Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I did not find a dealer yet jmmdm2. My project hit a slight snag with the MS6 master cylinder and brake booster. I need to cut and weld the firewall for it to fit. Even tho its no more than a days work, i still need to find a welder and prepare a bit before i can get it done.

For the rears i was thinking about "cheating" and fit the OEM ebrake cables. If i mount the left side caliper on the right side, and right side caliper on the left side, i think the cables will fit. This will make it hard to bleed them, because the bleeding valve weel be pointing down. So i am thinking of not mounting them, but stick a piece of wood between the pads, bleed them properly while holding them the right way, remove the wood and mount the bled caliper to the hub.
    Mazda 626 GT - 2.5 V6 - KL31
    Mazda RX-7 FD - EU spec

Comment

• $15 a caliper w/bracket a good deal?
      93 PGT
      94 PGT
      95 PGT
      07 MS6

Comment

• I have 08 fusions on the front, has anyone did anything for the rear like will 06 mazda6 rotors and calipers fit the rear of the probe.
        http://i1276.photobucket.com/albums/...GIFs/plane.gif

Comment

• Originally posted by notso swift View Post
          Smaller master creates more pressure, actually
          How so? As in any other mechanical system its based on trading force for distance. If i move the pedal longer, and have a narrower master, i will get the same pressure as if i move the pedal shorter, with a wider master.

So basically it is a multiplication of force (Pedal-->Brakes) based on how far i have t move the pedal. If given the same pedal force, a narrow cylinder would potentialy generate more pressure, but require a longer travel.
          Mazda 626 GT - 2.5 V6 - KL31
          Mazda RX-7 FD - EU spec

Comment

• Yes more travel, but the same Force means for more pressure
            Contrary to popular opinion, I do have mechanical sympathy, I always feel sorry for the cars I drive.

Comment

• Originally posted by klze662 View Post
              has anyone did anything for the rear like will 06 mazda6 rotors and calipers fit the rear of the probe.
              Read this thread. The rear brakes have been covered quite a bit, and your exact question has been asked and answered a few times. Yes they can work, but there not a direct bolt on as there is some Ebrake work needed.
              PaTricK
              ~ 92 PGT, 97 KL MTX 626, 05 Mazda6, 13 Mazda CX9, 09 Kia Sportage 4x4 v6 ~

Comment

• Just picked up some 3000GT calipers at the auto yard. Hope they fit.

Comment

• Good info!

Comment

• I don't understand why people keep trying to force fit hardware from Mitsubishis, etc. when there is a much simpler solution. Mazdaspeed6 front calipers and rotors, Mazdaspeed protégé rear calipers and Mazda6 rear rotors. That gives you 12.2" up front and 11" rear. ALL BOLT ON. RETAINS PARKING BRAKE. How do I know this? Because this setup has been on my car for over a year without issue. You will need a minimum 18" rim to clear the fronts.
                    Black 94 PGT - squirted, LSD'd, turbo DE/ZE hybrid @ 8psi

Forget the dog...turbos are a man's best friend

Comment

• front evo 8 brembos are a bolt on. dremel the upper hole for the bracket out 1mm bolt it all on . 4 pot big brakes that bolt on.

http://www.mpsowners.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=71&t=170970
                      Last edited by xrp861; November 24, 2015, 10:22 AM.
                      94 PGT
                      [96 PGT FuLL OBD2 WiRe HaRNeSS] ]KL31 SHoRT BLoCK & CaMS] [KL1C MaF SWap] [CuRVe NeCK MaNiFoLD] [KL68 TB] [Hei & MSD BLaSTeR 2] [Cai] [SS HeaDeRS] [STS] [R&R PoLY F&R MouNT & SHiFTeR iNSeRTS] [STaGe 2 CLuTCH] [FiDaNZa FLYWHeeL] [eGR DeLeTe] [FuLL a/C DeLeTe] [CoiLoVeRS] [RX8 WHeeLS oN 225/45/18]

Comment

• Originally posted by xrp861 View Post
                        front evo 8 brembos are a bolt on. dremel the upper hole for the bracket out 1mm bolt it all on . 4 pot big brakes that bolt on.

