Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so i looked the parts up on napa online and iwonder is this for the i or s model and also do you need to modify the brak lines at all or the rotors do they fit over the hub with out having to bore them out at all like with the 12.1 VR4 rotors
    97 GT http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...g?t=1272097685

03 SVT Focus

Comment

Originally posted by PGT97_Racer View Post
      I'll have pics tomorrow, i don't have before pics to compare though.
      Would this be with your FD's on?
      Cause i'm very interested in this. Nice work
      -Kyle
      93 Black probe (K-sporting) My Cardomain

Mazdaspeed SVO 2.Slow turbo build teaser thread**

Comment

Originally posted by bocajwest05 View Post
        so i looked the parts up on napa online and iwonder is this for the i or s model and also do you need to modify the brak lines at all or the rotors do they fit over the hub with out having to bore them out at all like with the 12.1 VR4 rotors
        The Calipers between '03 to '05 are the same regardless of the model. As for the rest, like I mentionned above, this is a BOLT-ON kit, NO MODIFICATIONS are needed for them to work. No cutting, no brackets to be fabed-up, no boring of the hub, no change in brake lines, no nothing!!
        KLZE, Hotshot Headers, Hotshot CAI, Pacesetter exhaust, 626 swar bar, AWR adjustable endlinks, Centreforce clutch, MX-3 Flywheel, JJ resonated TP, Eibach Springs, Shogun Rims, Mach 1 Chin and Mazda6 BBK (the Orignal)

Comment

Originally posted by PGT97_Racer View Post
          I just finished putting on a big brake kit from another car that is a direct bolt-on to the Probes. Slighty larger front calipers and an 11.1" rotor. The caliper itself is still a single piston however. I should be able to test the new system later today or tomorrow.

I am sure you are wondering what did I use. The setup came from a 2003-2005 Mazda6. There is absolutely NO MODIFICATIONS REQUIRED.
          how much larger is 11.1" compared to stock pgt size?

cant wait to see pics!
          05 Lotus Elise
          95 black pgt-ze... sold

facebook

Comment

I believe stock front rotor diameter for 1st gens are 10.6" and it's 10.4" for 2nd gens.

So 11.1" would definitely be a noticeable difference.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpgt1994 View Post
              Would this be with your FD's on?
              Cause i'm very interested in this. Nice work
              Yes this is with the FD's and there aren't any clearance issues.
              KLZE, Hotshot Headers, Hotshot CAI, Pacesetter exhaust, 626 swar bar, AWR adjustable endlinks, Centreforce clutch, MX-3 Flywheel, JJ resonated TP, Eibach Springs, Shogun Rims, Mach 1 Chin and Mazda6 BBK (the Orignal)

Comment

awesome, i have a new project for the summer then

03 SVT Focus

Comment

Originally posted by bocajwest05 View Post
                  so i looked the parts up on napa online and iwonder is this for the i or s model
                  there is no difference. just like there is no difference with the probes if you have a 4 cyl, or v6 or turbo (unless you have crappy drums in the rear of course)
                  Last edited by MonoxideChild; May 16, 2008, 01:49 PM.
                  PaTricK
                  ~ 92 PGT, 97 KL MTX 626, 05 Mazda6, 13 Mazda CX9, 09 Kia Sportage 4x4 v6 ~

Comment

sweet i wasnt sure. because i went to napaonline and they asked me to specify there so i want sure but i see you have a six so i trust that and this will definately be a summer project for me to compliment the sus. upgrades

03 SVT Focus

Comment

So would it be logical to do the mazda 6 rotors, calipers, pads on the front and then go to the 99-03 protege calipers, rotors and pads on the back to keep the e-brake?

Comment

1997 Honda Del Sol S

Comment

Finally got a chance to get a pic. Just have this one with the wheel on:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...d/DSCF1466.jpg

Comment

how is the braking power is it noticeable???
                            Supercharged 2.0 Ford Probe CarDomain

2k4 Mazda RX-8 GT, 9000rpms anyone?

Comment

I haven't really pushed it yet, i'll do some hard braking tests tomorrow.

Comment

wow you can actually see the brakes behind the wheel now, looks great. cant wait to hear how they stop
                                -Roman
                                93 teal mist PGT.....RIP march 21, 2008
                                95 white PGT....blown up, sold
                                94 325i...boring dd
                                02 R6....toy

Comment

Working...
                                X