Advertise with ProbeTalk - click here to find out how!

ProbeTalk.com Forums

ProbeTalk.com Forums > Probe Owners Clubs > Greater Pittsburgh Probe Owners Club

Greater Pittsburgh Probe Owners Club Serving the Greater Pittsburgh Area!

October 25th, 2002, 06:00 AM   #1
thecause17
Donating Member

: Feb 2000
: Smyrna, DE
: 37
: 6,610
Come on people, get your act together!

Wake up everyone! There hasn't been a post here in 5 days. Do you need a non Probe owner to tell you this? WAKE UP!!
I'd hate to see this club crumble because of non active members. I now it's starting to get cold, all the more reason to get this meet for the 27th in order to squeeze it in before the snow flies.

You have some good leaders on your hands here, the least you can do is grab your keys and show up to a meet. I dont have a Probe, so I have a pretty good excuse, where's yours?

So I wanna see some posting in here, now!

October 25th, 2002, 06:45 AM   #2
TwinProbes
Supercharged Member

: Jul 2001
: Central Pennsylvania
: 1,248
Well.... I kinda goes like this for me...

- 30+ hrs. (4 days) of work per week.
- 15 hrs (2 days) of college internship per week.
- 1 day to myself per week.

So overall... I have been getting 1 day off per week to myself. And on that one day.. I try to catch up on sleep and work on my winter beater so that I dont have to drive my PGT during winter.
Then, I just found out that I need 2 credits in order to graduate this semester, which I had no idea I needed. So now I have to struggle to find a course that starts 1/2 way through the semester. Otherwise... I wont be able to graduate til spring. :sad:

I would willing to go to a meet, but I just dont have any time. Also, I think people have more time during the summer and we all love warmer weather.

Anyone else have an excuse...???
I know mine is probably

October 25th, 2002, 09:51 AM   #3
thecause17
Donating Member

If I still had the PGT, I'd have about the same excuse. Work 30+hours a week, and class 5 days a week at all hours of the day.....

October 25th, 2002, 09:39 PM   #4
ChargerGL
A-Team Supervisor

: May 2000
: Western NPA!
: 40
: 6,679

what is there to say. We have some major club problems and I dont know what they are. looks like the meet is off. Well hopefully 2003 will be a better year in all respects

October 27th, 2002, 05:42 PM   #5
littlemissfordprobe
PT Master

: Bloomingdale, NJ
: 39
: 4,731
Steve I feel the same way. I am going to try my best to make this coming year as much fun as possible. I will be planning some meets for the upcoming year. And if people choose to not go for some reason, that is fine. But the people that do choose to go (even if it is just two people)are going to have lots of fun, and just enjoy themselves.

I am tired of a club that just sits on it's butt and complains how we don't do anything. When that is totally wrong. Since there has been tons of plans and suggestions made during the past year... and yet no one comes, or they just don't even suggest or respond to anything that is posted in this forum (which hardly ever happens).

So, as VP of PAPA... I would like to see more activites in the next year, and a better show of people at the meets as well. And I will try my best to do everything that I can to turn PAPA in to one heck of a Probe club... Come on here... we are part of NPA! which is one of the best Probe Clubs in the USA. Lets show everyone that PAPA is just as fun!

Sorry... just had to get everything out.

- Steal Grey, MTX |

- Rio Red, MTX |

- Pacific Green, MTX

PT.com Member 1022 | Vice President of Pittsburgh Area Probe Association - '01-'02 | NPA! Angel - '01-'02 | President/Model/Designer of

- '04 - Present!!!

October 27th, 2002, 06:50 PM   #6
1slowprobeGT

: Oct 2001
: Woodbridge,VA
: 214
I am going to side with her. I just moved to PA, and I am more then willing to make your chapter better. Now dont be posting that I am saying your chapter is'nt good. I didn't say that now,did I? lol. I just want to be apart of you all, and have some good times. I love my probe, just as much as you all love yours. I am also willing to answer ?'s about geting a probe to run 14.5's with LITTLE mods. I am shooting for 13's, and I'll need help. Hell, I have to put a damn motor and turbo in my car now. Note to self, prolly not a good idea to buy used motors from a company half way around the world and a place you have never heard of.lol. Anybody go to Iup, penn state or Upenn? Just asking. Good street riding at those schools =)
chris

