Advertise with ProbeTalk - click here to find out how!

ProbeTalk.com Forums

ProbeTalk.com Forums > General > Knowledge Base > Appearance Section

Appearance Section Talk about appearance modifications here.

November 22nd, 2013, 11:42 AM   #51
B-Ball
Donating User

: Aug 2010
: Fort Walton Florida
: 895
Rio red is a tri color, you'd be better off priming the whole car since reds are very transparent, and any discrepancies under the color will show. Trust me, prime the whole car. I forget what primer color to use, I think it is grey.

November 22nd, 2013, 11:49 AM   #52
natecade1
Dedicated Member

: Feb 2006
: Calabasas, CA
: 31
: 4,524
:
Rio red is a tri color, you'd be better off priming the whole car since reds are very transparent, and any discrepancies under the color will show. Trust me, prime the whole car. I forget what primer color to use, I think it is grey.
good to know. I thought the rio red was just a 2 stage. I know the electric red is 3.

November 25th, 2013, 12:24 AM   #53
B-Ball
Donating User

all my books say three. Any red is hard to paint, yellows are the hardest to match and the rest fall into their respective category.

November 25th, 2013, 03:17 PM   #54
superballs63
PT's Resident Asshole

: Oct 2001
: Somewhere Between NEPO and NPA!
: 37
: 6,770
:
all my books say three. Any red is hard to paint, yellows are the hardest to match and the rest fall into their respective category.
When I mixed Rio years ago, the process was called 3 stage, but it was a solid red base coat, and then a translucent-ish red, and then clear.

No variation that I found had it with 3 different base coats.

November 26th, 2013, 11:54 AM   #55
B-Ball
Donating User

Yes that is what I mean by a tri coat. I suppose I could have been more specific.

June 3rd, 2018, 05:58 PM   #56
jason231

: May 2001
: Ohio
: 12
Old post revival but is electric blue an easy color? I may have to repaint mine but I’m not wanting to color change it.

« | »

ProbeTalk.com is not affiliated in any way with the Ford Motor Company, the Mazda Motor Corporation, or any subsidiaries of either company.
All views and opinions expressed on this message board are those of the author and not the owners of ProbeTalk.com.