http://www.mpsowners.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=71&t=170970
                        The Mazda parts require ZERO grinding etc to make the parts fit except for bending the lip on the rear dust shields out a little to clearance the much larger rotors.
                        Black 94 PGT - squirted, LSD'd, turbo DE/ZE hybrid @ 8psi

Forget the dog...turbos are a man's best friend

Comment

• dont matter 1mm aint sheit and its still bolt on. just keeping big brake info with big brake info is all. you can still install your oem parts if need be.
                          94 PGT
                          [96 PGT FuLL OBD2 WiRe HaRNeSS] ]KL31 SHoRT BLoCK & CaMS] [KL1C MaF SWap] [CuRVe NeCK MaNiFoLD] [KL68 TB] [Hei & MSD BLaSTeR 2] [Cai] [SS HeaDeRS] [STS] [R&R PoLY F&R MouNT & SHiFTeR iNSeRTS] [STaGe 2 CLuTCH] [FiDaNZa FLYWHeeL] [eGR DeLeTe] [FuLL a/C DeLeTe] [CoiLoVeRS] [RX8 WHeeLS oN 225/45/18]

Comment

• Originally posted by 94PGT View Post
                            I don't understand why people keep trying to force fit hardware from Mitsubishis, etc. when there is a much simpler solution. Mazdaspeed6 front calipers and rotors, Mazdaspeed protégé rear calipers and Mazda6 rear rotors. That gives you 12.2" up front and 11" rear. ALL BOLT ON. RETAINS PARKING BRAKE. How do I know this? Because this setup has been on my car for over a year without issue. You will need a minimum 18" rim to clear the fronts.
                            I am running 17" Konig Zero-Ins over my Mazdaspeed6 front rotors/calipers. They have plenty of clearance.

I do agree that there is no reason to fab or re-drill Mitsu or Honda brackets to get good braking. To be honest, the Speed6 rotors up front on my stripped 626 are a little too much braking. However, they modulate well so I have no plans to change them.

You need to be pay attention to the surface area of the pistons in the calipers in relation to the surface area of the piston in the master cylinder. As the ratio gets more extreme in either direction, it affects the brake pedal action and feel. The factory master cylinder works pretty well with Speed6 calipers up front and the '98+ 626 calipers in the rear (same as the 93-97 Probe rears with a longer bracket for the bigger rotors).

However, the setup ends up with a little too much initial bite on the front end. To help with this, I run a set a pads on the front with a lower friction rating than the set of pads I run on the rear. In my case, I run Hawk DTC-60's up front and Hawk HP+'s in the rear. This is on a track only car, so I don't mind the squeaky nature of the pads and the poor cold friction. If you wanted to do something similar on a street driven car, you could try Hawk HPS up front with Hawk HP+s in the rear. The rears will probably squeak a little. But, it should be minimal.
                            Last edited by RacerXR; November 24, 2015, 12:33 PM.
                            JoBo Racing: https://www.facebook.com/JoBoRacing
                            '93 Mazda 626
                            '94 Ford Probe SE

Comment

• Problems with Mazdaspeed 6 front calipers/rotors

Has anyone else ran into problems with the 2006 Speed 6 rotors hitting the Spped 6 bracket on the inside? I got my set yesterday and was test fitting and found the interference problem. It all appears to fit except for the interference problem. It is almost like the caliper bracket would need to shift inward 1/8" or so. I can machine if needed -but I thought it was supposed to be a direct bolt-on.
                              Success is a measure of determination!
                              Bonneville Dreamer-(AKA Purple Pimp Mobile)
                              $500 Gas-Electric-Gas Reconversion/Restoration
                              Mini-me & 500k "Old Gal" RIP
                              Restoration of a legend

Comment

• which bracket? mine was a direct bolt on.
                                Supercharged - 94' PGT: ZE, MS2, W/M Injection, weight reduced, manual steering because weekend race car! mods and pics thread
                                Turbocharged - 06' WRX: 3" exh, ECUTEK ROM, MRT intercooler, VF34 pic
                                Nitrous Oxide - 79' Yamaha QT50 'Yamahopper' 70cc, MLM pipe, VM18 carb, dual stage reeds etc. pic

Comment

Working...
                                X