X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am planning on running nitrous on my probe 2.5l and it has 49k miles on it and I would prefer to run a 75 wet shot. The mods I have so far is Intake, 2.5in Exhaust, and Headers. Now I am going most likely with a CM Stage 3 and I will put a Walbro 255 in but the main question is about my plugs. I plan on running one step colder, so what plug would be the best to use. Also I have heard good things about ZEX since it is mainly computerized, so I was wondering if a ZEX WET kit would be a good investment or what other kit would be the best for my probe. I dont plan on spraying all the time, just occasionally so would this type of setup be good enought or would I be looking at maybe having to change anything else. Thanx

Comment

I had a CM Stage 3, but mine didn't seem to like the 50 shot i was doing but some are happy with it. It is definately a nice ass clutch.

I happen to have a ZEX wet kit, and love it...very safe...very easy to install. I run 1- stage colder with my 100 shot, but i also have alot of stuff to accomadate that . But i would say 2 stage colder of NGK gapped to .035 unless you have MSD or some aftermarket ignition setup, then i would leave stock gap...like i do. But definately get that walbro fuel pump, and as far as the clutch its up to you, but definately don't get anything under a CM stage 3.

You have 4 choices that alot of people go with that i can think of off the top of my head:

1) Clutchmasters Stage 3 - 285 lbs trq. Very smooth engangement, and very strong grabbing when you want it to. The only downfall from my point of view was it couldn't handle the power

2) SPEC Stage 3 - Very nice engagement...no extra peddle pressure, slightly more aggressive but still very streetable. I dunno what happen to mine of what since it is rated at 365 lbs. trq, but mine doesn't like my 100 shot

3) ACT Stage 3 - I have not had this one so this is going off what i ahve read during my research. harsh engagement, but this is one of those clutches you get when your tired of that slipping clutch and just want something to grab this one handles 365 lbs trq as well

4) Southbend Clutches DXD - I don't have that much info on this one but poeple have said this one holds some power...do some searching and you will find more info on this one.

Enjoy
      Last edited by Slammed6; February 15, 2005, 02:39 AM.

Comment

Would you happen to know the product number of the NGK Vpower plugs, ones that are 2 stages colder. Also I have another basic question, (trying to learn everything before I decide to invest in Nitrous) Say I have the 3 gauge pod pillar and I have Fuel Pressure, Air/Fuel, and Nitrous Pressure. If I see on my Air/Fuel I am running lean how can I adjust my car to get more fuel to my engine. I have read anywhere from 11.5 to 12.5 is about right for a 75shot of Nitrous so how would I tune my Air Fuel mix. Also Slammed6 since you have the ZEX 75 shot Wet kit how hard was it to install and what product number is it and what accessories are the best to use with it. Thank you for your time, I greatly appreciate it.

Comment

the NGK 2-stage colder is ZFR7F-11...they will cost about $1.99 each.

They way you can adjust your air/fuel mixture is with a FPR (Fuel Pressure Regulator). When your car is running naturally it should read about 2 bars rich, and if you click the nitros on and it starts to lean it self out you need to check your jetting on the nitrous. There is no real reason to get a FPR unless you have some serious mods and you would only adjust the fuel for natural performance, the Fuel Jet will add the appropriate fuel for the nitrous.

Its very easy, honestly the part that took me the longest to do was mount the bottle, cause i couldn't decide where to install it

Also to get the most out of your nitrous kit, get a bottle heater and keep the pressure at around 1000 Psi, and thats about it

Comment

And on that note I'm going to close this thread before it gets too big and newbies just skim through.

Take your time and read the whole thread, then search for a few key words. Then, if you've search diligently, you should post a question as a new thread.
            Gil - '06 Z51 A6 C6
            K&N CAI w/Open Shroud & Halltech Beehive
            Port matched intake manifold/exhaust
            Dual X-pipe conversion to Z06 HiFlow
            Diablo Sport ECU/TCM Tuned

Comment

Working...
            X