Shift Stabilizer Bushing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shift Stabilizer Bushing

Just wanted to say that I finally installed mine. But, I only noticed a very slight difference. Took me forever to get it in there, using two large c-clamps and a smaller c-clamp. If I were to do it again I'd trim a little bit on the inner edges to get to go into the bar easier.
    1994 PGT FOR SALE | 1995 PGT - Tangerine Frost

I noticed a huge difference, maybe your old rubber insert wasnt as worn as mine. Do you have an sts?
    The thing is, it’s a gearbox, okay? It has one job to do! One job! Pull the lever… ‘Am I a pencil? Am I a cauliflower? Am I a nuclear power sta– I’m a gearbox! Oh, heavens, I’m gonna swap some cogs around!’

Jeremy Clarkson on Automatics

Comment

yea when I installed these with my STS I noticed a massive difference. Had no sideplay at all...

Comment

Yes I bought the STS at the same time. The STS itself got rid of a little bit of the play in the shifter, but most of it was from the tiny shifter bushings on the linkage. After I replaced those I only had a little side to side play. This poly bushing didn't change anything. Actually, after driving it around tonight, it feels slightly more difficult to get into gear. It kinda feels like it catches in between gears. I dunno. But yeah, the stock rubber bushing was in almost perfect shape.
        1994 PGT FOR SALE | 1995 PGT - Tangerine Frost

Comment

the sts shifter bushings dont really do much
          '94 pgt.

Comment

i gotta order one for mines tho

Comment

Working...
            X