X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEWBIES READ: NOS gain's? & Best Beginner N2O set up? Merged

What modz does NOS gain most from?

Cams, exhuast, etc?
    KLZE Engine. Hotshot CIA. 2.5 Exhaust. Headers.
    Test pipe. Lite Flywheel. Short Throw Shifter. MSD.
    Coilovers. 50 Shot Nitrous.

You mean nitrous?

Basically everything that has to deal with air flow. Intake, throttle body, intake manifold, cams, headers, exhaust. Modifying those things will yield the best gains on the bottle.
    '93 Electric Red PGT SOLD
    Sponsored By: Dunlop Tires, Acci-Dent, Extreme Parts, Street Graphix, S3 Magazine, Great Lakes Dragaway
    2006 Infiniti G35 Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by probepimp
      You mean nitrous?

Basically everything that has to deal with air flow. Intake, throttle body, intake manifold, cams, headers, exhaust. Modifying those things will yield the best gains on the bottle.
      oh, oh, oh, you forgot one a CLUTCH, cause without a upgraded one your car will go nowhere...

-sorry had to do it

Comment

I'd say (1) clutch to put the power to the wheels.
        Then (2) good tires to keep that power gripped.
        Then the basic, intake/headers/exhaust stuff.
        2015 Audi Q3 - Stock |
        2017 Audi TTS - 034, Magnaflow |

Comment

and a good fuel pump.

Comment

Well, those are just given precautions that you basically NEED to take before even getting N2O. The way I read it was that he was asking what will benefit it moreso.

Ah well, he knows now.
            Sponsored By: Dunlop Tires, Acci-Dent, Extreme Parts, Street Graphix, S3 Magazine, Great Lakes Dragaway
            2006 Infiniti G35 Sedan

Comment

Any mod that would benefit a freer flowing exahust such that you are not wasting your n20 during the intake stroke.

Cams designed for such a purpose would help, headers, and enlarging your exhaust valves.

Jeff_Jeske has EXTENSIVE info on this matter - do a search and you will find it.
              What's a ZE?

i don't know, but your email address is NOT working and it needs to be fixed ASAP!

Comment

I would say that larger exhaust valves and more exhaust cam duration would net you the biggest gains.

As mentioned above you will need a DAMN GOOD CLUTCH and preferably sticky tires.

And dont forget that TESTPIPE!!!!!!

TARMAC BLACK 2006 EVOLUTION 9 SPECIAL EDITION 430WHP

JJM CUSTOM TUNE /// ETS FMIC /// HKS TBE EXHAUST /// BBK TURBO /// OHLINS COILOVERS /// FIC 1100 INJECTORS

www.BOOSTEDFILMS.com

MY CAR DOMAIN

Comment

Buy one of Jeff's testpipes.....I know it helped me. (3 mph gain in my traps with the borla)
                  Last edited by MX-6 JON; May 10, 2004, 09:28 PM.

Comment

Gains

I got the fuel pump & Test Pipe!

So what cams & clutch? What brand?

Jeff what clutch are you using?

Comment

I am using the Clutchmasters Stage III and it holds a 75 shot just fine. However, it doesn't like shots much bigger than that. I found that an 85-90 shot may cause it to slip some when it gets hot. On a side note, I made 73 passes at the track last year and god only knows how many street races. So a little slipping may not be normal for most drivers. Cams are a fairly large job.....I would get R compound tires first.

JJM CUSTOM TUNE /// ETS FMIC /// HKS TBE EXHAUST /// BBK TURBO /// OHLINS COILOVERS /// FIC 1100 INJECTORS

www.BOOSTEDFILMS.com

MY CAR DOMAIN

Comment

I was told putting just ZE exhaust cams on an 03 would yield nice gains on the bottle.
                        2006 Infiniti G35 Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by probepimp
                          I was told putting just ZE exhaust cams on an 03 would yield nice gains on the bottle.
                          The ZE cams aren't aggessive enough to see BIG gains but I am willing to bet a mph or two.

JJ

www.BOOSTEDFILMS.com

MY CAR DOMAIN

Comment

Jeff, did you do anything 2 the ZE to handle the nos?
                            Like anything internal to handle it better.
                            I was told by someone that ZE's don't like more than a 50 shot.

Comment

Originally posted by james
                              Jeff, did you do anything 2 the ZE to handle the nos?
                              Like anything internal to handle it better.
                              I was told by someone that ZE's don't like more than a 50 shot.

I think the reason people say the ZEs dont like more than a 50shot is because of their higher compression. Hopefully you know higher compression + lots of nitrous = motor in pieces. I think by going 2-stage colder in plugs would seriously help against detonation of shots more than 50. Only thing that sucks is by going with a colder spark it definately noticeably hurts your N/A performance. Also, i would recommend going with a wet kit as well.

-eric
                              Click HERE to see my old PGT...

-'01 Dodge Stratus R/T Coupe 5speed. Black on Black/Gray Leather. Clicky

Comment

Working...
                              X