October 28th, 2002, 09:19 PM   #7
hardcore

: Feb 2002
: Connellsville Pa
: 350
winter is a factor but its a great time to make plans for the spring and summer. maybe a a sunday or something get eveyone together for a movie and dinner or something. i dont really have an opinion cause i dont know anyone on this board but im willing to meet anyone.im easy to get along with unless i drink shots of fire water then im an asshole. lol. or so i hear

October 29th, 2002, 06:53 PM   #8
1slowprobeGT

Thumbs up

Yo hardcore,
I'll meet up with ya man. I need to make some more friends around here,lol. I'm new to Pittsburgh,PA, been here 3 weeks. I dont have my PGT here yet, but we could meet up and chill. We should try to get some of the other members on here to go as well. Go eat some grub, maybe shoot some pool or somethin. It sucks for me though, only 19, be 20 nov. 22. But, if you al wanna drink, come to my place. We can drink here. Knock back some Yuengling or whatever you all drink. I'm more of tequila drinker(spelling) and any other good shit. Beer is alright. I will have my car all ready to go in spring for sure though. I'm shooting for march. I'm guessing the track here opens march or april, hel yeah I told some younger kids last night what I drove, and what was done to my PGT, they said it sounded like a car. I laughed. I said "Bring your stock '90 bmw to the track,and dont forget some cash" I remember driving my probe one night in VA, and one of those Acura 3.2 Type S's got beside my PGT. The kid was under 18,easy. Had his girl with him too. I had to race him,show his ass up. He had exhaust,sounded alright. He asked me if I was ready to get my ass handed to me, told him to bring it. Light turned green, I was a half car in front then what the ****!! he caught up. I shifted to 2nd gear, then I was gone. By third gear, I was pretty much gone. Those things must have a good 1st or 2nd hgear? Oh well, still won. I was thinking that he was going to beat me. I got crushed by one before. Seems like ricers are getting a little smarter in fixing the rice cars up.
If you all wanna meet up sometime on a weekend, lets set a date. Should be fun bullshitting around about cars and whatever else we can think about talking about.
chris

October 29th, 2002, 10:42 PM   #9
91PGT

: pittsburgh
: 38
: 7,677
i ll make sure we have meets next season,

my 93 STILL ISN T DONE YET!@

i have no other excuse,

October 30th, 2002, 07:41 AM   #10
1slowprobeGT

I say we have a meet for the hell of it. So what if we all dont have our Probes out. I hear there is going to be "The white stuff" this sat. =( I ****ing hate snow. Unless I go snowboarding and skiboarding. Any of you all do that? If so, ****, lets go hit the slopes.
chris

October 30th, 2002, 11:10 PM   #11
91PGT

:
Originally posted by 1slowprobeGT
I say we have a meet for the hell of it. So what if we all dont have our Probes out. I hear there is going to be "The white stuff" this sat. =( I ****ing hate snow. Unless I go snowboarding and skiboarding. Any of you all do that? If so, ****, lets go hit the slopes.
chris
i hit the slopes up in many ways,

snowboarding and such

October 31st, 2002, 10:48 AM   #12
1slowprobeGT

How bout we set up a date to go to say, Seven springs? I heard thats a pretty good place. Not to pricey either. How bout it all? I'm thinking jan. maybe? I'll look up prices and what not,and keep you all posted. Then again, I am going no matter what,lol. My g/f would like to try to ski,so, I'm going to teach her. If you all wana go, let me know on here.
chris

October 31st, 2002, 11:31 AM   #13
ChargerGL
A-Team Supervisor

: Western NPA!
: 40
: 6,679
I hate skiing never could get the hang of it. Regardless if anyone is interested in having a meet of any kind let me know I can send out an email to all the members of the club or make sticky topics in this forum etc.

October 31st, 2002, 09:51 PM   #14
hardcore

: Feb 2002
: Connellsville Pa
: 350
i cant ski but i love tubing at seven springs.

November 1st, 2002, 08:38 AM   #15
91PGT

:
Originally posted by 1slowprobeGT
How bout we set up a date to go to say, Seven springs? I heard thats a pretty good place. Not to pricey either.

lol. not to pricey~!

that place is a fortune, but id go there over hidden valley

November 1st, 2002, 05:04 PM   #16
itsnotaford

: May 2002
: Latrobe, PA
: 397
I'd be up for a meet at seven springs. Let's do it.

