X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ProbeTalk.com secures Porterfield Discounts

Porterfield Racing Brake Pads
    (Click here for website)

ProbeTalk.com has worked a deal with Porterfield to offer our members a very good discount on these products for our Probes or Mx-6 cars.
    This applies to only Ford Probe cars or Mx-6, 626 cars. Excludes all other vehicles
    • R-4 Full Race Compound
    • R4-S High Performance Street & Autocross
    • NEW ITEM: Braided Lines: 1st Gen and 2nd Gen (includes Mx-6)

[First Gen pics w/ Rear Drums]
    -->click here for Pic of Lines
    -->Click here for Large Pic

Latest discount offer. --> Porterfield is now offering discounts to our members on these products: Reybestos/ Performance Friction/ HAWK/ XRP brake pads.

To partisipate in this special offer members are required to do the following:
    • (Calls only) 949-548-4470 or 1-800-537-6842
    • Mention that you are with the National Probe Owners Network
    • Give them your Car year and model and choice of pad.
    • Make sure to note weather or not you have rear drums.
    • Make Payment arrangements
    Thats all you have to do!

Just another way ProbeTalk.com is looking out for its members!
    Toodles, Stacey_B --++=1st Gens not slow!=++-- FallGuy
    MY 'NEW' 1990 RACE CAR Stacey_B AOL IM: SCCAStaceyIB - SCCA RS - Solo2 (FSP) "Girls Do It Better" Cal Club www.scpoc.com : www.probetalk.com Racing is my life. Winner One Lap of America 2003- SSGT2 class 1996 Ford Probe GT. Hagopian/Bertran
    Sponsors: Porterfield Racing Brakes - LTB Motorsports - Tires Warehouse - Auto-Meter

Re: ProbeTalk.com secures Porterfield Discount

Hey, good looking out especially since I need new pads now.

How much is the discount????
    ~Eric~
    "I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me."
    Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

This is wonderful to hear, becuase i am just about due for a brake job. I need to get rotors, and pads here pretty soon, so this works out great. I am also interested in the amount of the discount as well. Thanks.

~Andy~

Comment

This is very good. A shame that I just sent out an order for R4Ss a bit ago.

Gavin

Comment

Guys I dont want to post the discount because it may increase or the availbility of items offered at a discount may be added later. This all depends on how many orders they get from ProbeTalk.com. Lets just say that no one else can have a deal like ours.

I cant post the price of all the models of probe pads available but trust me. If you want the quality of pads that Porterfield has to offer then you'll jump on this deal. Also you can look on their web site for list prices then when you call and say that your with the National Probe Owners Network they will quote you the new rate.

Its a good deal, the street/autocross pad I use on my car is exceptional. Damon also uses them exclusively after trying different brands like KVR, Green Stuff, etc. It really is as good as I am hyping them. I hope in the future they will run a banner ad and run specials and stuff for us.
          MY 'NEW' 1990 RACE CAR Stacey_B AOL IM: SCCAStaceyIB - SCCA RS - Solo2 (FSP) "Girls Do It Better" Cal Club www.scpoc.com : www.probetalk.com Racing is my life. Winner One Lap of America 2003- SSGT2 class 1996 Ford Probe GT. Hagopian/Bertran
          Sponsors: Porterfield Racing Brakes - LTB Motorsports - Tires Warehouse - Auto-Meter

Comment

Originally posted by gavin
            This is very good. A shame that I just sent out an order for R4Ss a bit ago.

Gavin
            Gavin, if you have MX-6 members that won't mind coming over to ProbeTalk.com they can also take advantage of this offer. They only need to follow the rules like stated above to qualify. I already cleared it with my contact.

Comment

I'm familiar with the R-4S, but not as much with the R-4. Is it at all streetable? I've been using Hawk HP+ during the summers because I like being able to just show up at the track and not have to worry about changing pads. If the R-4 is the same way I'll give it a try.

Any thoughts?
              Greg
              White 94 PGT -- Sold to a friend.

