Advertise with ProbeTalk - click here to find out how!

ProbeTalk.com Forums

ProbeTalk.com Forums > Vendor Support and Contact > Former Vendors > Probe Addiction

Probe Addiction Probe Addiction

August 21st, 2007, 08:23 AM   #1
Slvrbomb

: Mar 2007
: East TN
: 44
: 384
Probe Addiction STS

I just got a STS from Probe Addiction and just wanted to see if I'm missing something. I'm doing a ATX to MTX swap and installed the shifter during the swap. Now when I put the car in gear it has a lot of side to side play. I actually thought I was in neutral and was in 3rd gear. I didn't have a stock shifter to pull parts off of and the STS didn't come with bushings so I had to make them up. Also, when I lift on the shifter its self it will move up and down within it's housing. Is this normal or am I missing something?

August 22nd, 2007, 09:50 AM   #2
ironmanduo
Donating Member

: Jul 2004
: Bellefontaine,Oh
: 32
: 659
i think you def missin somthing
“The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference. The opposite of art is not ugliness, it's indifference. The opposite of faith is not heresy, it's indifference. And the opposite of life is not death, it's indifference.” ~ Elie Wiesel

August 22nd, 2007, 11:00 AM   #3
Slvrbomb

: Mar 2007
: East TN
: 44
: 384
Yeah, I've determined that I'm missing the snap ring on the top of the shifter and I'm trying to find some bushings to.

Been to the Ford dealership and the parts are obsolete and to the junk yards and all they have are ATX's--does anyone have an old shifter laying around?

August 22nd, 2007, 11:04 AM   #4
MoLoToV
PT Regular

: Feb 2006
: Newark, CA.
: 34
: 452
:
i think you def missin somthing
^lol!!
the side to side play is normal for our car from wut i know but if it's too much u can get bushing which are installed under the sts. About ur second problem im thinking ur missing one of the rings from the sts, it probably fell off just like mine

gluck

March 17th, 2009, 10:32 AM   #5
PGT 4 LIFE
PT Regular

: Nov 2008
: Martinsburg, WV
: 29
: 581
does the PA STS come with a shift knob?

and

1995 PGT - I/H/E

« | »

ProbeTalk.com is not affiliated in any way with the Ford Motor Company, the Mazda Motor Corporation, or any subsidiaries of either company.
All views and opinions expressed on this message board are those of the author and not the owners of ProbeTalk.com.