November 3rd, 2002, 10:38 AM   #17
1slowprobeGT

Wow, I'm new, and I think I just started a meet,lol. Tight. Alright, well, let me call seven springs, and get some prices and what not. They are a little pricey,but, its a really good resort. Would you all be able to wait till jan?? That's really the best time to ski. How many of you snowboard or skiboard? Just asking. I like to hit up the snowboard park. My g/f will also be attending,gotta teach her how to ski. I need to find a good,cheap Probe that she can buy. Hee hee. Cant be seen with a girl driving a honda,lol. My ex had a probe for a little while. Anyways. How bout Jan. ?? Can you all handle that? And do you all want this to be a 1 day even, like leave early, stay all day? Or, leave in the afternon and night ski that night,and then stay all day? So, lets take a Vote. 1 day, or a day and a half?
I'm for either way.

November 6th, 2002, 05:11 AM   #18
yons00
Donating Member

: Feb 2001
: HillBilly State
: 1,189
you know Keystone Dragway is not the only place to have a meet at, everytime you have a meet you set it up for the other side of pittsburgh, i dont mind coming over there once in a while but all the time is Bull$hit/. besides that you guys say i'll come but always back out at the last min. i work 50-55 hrs a week but manage to come to a couple of them. i didnt see one person from PAPA at the meet Down at Station Sqaure. So my point is if you guys and Gals cant make it better than shut up..

November 6th, 2002, 08:26 AM   #19
92PGT-S 3.0V6
PT Regular

: Oct 2002
: 42
: 464
what up everybody, I'm here too

November 6th, 2002, 09:00 AM   #20
littlemissfordprobe
PT Master

The only thing that I have ever complained about is that everyone complains about there being no meets. So, I try to throw a few together and everyone is like yeah I'll go... then the day of the meet everyone is like... nope I am not going. It makes me alittle angry. But next year I don't care. I am going to post meet after meet... and if people don't go that is fine... and if people do go that is fine also.

A few meet ideas that I have already....

Settlers Creek Wave Pool,
Kenny Wood,
North Park,
Movies at Lowes,
Bowling.

- Steal Grey, MTX |

- Rio Red, MTX |

- Pacific Green, MTX

PT.com Member 1022 | Vice President of Pittsburgh Area Probe Association - '01-'02 | NPA! Angel - '01-'02 | President/Model/Designer of

- '04 - Present!!!

November 7th, 2002, 06:39 PM   #21
Karathos
PT Regular

: Apr 2001
: Altoona, PA
: 506
Keep in mind also that even when there is Meets, We dont get too large a turn out. Need some more defianates or hard cores or something!! Lol sorry i am just remembering the second Horseshoe Hoopla(who did make that name? lol)

Ferret

"I should get an award for not trying to advertise and getting my sig changed more times than anyone on the forums"

November 7th, 2002, 08:21 PM   #22
thecause17
Donating Member

Now this is better. People coming out of the woodwork, posting a response. Now stay here!

November 7th, 2002, 09:48 PM   #23
Karathos
PT Regular

: Apr 2001
: Altoona, PA
: 506
lol i dont plan on going anywhere...

"I should get an award for not trying to advertise and getting my sig changed more times than anyone on the forums"

November 8th, 2002, 08:10 AM   #24
littlemissfordprobe
PT Master

Well that is good... we need to get more people that are not going to go anywhere. I would like to be back in PAPA country! I am stuck up in NY becuase my waterpump decided to go on me. *frownen* I hate when my car changes my plans!

- Steal Grey, MTX |

- Rio Red, MTX |

- Pacific Green, MTX

- '04 - Present!!!

November 10th, 2002, 06:04 AM   #25
yons00
Donating Member

: Feb 2001
: HillBilly State
: 1,189
Hey Robin, i might have a sensei frontend for you if want it YES FOR FREE im changing up. it is going to need some work you know people who does body work it could be up your alley. let me know..Plus anything to help another person out...

« | »

ProbeTalk.com is not affiliated in any way with the Ford Motor Company, the Mazda Motor Corporation, or any subsidiaries of either company.
All views and opinions expressed on this message board are those of the author and not the owners of ProbeTalk.com.