from Southwestern PA welcome.
[/SIZE]

October 9th, 2005, 03:33 PM   #3
inside0ut
PT Regular

lol I will NEVER give up on this damn car. I can get OEM rods for $35 dollars and I think thats what ill do but the heads are a diffrent story(im still gonna need one anyway). Actually it was on 376 coming back from N. Versallies and some kid in a new cobolt base decided that he was gonna try and take me on the highway, yeah right. All he saw was my tail lights buts at my expense Im not even pulling the heads, Ill get it by dropping the pan but I wanna compression test first just to make sure its not the head....maybe we should have the next meet at my place and have major engine surgery 101 lol........

October 9th, 2005, 05:21 PM   #4
Aran
BATN, but aka:
Glšnzend
The_Game

: May 2004
: Jamestown, NY / Pittsburgh, PA
: 34
: 5,057
I'd have an entire engine to offer you parts from if you had a 4cyl

October 9th, 2005, 06:03 PM   #5
phil4631
Turbo Member

: Jan 2004
: 32
: 1,682
I think your best bet, if your were trying to stay in the PGH area to get the parts would be to PM 91PGT here on PT. He would be the most likely to have it. Good Luck

btw: i asked in the post but you never answered.... where was it that you got prices for the dyno on 88?

October 9th, 2005, 11:25 PM   #6
Savage Messiah
POC Mod

: Jun 2004
: 38
: 525
Yeah good luck with those tests. If no one else came to your fix-it meet I would definitely stop by. I don't think the non-2nd gen GT guys would be interested but I would learn a ton, considering I've never torn down any part of a motor.

Speaking of cobalts.. There's this one co-worker's LS model I have to take a picture of and post it in the Lounge.. Apparently, Chevy offers gunmetal hubcaps and they look corny as hell. Why shouldn't we wanna teach them a lesson?

:
lol I will NEVER give up on this damn car. I can get OEM rods for $35 dollars and I think thats what ill do but the heads are a diffrent story(im still gonna need one anyway). Actually it was on 376 coming back from N. Versallies and some kid in a new cobolt base decided that he was gonna try and take me on the highway, yeah right. All he saw was my tail lights buts at my expense Im not even pulling the heads, Ill get it by dropping the pan but I wanna compression test first just to make sure its not the head....maybe we should have the next meet at my place and have major engine surgery 101 lol........

Any gen/model Probe, K or F-series Mazda owners from Southwestern PA welcome.
[/SIZE]

October 10th, 2005, 01:15 PM   #7
inside0ut
PT Regular

Phil- sorry about that, its where the little ceasers pizza used to be on 88, I think its called the speed shop now.

I would settle for even a used piton and rod, guess ill try and strip that pgt at sechrist alittle more, I think its torn down with the heads off already. Haveta wait for the weekend.....

October 10th, 2005, 01:25 PM   #8
phil4631
Turbo Member

: Jan 2004
: 32
: 1,682
aite.... i didnt know that place did dyno's, theyre like 2 mins from my house..... for some reason i would think theyre owned by the same ppl as tnt is since its right across the street and everything, that would make sense, i dont know though.

October 10th, 2005, 07:29 PM   #9
inside0ut
PT Regular

Heh if anybody wants a meet, we can meet this weekend and watch me light my car on fire

Actually I think I may be doing major engine work down at my parents farm this weekend. Its not far, like 1/2 hour down 51. If anyone wants to come see what not to do with your probe youre more than welcome too!

October 11th, 2005, 06:04 AM   #10
PA_Probe

: Jul 2001
: Central PA
: 3,112
i would have a front head and oem stock piston/rod if your sure thats what you need. but anytime i have seen a rod go, whats remaining attached to the crankshaft swings down and demolishes the lower block/crank craddle.
$15 for the piston/rod
$35 for the head

(could probably have them on a greyhound bus and taken down your way for less than what gas would cost to drive/pick it up)

- SOLD
On the lookout for a cheap PGT.

October 11th, 2005, 03:15 PM   #11
inside0ut
PT Regular

Interesting. I have to compression test this weekend and Ill find out if its a head prob or not. Right now Im thinking it might just be a rod bearing. Its hard to bend one, much less just crack one NA but ya never know. I have to pull the pan if the compression test is good so Ill look up in there. I might really need the head tho. Can you find out how much it would be? Ive never done the greyhound thing.

October 11th, 2005, 06:18 PM   #12
PA_Probe

: Jul 2001
: Central PA
: 3,112
yeah i will check on it and let you know.

- SOLD
On the lookout for a cheap PGT.

« | »

ProbeTalk.com is not affiliated in any way with the Ford Motor Company, the Mazda Motor Corporation, or any subsidiaries of either company.
All views and opinions expressed on this message board are those of the author and not the owners of ProbeTalk.com.