No announcement yet.

Which coilovers for this setup (autoX)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wasn't using moutons, I was using this one : http://www.sff.net/people/dburkhead/prepcompare.htm
    it is all the way at the bottom, it says you can't put an LSD on a car that didnt previously have one. The link you posted didnt work but I have it bookmarked. no worries.

About the battery relocation kit... I have seen 2 different types, they are both on probeparts.com, the steel (race) one, and the plastic one, the race version is i think 70 bucks. Do you know of a place in which they sell these for cheaper, or the one that you are referring to with the proper vents?

Also my dad and I are going to be heading to Kansas this august for the next ProSolo, when the time comes we should plan on talking stratagies and what not!

Evan
    1995 Mx6 LS

Comment

I see that probeparts has GC's for 380 and DZ's for 160. Is the difference in the ride quality and available drop height? or what?
      Cause if spending less than half price for the DZ's than the GC's would be really helpful.
      1995 Mx6 LS

Comment

I keep forgetting to ask this, but do you have a STS?
        if so is it worth it?
        1995 Mx6 LS

Comment

I don't know anything about DZ springs. If you can get different spring rates with those then go for it. I would still look to getting the ground controls. But like I said in my first post is you need good struts FIRST. If you riding on stock struts now don't even waste your money on springs for now. Take your 500 save alittle more and get something that can control stiffer springs. Your getting ahead of yourself in you plan of attack. You have had one??? autocross and your looking to spend money on making your car faster. Save your money and make yourself faster for now.

Jake

Ty can I have your LEDA's? They would go to a good cause
          Old Prober!!! Woot

Comment

I know that I am getting a little bit ahead of myself, but I think that the handling of my car would be a lot more important than making my car faster than it is. But your idea about getting good struts first is to my liking. I will see/think about getting struts and GC's with the help of my dad's money (loan).
            Evan
            1995 Mx6 LS

Comment

Originally posted by L-ucky-S-ix
              I wasn't using moutons, I was using this one : http://www.sff.net/people/dburkhead/prepcompare.htm
              it is all the way at the bottom, it says you can't put an LSD on a car that didnt previously have one. The link you posted didnt work but I have it bookmarked. no worries.

About the battery relocation kit... I have seen 2 different types, they are both on probeparts.com, the steel (race) one, and the plastic one, the race version is i think 70 bucks. Do you know of a place in which they sell these for cheaper, or the one that you are referring to with the proper vents?

Also my dad and I are going to be heading to Kansas this august for the next ProSolo, when the time comes we should plan on talking stratagies and what not!

Evan
              check your link again...goto the drivetrain section, 5th thing down. Has a nice big "Y" for street prepared. That last thing you were looking at is a STS specific mod.
              -Jesse
              "Racing makes herion addiction look like a vague desire for something salty."
              -93 MR2, #129 ES, SCCA ProSolo Season: 2nd place: 2004 & 2005 & 2006.

Comment

So do you have any thoughts on where to get the relocation kit?
                1995 Mx6 LS

Comment

Originally posted by L-ucky-S-ix
                  So do you have any thoughts on where to get the relocation kit?
                  No, wherever you find the best price.
                  -Jesse

Comment

Originally posted by elder GT
                    If your car is still going to be a daily driver, search for posts by tracer bullet to see his GC set up for street and auto-x. He used longer and softer springs to try to avoid hitting bumpstops and still keep a reasonable ride. Sounded good to me.
                    I concur.

Comment

Originally posted by Hans[93GT]
                      I concur.
                      I think he's willing to sacrifice some extra ride comfort for the performance. Personally, I really WANT to see a built up PGT/MX-3 try DSP on a National level.
                      -Jesse

Comment

I plan to do more national tour and prosolo events this year in DSP. Then if all goes well hit Topeka, KS for nationals. I lack LSD but plan to get something from OMP sometime in the middle of the season. I'll go ahead and tell you my spring rates that Ground Control gave me. 7" 325# on the front and 6" 500# on the rear. Thats still not as stiff as you can get. I know a guy running a Probe in DSP with 500# fronts and 800# rears with custom valved struts. But on the other side I had about the same times as him at all the CenDiv events we both attended. I was in STS. I also have the addco sway bar among other suspension goodies.

I still think you should hold off and save more money. Work on yourself and understanding the car before you do lots of changes. IMO the best way to be fast is start off in a dog slow car(not that our beloved Probes or MX-6's are slow) to learn smoothness. You have to be smooth in an underpowered car to keep your speed and not to up-set the car. Oh and one other thing hang out with the fast people at autocrosses..watch them..get rides from them..pick thier brain about what it takes to be fast. I have been autocrossing for about 5 years an am just now feeling I can take on the world. But I am the kind thats wants to win so I make sure myself and the car are ready. I hope to meet you this year sometime Jesse.

Jake
                        Old Prober!!! Woot

Comment

I'm thinking I *MIGHT* do the Peru ProSolo, but it'll depend on how I do in Petersburg. And I'll definately be in Kansas again this year. Definately worth it, even though I drove like poo, and was stupid trying to change the car for Sunday.
                          -Jesse

Comment

Originally posted by PseudoRealityX
                            Personally, I really WANT to see a built up PGT/MX-3 try DSP on a National level.

Does built for a straight line count?

j/k, I'm actually looking to have a lot of fun in SM - prolly not going to be competitive at all until the LSD, and possibly quite at a disadvantage with the extra power (vs stock) due to traction issues....

I like this post though....I see it making it to the archives soon
                            90 Mazda 323 - KLZE, fender-flared, right hand drive, 2350 lb fully loaded sex machine. || Pic Thread ||- SOLD
                            93 PGT FRANKENPROBE - 10.24 @ 139.9 mph ||545 whp @ 20 psi || Timeslip || Dyno slip|| Build Thread - GONE
                            97 GTS - Rear Wheel Drive KLZE, 6-speed, 3.90 Torsen LSD, 2650 lb, daily driver! - Build Thread - GONE
                            90 Ghettocet KLiata - forever WIP

Comment

Originally posted by Dan [Sac]
                              Does built for a straight line count?

j/k, I'm actually looking to have a lot of fun in SM - prolly not going to be competitive at all until the LSD, and possibly quite at a disadvantage with the extra power (vs stock) due to traction issues....

I like this post though....I see it making it to the archives soon
                              Yeah, unfortunately, a PGT/MX-6 will NEVER be a competative SM car. But it'll definately be a blast to drive!

(Note: "Competitive" to me is a car that can easily trophy in Kansas at Nationals.)
                              -Jesse

Comment

Ok... found the Tokico Advanced Handling Suspension Kit for 600.
                                http://www.stickypix.com/data/500/160tokico_adv___.jpg
                                Here is a link for some information on what people used to have and why they changed their springs/coilovers, and Tracer Bullet and his setup with Tokico's 5 way struts.
                                http://www.probetalk.com/forums/show...ground+control

I will be searching online to find the best price for Illuminas, whether it be shox.com or autoaddictions, I think I can get prices on many strut sets or springs. Probeparts.com has probably the most diverse compilation of prices, since they list many of the online sites and their prices for each part.

I will post later
                                Evan
                                1995 Mx6 LS

Comment

Working...
                                X