Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ABS light on - because of a small rodent!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ABS light on - because of a small rodent!

Last week, my ABS light came on....I tried braking on a slippery surface, and sure enough it doesn't work any more (thank God!) I hate the ABS in my 94 626. I find it brakes MUCH better without it. And it makes a God-awful sound when it does work (who came up with this system anyways?)

Anyways, my point here is that I knew it went out, but I didn't know why... So about 2 days later, I went to turn on the heater fan, and it didn't work either. So I looked in the fuse box, to find no fan motor fuse (is there one somewhere?) So I popped the hood and low and behold was a HUGE pile of leaves, paper, and oh, might I add my WHOLE DAMN HOOD INSULATION!! Yep, some critter has apparently made the passengers side-firewall area his home.

So in the process I remove all this crap (more than a full garbage bag full of stuff!) and my heater fan starts working (must need to have some circulation or something?)

This brings me to the real point of my story...I see a wire that is chewed all the way down to the front fender. I assume this is my ABS culprit. I don't see the other end of it anywhere, so he must have had a field day.

Anyways, where does this ABS sensor wire go from/to? I assume the one end going through the fender panel goes down to the braking assembly to test for slipping in order to engage the ABS. Where is the rest of it supposed to connect to?

I really don't care if the ABS is active (personally I'd rather keep it the way it is...) But, is there any way to disable the light on the dashboard? That is what really annoys me!

Any comments / suggestions, TIA.

(BTW, this lil' #@(#$! has been back again...twice! I'm staking out outside my apartment one of these nights with a .22 and this sucker is going to die! LOL! I work late at night so he must like the warm engine on these cold Minnesota nights...)

Pull the ABS fuse and unplug the module.
    If the light stays on, then pull the bulb ...
    1994 Ford Probe 2.0L MTX
    Kitted. Lambos. Slammed. 18s. T3/04E. LSD. MSII. Zoom-Zoom-Psst.

1996 Mazda 626 2.0L MTX
    Lowered. 18s. P5 FSDE. MP3 PCM.

Cardomain - Needs updating.

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleMetal1
      Pull the ABS fuse and unplug the module.
      If the light stays on, then pull the bulb ...

Black electric tape works for me so it should also work for u

I have a bad pass side O-ring (busted 2 or 3 teeth) and the light shows up when i go over 70mph.
      Rio Red 94PGT, Turbo T360trim,T3T4E 50 trim,T3T4E57 trim Parted out!
      1998 Volvo S70, The Brick
      1999 Red Volvo S70 T5 The Red Devil, modded
      1998 Black V70R AWD, The Waggo with mods

Comment

Working...
      X