Advertise with ProbeTalk - click here to find out how!

ProbeTalk.com Forums

ProbeTalk.com Forums > Tech Section > 1st Gen (89-92) All

1st Gen (89-92) All Discussion of Maint Issues for 1st Gen (all models)

July 24th, 2019, 09:44 AM   #1
Mazda_Powered

: Sep 2013
: 16
Probe 3.0 V6

Anyone else driving a Vulcan powered Probe? I just bought mine and I love it. Pushrod engine sounds pretty knarly vs the OHC engines I'm typically used to.

I was thinking of a muffler bypass, but honestly the car is so clean I dont want to do anything to her. Maybe poly bushings down the road.

Anyone have experience with Superpro control arm bushings? Pros and cons? I like that it would move on the center sleeve rather than putting stress on the vulcanized rubber (hah vulcanized rubber in my Vulcan powered car).

August 16th, 2019, 03:09 PM   #2
j-dogg
/p/hotoPOC

: Sep 2004
: pwning the crap out of supersquid in Unreal Tournament
: 34
: 14,821
I got one with a stick

They have next to no aftermarket but will run forever if you maintain them.

Don't dick with it or try to make it fast, they are practically unobtanium right now and you won't be able to do anything worthwhile except for boost, and even then your headgaskets will hate you and no one makes a kit for it

93' PGT 174k, MS2PNP, Innovate LC2, ported G4 mani, Hotshot headers, Greddy SP2, Mazda6 BBK on EBC Yellowstuff, SS brakelines, 626 swaybar, Alpine, RPF1s
91' PLX MTX 255k. 2.5" into a Flowmaster 40

September 9th, 2019, 08:00 AM   #3
Bufalo
PT is my life!

: Feb 2000
: Harrisburg, NPA!
: 42
: 14,957
I have had mine since 1995. Still runs great! Needs a set of lifters this winter to get rid of a tap.
1990 Probe LX

« | »

thread
My Custom Probe, Silver Probe, 89 Probe, and Shop Custom GT Missouri Probe Owners Club 2 March 13th, 2004 10:27 AM

ProbeTalk.com is not affiliated in any way with the Ford Motor Company, the Mazda Motor Corporation, or any subsidiaries of either company.
All views and opinions expressed on this message board are those of the author and not the owners of ProbeTalk.com.