No announcement yet.

carbon fiber hatch install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How is the lexan window holding up? Is it as "scratch resistant" as they say it is?

Did you use the stock trim from the glass window? Does your glass guy know where to find replacement trim, or is our only hope to find a good piece in a junkyard?
    Currently buying all my parts for my future part-out thread...https://forums.probetalk.com/core/im.../icon_look.gif
    STEVE B
    1993 Probe GT
    2016 Mustang

Comment

Originally posted by SBPGT View Post
      How is the lexan window holding up? Is it as "scratch resistant" as they say it is?

Did you use the stock trim from the glass window? Does your glass guy know where to find replacement trim, or is our only hope to find a good piece in a junkyard?
      I did not use the factory trim as to where the windo guy had different varitions available so i picked what suited the job. Its rubber trim not the metal and tome it looks better i think. We did use the trim for mock up to cut the lexan. I only use water and towel since its garage kept or storage kept an air hose takes off the dust then i wash it. So far i dont see any scrathces and i can take pics of it for proof when i get back from hawaii if youd like.

It does flex it butt off when i have the windows down lol. But i always check on how the glue is holding up and not a budge yet. Besides im almost ready to get some carbon fiber doors and have it wrapped to the color of the car maybe by the end of this year.

---------- Post added at 10:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 PM ----------

Originally posted by 1995pgt_ View Post
      i love that color
      thanks
      Last edited by richtq; June 15, 2012, 10:05 PM.
      Here is the 96 gt turbo No more leaks and running great 270whp 259 torque 8psi

Comment

well know i have to screw the lexan down due to the heat melting the glue causing it to come apart.

Comment

Sounds like you used the wrong glue
          ///M-POC
          SENSLES 448whp at 24psi Built by Me, Tuned by SHAODOME

Flyrtle 6 - Best 2nd Gen Probe
          MMX - PRD BEST of Show and 1st Place Unlimited Class
          MM8 - PRD BEST of Show

Comment

Nah its was what anyone would use for a windshield the problem is tk adhere it to the lexan. Its lasted for awhile no complaints just ordered some screws with bolts from jegs for in the morning install.

Comment

Originally posted by richtq View Post
              here are the pics of the lexan installed

Comment

Originally posted by richtq View Post
                here are the pics of the lexan installed
                looks great. Do you own the Boysenberry GT in the background?

Comment

I use to its out in the west coast now. Still boosting from what I know of.

Comment

Working...
                  X