This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is this what i would need? http://www.ptrsds.com/standalone.htm

if i got one of these i wouldnt have the ecu problem ne more would i?
    89PGT - Rebuilt head, 330cc Venom injectors, PRD 8mm Wires, P&P Rebuilt Stock Turbo, more to come soon

I need a new job with more money for more upgrades, It sucks being poor

Comment

ECU Reset:
      I have just done an *engine, fuel, air intake, exhaust* modification and I need to reset the ECU/computer. How is this done and why do I need to do it?
      1. Disconnect negative battery terminal
      2. Press on the brake pedal for about 30 seconds
      3. Reconnect battery
      4. Start the car but don't touch the gas pedal for one minute!
      The ECU is like the brain for your car. It "learns" your engine's fuel and air intake requirements and then sets them into memory. When you do a modification that will affect the way fuel and air are mixed, then you have reset the brain so that it forgets the old requirements and has to learn new ones. This will guarantee that you will get the most from your mods.

Doing this wont fix the ecu to work with the fe3?

no ever responds lol
      89PGT - Rebuilt head, 330cc Venom injectors, PRD 8mm Wires, P&P Rebuilt Stock Turbo, more to come soon

Comment

That is precisely what you will need.

The SDS unit, specifically. That is what Evo is running. You will still need knowledge of mechanical and electrical properties and practices to properly complete the install.

I believe the SDS will run you somewhere around $1250 for all the necessary hardware. Plus, what ever time it takes for you to install it.

The ECU reset will not work. It may "learn" your engines A/F values but the fact remains that the FE3 is a different engine and the ECU is programed for the F2. The F2 ECU *can* work but reliability may be a problem.
        Pr0n - my Anti-Drug.
        1G FAQ - A MUST READ for 1G's! ~ 1990 PGL = WRECKED! & Sold! ~ 2004 Nissan 350Z Touring
        "Let me hear you make decisions without your television."

Enjoy PT? Support it.

Comment

Originally posted by Coolmist00

no ever responds lol

Some of us have careers and lives.
          Pr0n - my Anti-Drug.
          1G FAQ - A MUST READ for 1G's! ~ 1990 PGL = WRECKED! & Sold! ~ 2004 Nissan 350Z Touring
          "Let me hear you make decisions without your television."

Enjoy PT? Support it.

Comment

Originally posted by anomaly
            Some of us have careers and lives.

lol i got work... just not a career lol

Comment

Working...
            X