Steel Gray 06 WRX --

Comment

Originally posted by BeerNuts
                I'm familiar with the R-4S, but not as much with the R-4. Is it at all streetable? I've been using Hawk HP+ during the summers because I like being able to just show up at the track and not have to worry about changing pads. If the R-4 is the same way I'll give it a try.

Any thoughts?
                I honestly dont know... I havent used the HP+ pads either. I would assume that the R-4 would be too harsh for Daily driving. I use the R-4s for open track days and autocrossing. Now that I'm starting to do some all out racing, I am going with the R-4 compound. Hope that helps.

Comment

Racy-Stacey, great work! I just got off the phone with them and got a quote of the new rate. As you requested, i will not post it, as to not cause problems later on in time. But let me tell all of you though that is definately something that you would NOT want to pass up. After reading the Brake Pad Discussion thread here on ProbeTalk i had wanted to get these pads, but could not really afford them at their current "normal" rate. Now this is not a problem, and i am surely very happy about that! I will definately be ordering these soon, when i gather up the reast of the supplies for my brake maintenance and upgrade that is coming due soon. Once again, thanks!

~Andy~

Comment

Do they have anything else besides these pads that will fit out cars?
                    Would probably be a good idea to post this thread somewhere else besides just in the racing & suspension forums.

Comment

I posted this information in the news and support thred. Also I dont want to piss off our paid advertisers by posting it in a site wide type of application. So word of mouth kinda has to work here. I hope you can understand where I'm coming from.

Call them up and see whatelse they can do. I know they sell rotors and calipers. Motol brake fluid. Naca ducts, etc. but the discount is only for brake pads.

Comment

ok stacy il give the holla.

Comment

Thanks Stacy for working this out. I just ordered mine and the process was very easy. I would also agree that the Porterfield R4-S pad is by far my my favorite. I've used many different pads including the popular KVR (terrible pad!) and have come to the conclusion that the R4-S has the best balance: Great warm bite, reasonable cold bite, low dusting, and good wear.
                          Sean Morgan
                          Outlaw Engineering

Comment

Just an update on the R4 racing pads... The bite is really strong. I feel like I have a old school cadillac braking system. Ya know where you bearly put any foot pressure down then ***bamm*** your braking! I raced out at California Speedway this past weekend. I used the RS-4 pads for the first run group because I didnt have time to change out to the R4 pads. The RS-4's worked really good out there. I had some fad coming off the high banking at 110mph down to 30mph (3)gear down shift. The car even got a little squirly because I was on them so hard. They worked so well, that I didnt get any brake fade. When I came into the pits after the 1st group I noticed that the pads were very hot and smelly. I worked them pretty hard. But they held up and didnt catch fire or melt..!
                            When I got to change over to the R4 pads I needed to set them in. After dragging the brake pedal around the pit area and a few quick stops I was ready. The second race group was really fun I was really getting some awesome braking bite from the R4 pads. I also use brake ducting/cooling, and I'm sure that helped also. But so did everyone else in my run group. When I applied the brakes from the 110 to 30 turn one braking zone I was about 30feet short of my apex. Meaning I broke way to early for the corner. The new R4 pads had allowed me to stop about 30feet shorter. It took me a while to get confidence that I could brake so late and not have to worry about brake fade. I didnt get a chance to change out my brake fluid for the Motul600. So I was worried about boiling fluid. I was surprised that that never happened. The R4's really did great out on track. The car was stopping better than I was driving. I could have scared myself a little more and broke deeper into the corners but thats with time and more familiarity with using the higher rate pads.
                            I havent had a chance to change back to the street R4-S pads. So the R4's are still on my car. The funny thing is I have Unbelieveable braking for the street. but at the cost of very very noisy screechy brake pads. So dont run racing pads on the street unless you really want sensitive brakes and way noisy ones aswell.

Thats my report.

Comment

Have people been taking advantage of this awesome discount?

Comment

Working...
                              X