czt engine build adjustments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• czt engine build adjustments

hey guys, I have heard of lots of people having problems with the czt kit and the bearings. maybe we could have everyone post up what the machine shop had to do to their rods/bearings/crank and we could make this a sticky?

....just a thought.

nothin much to change. just had to machine to crank down a bit to accept the clevite bearings
    Steve's klze turbo powered MX-3
    01 Golf GTI 1.8T

Comment

With my particular kit this is what was needed to be done.

The bottem girdel had to be machined, then the main bearing journals in the block had to be honed to accept the new main bearings.

Then the rods, they were out of round, so we had to machine the cap of the rod down, then re-hone them as well to make sure they were perfectly round.

The crank had to be machined in order to accept the new rod bearings.

Block was bored and honed .020 over.

Then the entire rotating assembly was balanced. I even had them balance the flywheel and crank pully seperatly.

Hope this helps!!

Ryan

Comment

great info guys, anyone else have any more?

Comment

Originally posted by janz99
          Then the rods, they were out of round, so we had to machine the cap of the rod down, then re-hone them as well to make sure they were perfectly round.
          I would be very pizzed off!

TARMAC BLACK 2006 EVOLUTION 9 SPECIAL EDITION 430WHP

JJM CUSTOM TUNE /// ETS FMIC /// HKS TBE EXHAUST /// BBK TURBO /// OHLINS COILOVERS /// FIC 1100 INJECTORS

www.BOOSTEDFILMS.com

MY CAR DOMAIN

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff_Jeske
            I would be very pizzed off!

LOL this is truly an understatment!! The machine shop i was working with thinks they didnt torque them down properly when they honed them. So when we had torqued them down to measure them, they were out.

Scats allowance for being out of round when we called was in the range 1-1.5 thousandths. My rods were in the 4-6 thou range.

Its all these little set backs that really pissed me off. As i was suppose to have the car running by may, and it is now august and its still not running!

Hopefully it will be in the next 2-3 weeks!

Ryan

Comment

if you can bare to wait... http://forums.probetalk.com/showthread.php?t=1701168188
              1994 PGT MS2 LC-1 370cc 190lph KLZE intake ported heads Turbonetics T4 2.5" Magnaflow STS MX3 flywheel ceramic clutch, 355fwhp ** sold
              1980 Fairmont 4-door, S472, Megasquirt, 351C, 678rwhp.
              2003 Mach 1, FR500 engine, 372rwhp w/out spray.
              2003 Escape, slow.

Comment

Looks very promising!! I wish we would have had this option before i bought/re-worked my czt kit. I like the H beam idea!!

RYan

Comment

Working...
                X