Advertise with ProbeTalk - click here to find out how!

ProbeTalk.com Forums

ProbeTalk.com Forums > Probe Owners Clubs > Greater Pittsburgh Probe Owners Club

Greater Pittsburgh Probe Owners Club Serving the Greater Pittsburgh Area!

October 22nd, 2005, 08:45 PM   #1
VitalsFading
PT Regular

: May 2004
: 543
winter project Ford/Mazda/?Toyota?maybe

Okay before you get on me for the toyota lol. i am making my probe rear wheel drive.i have decide this

1.Rear Suspension and diff - 93 Mazda Rx7 and depending on money i will swap out the diff for a ford 8.8

2.Engine/ Drivetrain- 93 to 97 toyota Supra inline six twin turbo(ofcourse i will use a t4 instead of the two stock turbos) matted to a toyota 6 speed transmission

3.front suspension - still working on it but probly 88 to 87 rx7 need to getting a contol arm of ebay to check fit

4.Title- well while most people would get a hot rod title for this i feel like driving this sucker as much as i can so well it will be modified

5.Old parts of the car will be up for sell once they are off so any one looking for parts from a gt i will have a whole Sh*% load soon and also a set of ebay headers with about 2000 miles on will be up as well and yes i have a proper egr tube for them(maid out of copper but works.

6.Any one that wants to help or just check out this project in progress is more than welcome should be getting started in about two or three months

October 22nd, 2005, 10:15 PM   #2
inside0ut
PT Regular

: Aug 2004
: Pittsburgh, Pa
: 749
Heh, as soon as I get my probe running ill sure a heck help ya...It should be done within the next month so ill have time. Your in greensburg right?

October 23rd, 2005, 07:16 AM   #3
VitalsFading
PT Regular

yes i am

October 23rd, 2005, 01:49 PM   #4
Savage Messiah
POC Mod

: Jun 2004
: Pittsburgh, PA
: 38
: 525
I'm sure everyone on this site loves and respects Supras (I know I do) but aren't able to cough up 10-20 grand minimum for a 93-97 TT.. lol Good luck with that though. You'll toast just about everything on the road with that kind of power.

Any gen/model Probe, K or F-series Mazda owners from Southwestern PA welcome.
[/SIZE]

October 27th, 2005, 08:08 PM   #5
VitalsFading
PT Regular

change of plans instead of the 3.0 tt supra motor i am going to put in a 302 with twin turbos

October 28th, 2005, 05:46 PM   #6
inside0ut
PT Regular

: Aug 2004
: Pittsburgh, Pa
: 749
Thatll make it alittle easier on the pocket book!

October 28th, 2005, 10:24 PM   #7
VitalsFading
PT Regular

yeah and i also found a company that makes a 6 speed tranny with a .62 to 1 final ration

October 30th, 2005, 09:59 AM   #8
grizz
Search Impaired

: Sep 2001
: pa
: 83
vitals let me know when you start working on this. i can definately help you out with this. i think i can take some of your old parts off of your hands for you too. dannyboy112080@yahoo.com do you have the motor yet? if not i think i can help out with that too. i have two 302 blocks in my basement just need a little hone job and cleaned. let me know

, 97 gts 17" enkei's, greddy exhaust, cone filter, atx to mtx, headers, high flow cat, performance plug wires, fidanza, sprung hub six puck clutch, rr clutch line and brake lines, indiglo gauges, kyb's and coilovers, accel 300+ ignition box and external coil, MegaSquirt 3.0

, blown motor

« | »

ProbeTalk.com is not affiliated in any way with the Ford Motor Company, the Mazda Motor Corporation, or any subsidiaries of either company.
All views and opinions expressed on this message board are those of the author and not the owners of ProbeTalk.com.